main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Not following Season 3's route..

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why would raise my hopes that I could see Kuvira again @Ghost?

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    She’s in the new comics!

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I do appreciate the fact that Nickelodeon seems to be slowly realizing that isolating all their shows on their terrible app mostly means no one watches their shows.

7. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    First time this thread has been upped since live action remake broke that i’m not disappointed.

Great news.

Ghost likes this.
  8. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  9. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    So that explains the explosion of reaction videos to the series the past few weeks. It became way more accessible right as many people were shut in for an extended period of time.

10. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Changes I would make from the original series:

Make Azula Zuko’s twin or age them both up a few years.

This is one of the few things the films did right—stretch the amount of time between the discovery of Aang and Sozin’s Comet, since the young actors will age.

Start Book 1 with Aang running away, then skipping to Katara and Sokka.

Start Book 2 with the Zuko alone flashbacks in the first scene.

Start Book 3 with Roku showing Aang the Roku/Sozin flashbacks with Aang still in a coma.

Cut some filler episodes such as The Great Divide and Avatar Day.

As entertaining as that episode is, I would also replace The Ember Island Players with a flashback episode about Iroh and Ozai’s backstories.

Make Roku Zuko’s great-great-grandfather or his great-great-great-grandfather. Personally, I am fine with Sozin being Zuko’s great-grandfather.

I would change the Lion Turtle story element so it isn’t so arbitrary.

I’d make more minor story changes, but this is the big stuff.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I agree with more Lion Turtle foreshadowing, more Iroh/Ozai (and I'd like to know more about Uncle Iroh's wife), and more on the Air Nomads before they're destroyed.

There definitely needs to be 1-2 more generations between Roku/Sozin and Zuko. It just doesn't make sense that Sozin is already 100 years old when Aang is born, lives another 12 years to strike at the Air Nomads, only then has a son and heir, and then proceeds to go to war with the other nations while hunting down the Avatar. Pretty sure most humans in this world begin to slow down after reaching 100, if they even make it that far. :p But even when Sozin does die, we know that his grandson Ozai (Zuko's father) only became Fire Lord a few years before the start of the "present" timeline in the series, and that he's relatively young. So that leaves Azulon to be the only Fire Lord for the vast majority of the Hundred Years War, living to about 100 himself (but I'm guessing there would have had to be a regent for at least a decade or two when Azulon was very young?) and also having Ozai very late.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Kyoshi lived to be 200+ Bumi is 112 when we meet him in season 1. Age means nothing in avatar.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's not nothing... they're exceptions.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Katara will also live to be very old if Aunt Wo is correct. Not impossibly old like Kyoshi but probably a decade older than Bumi.

15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    It's really a clever way to give the audience a review session before the final showdown. Also there's an opportunity to enhance the level of humor with more physical gags about terrible practical theatrical stage effects. It's not strictly necessary, as everyone pretty much always has access to all episodes of a show and so no review session is needed. But as a monument to plays within plays it is a classic.

Ghost and Coruscant like this.
  16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Toph, Katara, and Zuko are all very much alive and active during Korra. Heck, the most recent comic's plotline called for Toph to run for leading the Earth Kingdom to prevent another one from getting in. So I do think these characters mostly live a long life. The reason Aang's life was cut short is because of the time he spent in the iceberg apparently.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That was the reason they gave correct. Which implies he would have lived to be 150+ if he was never in the iceberg

the oldest character we see while alive is Guru Pathik who was over 150 years old.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Hopefully the live action remake does the material better than M.Night's version did.

19. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    The Earth King invites you to Lake Laogai

20. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I've never tried to watch it. I'm not even morbidly or ironically curious about what went wrong.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Besides the whitewashing?

22. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    @Rylo Ken The Earth King invites also invites you to Lake Laogai

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Rylo Ken likes this.
  23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    It's just so very, very bad. The best parts are Zuko and Iroh. And that was not enough to save how bad the rest of it is.

24. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Everything.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Even as a kid. I was never once interested in seeing it in theaters. Looked lame from the trailers alone.