main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Summer Olympics Challenge Decathlon - Kyp Durron, Adalia Tehanis "Seasons in the Sun"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 2, 2020.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Adalia is my own creation, she is a year younger than Kyp and Force Sensitive but not interested in being a Jedi. She is a fighter pilot and a squadron leader. She's met her match. Their story covers over 18 years and starts months after the end of the Yuuzhan Vong war, where she is Base Commander of the Oracle Space Station, outside the Vergasso Asteroid System. That's where they met. Most of this is set 10-12 years later.

110 word hurdle 110 word in which the names or names of your characters are NOT mentioned.

He was home for the first time in three months, and he’d decided to surprise her. The Nanny said she’d gone riding on her equine Thunder. He approached silently on his equine Lightening, stopping and gazing the image before him. Perfection. She stood naked under the water fall, clothes discarded nearby, her face turned up to the cascading water. She sensed him and turned to smile before gesturing to join her. She was perfection, she loved him and he her. Dismounting he made his way toward her, disrobing as he went. He was home and they were in their own heaven.

4 x 100 relay four types of Love (affection, intimacy, friendship, charity) - I made this one story with four elements.

Friendship.

“Put them on the table.” She directed by pointing.

“What are these?” He asked putting the parcels up.

“Toys, orphans don’t get toys often. I gave credits for clothes too.” Adalia explained. “They all need new clothes.”

He turned to her. “You know how it feels.”

She looked to him, “We know how it feels.” She corrected and he nodded. “Thanks for helping me with this Kyp, it’s important to me.”

He put more parcels up and shrugged. “What are friends for?” he asked.

Adalia frowned, “With benefits?” she asked.

“Play your cards right.” He laughed.

“Plan too.” She smirked.

Charity

Watching Adalia fuss over the wrapped gifts in the orphanage was rewarding. The children came in and a strawberry haired girl ran to her as was duly scooped up. This was the first time Kyp had seen her with children, it was right. The girl giggled and pointed at him before they came over.

“He won’t bite, I promise.” Adalia assured her.

He extended his hand. “Pleased to meet you, I’m Kyp.”

The girl took his hand. “I’m Cassia.” Adalia put her down. “Best go find a gift!”

He moved closer. “How long have you been doing this?”

She smiled. “20 years.”

Affection

He approached her and put his arms around her waist. “You looked right holding Cassia.” He said quietly into her ear. Adalia squirmed slightly. “I know it’s probably still fresh, but it was nearly 12 months ago we lost our baby, maybe its time to …..you know?” He went on.

Adalia turned to him. “We have been, for 10 months now…..” She confessed, “I didn’t want you to know, but maybe I’m not supposed to be a mother.” She sighed deeply and sadly.

It surprised him, but didn’t faze him. “I’ll have to double my efforts.” He said good humouredly.

Intimacy

He nuzzled into her neck, her weak spot. “Don’t” she protested. “There are children here.” And the truth was she had almost lost hope.

Kyp looked around before taking her hand and dragging her out of the room. “Addie, I felt that and no, I will not give up on this, or you.”

She looked down. “What if we aren’t supposed to have children?” She looked back. “What if I can’t have a baby?”

Kyp pulled her close. “Look out there Ads, there are lots of children who need love.” Tears burned and she kissed him, those words were perfect.

Prime Time Coverage 500+ of action, adventure, excitement of couple.

17 years after they met.

“Target acquired.” Kyp muttered as he looked down the barrel of the weapon. The ‘target’ hid behind some long grass beside the lake, moving in a stealth like motion. “You’re good, but not good enough.” He moved along low, keeping his target in sight. He felt it, someone was on his six, and he lowered to ground and turned back to look. He could see nothing, no one, but through his Force connection, he knew he was there. “I can feel you; you can’t win.” He threatened.

“Says you. Who said I was trying too?” the young voice responded.

Kyp smiled. “Getting a little cocky there.”

“I learned from the best.” The voice responded.

