main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I'm waiting to see if Virgin Atlantic cancel my flights booked to LAX. I could claim a voucher now if I wanted to but if the flights end up cancelled I'd legally be entitled to a refund.

I'm already battling with Virgin Atlantic trying to get a refund for flights they cancelled in early May for my trip to Florida / Disney World which was supposed to have taken place the last two weeks of May. When they cancelled the flights they said they'd automatically converted my flights to a voucher and so far they've been ignoring my requests for a refund. Apparently hardly anyone in the UK has been able to get a refund from Virgin Atlantic for cancelled flights unlike other airlines who have been honoring their statutory obligations to refund cancelled flights.

I would possibly be OK with accepting a voucher for one of the two trips I had booked with them but not for both of them as I could do with at least some of the money refunded after we all had to accept a substantial pay cut at work because of the current situation.

Padme501st likes this.
  2. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hallmark Celebration exclusives. They are supposed to go on sale online soon

3. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Obi Anne, how are things health wise, in Sweden? I like to hear from people who actually live in the area instead of the news. I hope all is well.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Basically Sweden failed to protect our elderly. The virus got into our care homes, and almost 90% of all the fatalities have been people 75% or older. For the rest of society the virus is present, but our health care system can handle it. If anything I think Sweden's ambition was too low, we wanted to make sure that we didn't overwhelm our health care, but our neighbouring countries decided that they didn't want to have any spread at all. We have definitely passed the peak, in total we have 213 people in ICU with covid-19, at most we had around 550, and new admittances are hovering around 10/day. So we have a decreasing trend but it has in no way gone away.

5. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    It's sad that the elderly have been so badly affected all over by this scourge! When I do my genealogy research, I call the respective states with info and ask about the weather(as compared with the news or Weather Channel)I also ask them about the virus cases, they too say that rest homes are the hardest hit, Now they say there are blood types that the virus is most dangerous to the victims. It is best Cele. was cancelled because many celebrities are elderly now. please stay well yourself.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    UK also had a lot of deaths in care homes. The main problem was lack of PPE since the NHS had the priority. Care staff either had to improvise or make do without.

7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
  8. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Just got that notification, I want to transfer the ticket, no waiting in virtual time to buy it next time! no worry about not getting a 4 day pass! Now maybe I can get that hotel real close to the con. center again!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Just got an a mini email spam from Lyte for ticket exchange, but only to request a ticket.

No idea what next summer is going to look like work-wise, so I'll hold onto my tix until as close to the deadline as possible.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Celebration is two summers from now...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Ha! Side effect of the pandemic: inability to grasp future time. :p

Does anyone know if Lyte is now being regularly used by ReedPop, for other conventions too? I.e. I'm wondering if selling a ticket at a future date (>year) would be feasible.

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You should be able to. I know they used it for ECCC. I think the only reasons to get a refund now is if you were 100% sure you didn't want to go or were in need of the extra money.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Honestly I’m just psyched that we can still buy the merch

darthvader88 likes this.
  14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I just got my official cancellation of my flights, and I have requested a full refund instead of the voucher. It might take longer to get the money back, but I definitely feel unsure if I'm going to do any flights the coming year (the voucher was only valid for 12 months).

15. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    What was your airline?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
  17. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Great news @Obi Anne

United just confirmed we’re eligible for a full refund today so good news all round. All I have left now is the Star Wars Nite tickets but I’m not going to cancel them until the new date is confirmed.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  18. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I am gonna take a wild guess and say it probably will be August 18th, 2022 first date of Celebration...

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I’m pretty sure they’ll move it to next year some time and announce a new event for SWC 2022, but until they announce the new dates it doesn’t cost me anything to wait just in case they do move it to next Celebration.

Hypatia likes this.
  20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm the same when it comes to SW Nite, I'll hold on to them until I know for sure that I won't be able to go.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I also got an email about cancellation. But how does this work for you, because I have only had my departure flight cancelled so far. My return flight is in september, and it is not cancelled yet and the email says I need to react with in 5 days or they will assume I will accept a voucher, which I am NOT interested in for the same reasons you are not interested in it.

22. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Well, I called them and apparently they didn't want to cancel my return flight in case I wanted to use it??? Because maybe I could get over there some other way and then use my return booking with them?!?! I don't even wanna begin to try and understand that logic. Anyway I got signed on for my full refund, so now I just gotta wait.

I don't know how they expect people to want a voucher in the first place. They don't give any perks for accepting the voucher. No added 20% like I saw some other company gave, not even a guarantee to get the same travel at the same price when said travel is possible. That being said I will still use them in 2 years if they (hopefully) fly direct again.

Now I am also just out of pocket for the Disney Star Wars Nite, but like the rest of you, I am waiting to see when it will be rescheduled to. Heck, if I had an actual physical ticket I might just have kept it regardless.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Obi Anne , ChrisLyne and JonSB like this.
  23. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If you think about it, since the opening of Galaxy's Edge, they still have yet to have a dedicated Star Wars night in the park. I doubt they are going wait all the way until 2022 to have an event like that. So they may give you an option to transfer to an event that doesn't coincide with Celebration, or just get a refund. I honestly doubt you'd be able to roll it over all the way until 2022.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    They may, but at the same time, a good chunk of Star Wars Fans may not be able to afford to go to DisneyLand for a Star Wars Night for one day without there being another reason to go in the first place, such as Celebration...

Hypatia likes this.
  25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Oh I totally agree @MotivateR5D4, I don't see them delaying it any longer than necessary. But until they announce a date I've no need to cancel.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.