main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Authors open to PM Concrit [List]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Sep 30, 2015.

1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I could always use concrit as I like to improve my writing. Sign me up!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Darth Osnil

Darth Osnil Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 29, 2016
    Improve without concrit, a writer will not. Add me please.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. FireKeeper

FireKeeper Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2017
    I am always open to concrit. Even if it's nasty. In fact, it's better if it's nasty. Makes me try harder to improve.

Also, I don't care if it's PM or story, I check for comments often, and nobody comments on it anyway( I suck, I guess, as proven by 10% Kudos/ Hit ration on AO3), so I am open to criticism in any form. Just as long as they don't complain about me writing Kylo as a monster instead of a sympathetic figure( that one is intentional XD).

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    List is updated.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I'm open to critique on my writing of characters of color and related issues. This isn't meant to ask that anyone do my learn-about-racism homework for me. But if and when there is something relating to that in my stories that bothers you, you can bring it up to me. I'd rather know than end up repeating mistakes or patterns that disappoint readers.

PM seems kind of a difficult format for starting such conversations, so if there's something (such as looping in a third person you trust to the PM thread?) that will make you more comfortable then please do and/or let me know what I can do.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this and sorry for the long post, but it seems like the closest thing we have.

Anyway, I don't care one bit about my grammar or canon-picking but won't be mad if it shows up in my inbox as well.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I think this is the perfect place Kahara! I love it and think it's an awesome thing!
    I've added you to the list on the first page.

7. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    @mavjade , I very much appreciate your support of the idea! That said, for future reference of anyone else reading: if anybody thinks it’s a good idea, then by all means do the same thing yourself rather than liking or commenting on this. (Or if you think of a better idea then do that. I’m white and just guessing what would be a way to make a more welcoming environment for readers/writers who may have concerns of a variety of kinds.)

Really hoping not to be the only one, though I don’t by any means want to try to obligate everyone into joining in. People maintain varying degrees of anonymity here when it comes to race and other personal details, and I’m guessing (in a worst case scenario) that signing up for this or not could mess with that anonymity by making users feel like they have to explain themselves one way or another.

So yeah, I’m in favor of leaving people alone about their anonymity. But also if anyone thinks they could help make the fanfic boards that little bit more open to the thoughts of all our members by doing this, then I urge you to do it.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I’d be open to input about this sort of thing, too. If I’ve unwittingly written something that comes across as racially offensive, please feel free to let me know.

9. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Sign me up please. Concrit has always been something I've valued in fan fic. :)

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I'm always happy for concrit too. It's really the only way to get better.

AzureAngel2 and BRE like this.
  11. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    This sounds great! Sign me up!

12. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I must have missed this earlier. Please sign me up, I consider constructive criticism essential.

13. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I would like to be added to the list for constructive criticism. I'll update a couple of my story threads so people can see it there as well.

Also, no one has to worry about hurting my feelings -- I tell people I'm a graduate of the Severus Snape School of Journalistic Criticism -- I had one professor who literally told a class, "This is the stupidest writing mistake I've seen in the last 10 years!" while discussing a piece that had the writer's name on it. And that was one of his kinder comments....

14. Bel505

Bel505 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    I'm absolutely open to constructive criticism!

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Sign me up, I guess.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Blue_Daddys_Girl

Blue_Daddys_Girl Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2021
    Would also like to join the list, please and thank you!