main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge June is WIP MONTH! (Finish WIPs, get colors!)—IT'S ON!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , May 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thanks, @Findswoman, and I've just finished 500 more words on my A Hundred Drabbles, bringing me to 1,000 words total on that WIP. :)

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    A-1, @devilinthedetails! Way to go, you're really going great guns with this challenge! [face_dancing] Got it in the index. :)

And as for me... you guys, you guys, I'm so excited, because I just got up to 500 words on my own drabbles, meaning that I can finally post them:

The Sisterhood of the Rose Evergreen

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    1000 words on the Unnamed Namia/Kit story and 1 story review of All Things Nice which is a really lovely and poignant short story. It was wonderful to see the inspiration that particular nursery rhyme inspired and the story is really lovely.

Also just reviewed (hence the edit) Findswoman's new Drabble series The Sisterhood of Rose Evergreen which was exciting because Findswoman has joined the Drabble Challenge and, even though I didn't know the OCs from previous stuff, I felt like I knew them by the end of the first set of drabbles. Can't wait to read more.

So that means for me (this way I can keep track of it because I keep forgetting what I promised myself I would do)

6000 total:
    2000 on Just a Spoonful of Trouble: 648,
    1000 on CCC-USJS: 565,
    2000 on untitled Namia/Kit fic 1064
    500 on Snips and Snails and Bantha Tails: 5652, (If only this was the ONLY thing I was working on :_|)
    500 on Haiku Challenge

Reviews: 4: 4
    As Rolls a Thousand Waves to the Rock,
    Into the Drabble-Verse
    All Things Nice -
    The Sisterhood of Rose Evergreen

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much, @Kit', looking very good! It's actually very helpful to me, too, when you list it all out that way, because then I can check that I've got everything in there correctly. I've added the figure for the Namia/Kit story, so all should be now up to date!

Just incidentally, your link to "All Things Nice" doesn't seem to be working right, but that's all right—I just grabbed the correct one and pasted it in in the index.

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Yeah, I feel I can never post anything without having to edit it half a dozen times. I realised the link wasn't working when I went back to check something so I've edited my post now so that it should be the right link too. Don't want anyone else to miss out on the amazing story. Thank you for putting the right link in the index :)

Edit: See! In true fashion I tried the links that I thought I'd just fixed again and they STILL didn't work. Third time was, apparently, the charm.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  7. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Kahara, Kit' , Mira_Jade and 3 others like this.
  10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Woohoo! Happy productivity to one and all! This is turning into a veritable feast for both readers and writers, I can say that! :D

As for myself, I was able to write 500 words for my Your Reach Into the Far NSWFF drabbles this weekend.

Then, I was finally able to sit down and write a few reviews! I had the pleasure of leaving feedback for Week 3 of Into The Drabble-verse by @Raissa Baiard, which was a wonderfully touching and sweet set - proving that it's not knowledge of the AU and the character that counts, but the skill of the author in conveying a universal sense of emotion. I reviewed Things You Said ... While You Were Drunk, too, also by Raissa Baiard. Which was a fantabulous glimpse of the My Big Fat Mandalorian Wedding fic that I hope is someday incoming. [face_batting] [face_mischief]

Last but not least, I reviewed Weeks 6 and 7 of Raise the Candles High by @amidalachick. If you're looking for a reason to smile thanks to gorgeously portrayed bonds of friends and family plus sunshine and happy endings and all the good things, I can't recommend this drabble collection enough. It's a guaranteed smile. [face_love]

amidalachick, Kahara, Kit' and 5 others like this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Status report: my muse doesn't want to know.

Good to hear that others are making progress.

12. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    @Mira_Jade you made me cry. Happy tears though! I really can't put into words what that means to me. Especially this week. [:D][face_love]

Real life has been a bit of a struggle these last couple days and I've only got 300 words done on this week's drabbles for Raise The Candles High.

But I did manage to get a couple more reviews done on two fantastic stories:

All Things Nice by @devilinthedetails is a gorgeous one-shot written for the Nursery Rhyme Challenge that focuses on Padmé and the Naberrie family. devil's writing is always beautiful and she does a wonderful job of capturing the warmth and love between Padmé and her family. She also has a very creative idea in there that I've accepted as my new headcanon! This ficlet is tender, poignant, and full of love. Go give it a read if you haven't yet! [face_love]

And @Findswoman's fabulous kickoff to her drabble collection, The Sisterhood of the Rose Evergreen! I didn't know anything about this group of OCs going in but @Findswoman's writing is so compelling and Star Wars-y (which I really can't describe but it's a good thing, I promise!) that I was hooked right away. I love the interactions between these ladies and the glimpses of backstory we get, and I can't wait to see more of their adventures! :)

13. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    672 words added for a Spoonful of Trouble

Also last night I reviewed Findswoman's new Drabble series The Sisterhood of Rose Evergreen. I put it in my last post but it was as part of the edit so I think it wasn't obvious so I'm adding it again.