Kyp raised his weapon and aimed to where the voice was coming from, his time was up. At that moment a jet of cold ice water struck the side of his head.

“I Got you Daddy!!” Five-year-old Nicolina giggled as her older brother Jesse emerged from the nearby long grass the surrounded the lake out the front of their home.

Dropping his over-sized water pistol, he attempted to defend himself from his giggling daughter. “I surrender!!” he cried dramatically holding his hands up to block the water.

Jesse walked up aiming his own weapon and firing at his father’s chest. “We win, you lose dad!”

Kyp laughed. “Alright you win!” the pair stopped firing and began to laugh.

“What’s going on here?” Adalia asked as she approached the group stopping to put her hands on her hips.

“Mummy!!!” Nicci ran to her and grabbed her leg. “We just beat daddy! We’re better!”

Adalia looked down at the red hair girl with the big green eyes. “Is that so?” She looked to her husband who was now standing with his water blaster hanging loosely in his hand.

“Sure is Mum, he didn’t stand a chance.” Jesse grinned as he wiped back a long black strand of hair that had fallen into his face, his own rich green eyes sparkling.

Kyp shrugged. “I let them win.” He muttered.

“Did not.” Jesse quipped, “We got you!”

“Oh, I think your kids are getting smarter, I think you’ve lost you edge.” Adalia said as she looked to both her children, even at 7 years of age, Jesse strongly resembled his father. Without warning she was fired upon and her eyes shot to her husband, who’d cocked his head to the side with smirk and was now unloading the contents of his weapon into her stomach. Her eyes narrowed. “Nicci, can Mummy borrow your blaster?”

Nicci duly giggled and handed it over.

“Thank you darling.” The woman said calmly without averting her gaze. “Now stand aside.”

Jesse began to giggle and gestured for his sister to join him. “Over his Sis, this could get messy.”

Kyp lowered his weapon, “What you gonna do about it?”

Adalia raised her waterblaster. “Start Running Jediboy, your time is up.”

He chuckled. “Bring it.”

=========================

Got one more challenge.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely, scrumptious moods of tenderness, warmth, snark, and playfulness. [face_love]

Kahara and Adalia-Durron like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  4. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    These were so sweet!

"Coming Home" - HORSES! [face_love] I adore anything to do with horses and riding. And I also have a weakness for scenic spots and reunions so this was just lovely all around.

The 4x100 relay - I love how you wove all the prompts together and made a beautiful, touching story out of them.

Prime Time Coverage - Awww! Happy moments with happy families are another thing I adore. The kids are so cute, and clearly they've learned a lot from their parents! :D Such a fun, happy fic.

Great job on these! =D=

5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Great, sweet stories. Nice to see Adalia and Kyp just being happy together, outside of battle or other things that keep them appart/cause tension amongst them. :)

The kids are very cute, boy being called Jesse of course reminds me of another and makes me a bit worried about the previous one.[face_nail_biting]

Great work. =D=

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I called the Equines in my fictions......but yeah, I used to ride in my younger days and I love them. Thunder is the stallion and Lightening the mare as 'someone' didn't know how to ride when they met so go the 'gentler' animal. The kids share the offspring from these two, a Dapple grey mare. Thank you for reading, I do appreciate it so much. I normally write them in angst and drama, it was fun to write them in a different way.

You have every right to be concerned..... ;)

Anedon and Kahara like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great stories. The one with the equines, adorable.
    She caring for children and the fun she and Kyp are having with their kids.
    Great work

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you. As a mother, writing about kids is easy.....although those ages were a lifetime ago it feels like as mine are adults now. ;)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Kahara like this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    1500 Word Dash: A 1500 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with any theme.
    Wonderful Guest appearance of Adam Lyons (@adaml83) <3

So, before you go....

Colonel Adalia Tehanis leaned against the door frame of her office on board the Space Station Oracle. The base was there to defend the middle rim and inner rim as well as to scout for Smugglers and the like. The former threat had been nil of late, the Yuuzhan Vong war ended only 6 or so standard months ago and now all her and her team had to deal with was smugglers, and they’d had their fair share of them.

“Who is it?” a male voice asked as he approached.

Adalia turned to face him, she Commanded the base but her counterpart, Colonel Adam Lyons was asking. She narrowed her emerald green eyes slightly. “Jedi.” She muttered. “I can feel him.”

Adam glanced out as the landing X Wing. “Means he can feel you too.” He said stating the obvious.

She nodded. “Coms didn’t say why he’s here.” She turned to Adam. “Checking up on us?”

Adam chuckled. “Hardly, we’re doing a great job out there.” He glanced to see the cockpit opening. “Best go see who this is and what they want.”

Adalia unfolded her arms and pushed off. “And then ask him to leave.”

“Play nice Addie, for all of our sakes.”

================================================================================================================================

She let Adam take the lead, something felt off, she didn’t know what or how or even why, it just did.

Adam stepped forward, the man had longer dark hair with his back to them both and turned as Adam spoke. “Colonel Lyons, at your service.”

He turned appraising Adam with keen green eyes before he spoke in a deeper voice. “Jedi Master Durron.” He announced.

Adalia wanted to snort and walk away, arrogance, that’s what she was feeling from him and in a subconscious defensive move she folded her arms again. She didn’t like him.

“To what do we owe the pleasure?” Adam asked with his best warm smile.

The Jedi’s eyes moved to the auburn-haired woman behind Adam then back. “Seems your counterpart isn’t as welcoming.”

Adalia rolled her eyes. “Colonel Tehanis, Base Commander and Wild Knightz Lead, and I’m asking the same question Colonel Lyons here is. Why are you here?”

She didn’t like him, at least it felt that way. He turned back to Adam. “Just completed a mission in the outer rim and General Antillies said I could spend some down time here before I have to return to confirm they are progressing.”

Adam frowned. “Sorry, the General may have neglected to tell us that.” He glanced back at Adalia. “Ignore her, she got up on the wrong side of the bed. In fact, she does that a lot.” He tormented and winked.

Kyp Durron could not help himself, he smirked as the woman gave an annoyed snort before spinning on her heels and walking away. “She’s in Command?” He asked Adam, “Does everyone get that kind of warm greeting?”

Adam sighed. “She’s not that bad actually, she’s just having a bad day I guess.” He wasn’t going to tell him about her Force sensitivity, she’d made it very clear she never wanted to be a Jedi. “Let me show you to our guest quarters, and get your ship overhauled. You’re welcome to stay as long as you like.”

“I’ll just avoid that green-eyed claw cat if you don’t mind.”

==================================================================================================================================

He’d been there nearly two weeks and had pretty much figured out how the base ran, it was like clockwork and the reason why was obvious. Colonel Tehanis, or Adalia as he’d learned was not only an exceptional Leader but she led by example, often up to her elbows in the workings of ships and seen cleaning up after meals even. She was a hard worker and often seemed to leave little time for herself spending till late in her office doing her work as well as others. Adam was right, she wasn’t that bad, in fact he found her rather intriguing and more than a little attractive. Adam had been more than accommodating and the pilots were all cautious but friendly enough. It was her and her alone. Why she disliked him was a mystery, but he had a theory and armed with it he stood in front of her office door and knocked.

The reports were mind numbing, especially when there was nothing to report, she had to make them sound interesting or those forced to read them would die of boredom. She’d spent the last two weeks making sure she was busy in a conscious endeavour to avoid him, making sure she was unavailable or just too busy at all times. So when someone knocked on the door she looked up and instantly ‘felt’ who was there. “No...” She breathed, “Go away.” Another knock. ‘Kriff it’ she thought, ‘Of course he knows I’m here.’ Sucking in a deep calming breath she spoke in a cold tone. “Come!”