Updating so I can keep track of my pledge

6000 total:
    2000 on Just a Spoonful of Trouble: 1420
    1000 on CCC-USJS: 565,
    2000 on untitled Namia/Kit fic 1064
    500 on Snips and Snails and Bantha Tails: 5652,
    500 on Haiku Challenge

Reviews: 4: 4
    As Rolls a Thousand Waves to the Rock,
    Into the Drabble-Verse
    All Things Nice -
    The Sisterhood of Rose Evergreen

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Great work, @amidalachick and @Kit' ! Looking very good; index updated. :) And if I may say so, thank you so much for your lovely comments on my drabbles; I really appreciated that and am so glad you both enjoyed them. @};-

@Kit', I've bolded you now that you've met your review goal--well done! =D=

@amidalachick, I now have your total as 800 for Raise the Candles High; is that right?

(Just a note to everyone for future reference: total/cumulative word counts are easiest for me to work with in terms of updating the index. It's not so bad with multiples of 100 for drabbles, but if I'm updating several things in the index at a time, if not-so-round numbers are involved, I can't guarantee that I'll always be able to arithmetic reliably. :oops: :p )

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  15. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    @Findswoman I actually got another 100 words done today so now it's up to 900 total for Raise The Candles High.

Thank you so much for doing all this and keeping everything organized! @};-

16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Great, way to go! Just added it to the index. :)

And I finished another drabble, so I’m now at 600 on The Sisterhood of the Rose Evergreen! Maybe I can make this goal after all! :D

EDIT: Did another review, too, bringing me up to my goal of 8: the hilariously sweet final chapter of @Mira_Jade 's Color Me Pink! :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  17. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    It looks as though I might have been overly ambitious with my goal, as I haven't written one word yet this month on any of my hapless progressing stories. I have found myself envying those who can write at work--as the only docent at the museum who is a paid employee, I have to work between visitors, and I just received a whole heap of unlabeled and undated photographs to decipher, and scan/catalog. Besides which, I can't eat very well at work, either: today, I just happened to take the first bite of my lunch at the exact same moment a pair of visitors walked in the door.

But the end is in sight: I ordered a chromebook (and if this is a terrible choice for writing, well too late now) and it is presently moving through the postal system. Maybe I can squeeze out 1000 words in the end?

*Finishes message, and returns to scanning photographs of my sister's 8th grade class Christmas play, which I know I saw, but of which I remember not one single moment.*

18. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Can you please remove All Our Yesterdays from my list, so that no one will review it? I’ve decided not to continue it at this time.

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Certainly—done. :)

And @Pandora , thanks for the update—good to see you! Sending good vibes for you and the new Chromebook. :cool:

20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    @Pandora - Oooo! New computers are always helpful with writing (or at least I like to think so!) Good luck!

500 words for the unnamed Namia/Kit fic.

Not a lot although I will say that having the reward of being able to write for myself meant that I marked the 15 drafts I had to do this evening in record time (it helped that most kids had only written about 1/3 of what they were supposed to - although my blood pressure while trying to mark dodgy assessment isn't going to forgive them anytime soon).

I've put the only one that's changed below so that hopefully @Findswoman all you need to do is cut and paste? Maybe?

*2000 on untitled Namia/Kit fic 1500

21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, got it, thanks! :) Though you previously had 1064 for the word count of the untitled namia/Kit fic, so wouldn't it now be 1564? Just checking, because I want to make sure I don't shortchange you! :D

22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Yeah but I was going back to round numbers because you’re right it is easier and you do an amazing (and very hard) job as it is. I’ll add the 64 words to tonight’s effort and then o only need to write 436

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    1905 words on The Journal of Ronen Syndulla-Jarrus! :eek::eek::eek: I have no idea how this happened, but I hope whatever it is continues!

24. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @Findswoman and @Kit' :

Thanks for the well-wishes for my new (well, used via ebay) chromebook. As it turns out, I really need them: it arrived in the mail today, and before I could even begin to play around with it, I found out the power supply doesn't work: the chromebook was already down to 2% power when I got it, and when I plugged it in, it couldn't charge. (The battery is dead now.) My father paid for it for me as either a birthday or holiday present, and he has contacted the seller--but even if he works something out with the seller, or orders another power supply elsewhere, that will take up a week at the least.

So I still don't have a reliable laptop (the machine I'm typing on now shall probably fizz out in the next five minutes) and it looks like I can declare this WIPmonth to officially and finally be a total bust. I'm just trying to butch up and move on with my life.

amidalachick, Kahara, Kit' and 2 others like this.
  25. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    One of my two stories is finished! Yay! Now I have to figure out how to finish the other...

Crisis of the Heart

amidalachick, Kahara, Kit' and 3 others like this.