Opening the door, he entered. “Colonel, may I have a word?” he asked.

‘Why? ’Her mind screamed. “Of course. What can I do for you?” She asked coolly attempting to control her voice.

He turned and closed the door as he felt a wave of almost panic wash from her and he turned to frown at her. “Are you ok?” he asked, “I just felt this was a private conversation.”

‘Not alone!’ her mind told her. “No, I’m fine. What do you require?” She asked as she gathered up her data pads and attempted to look busy while averted her eyes.

Kyp frowned, her emotions were all over the place, fear, confusion, nervous and there was something else she burying. “I’ll be moving out tomorrow to complete my mission, and I wanted to clarify something if I could please?”

She swallowed and clasped her hands together before her, ‘He was leaving? Was that good or bad?’ “If I can clarify I will.”

“Why don’t you like me?” It was a simple question and a loaded one. “Oh, and be honest, I can handle the truth.” He shrugged, “I’m a big boy.”

Adalia almost gulped as her mouth fell open for a moment. “Blunt.” She muttered before standing, feeling a little threatened in her seated position. “I don’t know.” She answered. Two weeks ago, it had been an honest answer, two weeks ago she didn’t know what the odd feeling she had was, two weeks ago before he’d landed on her base, she was fine. Now, things were different. She’d found herself noticing, seeing, watching for two weeks. Adalia had spent her career making sure that distractions were avoided at all costs. Having her heart broken at 22 had made it easy for her, losing the first man she’d ever cared about in a training mission had sealed her fate. She would be a career woman; she would concentrate on that and not be distracted by frivolous things such as relationships. They were confusing, messy and often painful, things she didn’t need or want.

That was not the answer he’d expected. “You don’t know?” He was confused now. “Is it Carida?” he asked, knowing it was the issue most people who instantly disliked him had.

“No.” she said too fast. She shook her head. “I am sorry, it was just …..a feeling.” Was she giving too much away?

She was hiding something, something erratic and deep and it was clear it was causing her stress. He didn’t want to do that to her, he’d managed to come to admire her work ethic, her Commanding skills and most of all her ability to look alluring whether it be in coveralls, flightsuit or full uniform. He needed to know why she’d reacted so badly to him for one major reason, he’d found himself attracted to her. He looked down. “I’m sorry. For making you feel that and for making the last couple of weeks uncomfortable for you. I’ll find somewhere else to stop on my return journey.” It was clear his attraction was one sided.

‘It’s a bad thing!’ She knew that now, but what could she do? She’d spent two weeks pretending, two weeks faking work to avoid him, and two weeks wasting time she realised. “If that’s what you wish.” She said not meaning a single word that was coming out of her mouth.

Lying. That’s what he was getting now, she was lying about something but he wasn’t prepared to push that. “Anyway, thank you for your hospitality.” Kyp didn’t want to leave, he didn’t want to walk away, but with nothing coming from her he felt he had no choice. Turning he started for the door.

Panic, it was taking over. Could she be about to watch her one chance leave? She’d been fighting feelings for weeks and the cause was about to walk away. No, it wasn’t. Leaping around her desk she skidded to a halt in front of him, her hand out stretched to touch his chest. “Don’t go.”

He’d not seen this coming. “Why?” he asked quietly wondering if he’d been wrong. She was about to do something reckless, dangerous. He was ready.

She didn’t know what to say, know the right words and suddenly decided to throw caution out the airlock. Stepping forward she placed her other hand beside the first and kissed him.

Not for this, he wasn’t prepared at all for this, but he had no intention of stopping it.

She stepped back staring in shock at her own actions, hoping his reaction would not be bad.

Kyp gently bit his bottom lip and raised an eyebrow. “I’ll be back in a week; I think we have a few things to talk about.”

================

10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Nice look at the start of their relationship, to see where it all started.
    These two have come quite a long way since then haven't they?

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    She needed to open her heart, it'd been shut down for 15 years. It took time and as you know, didn't commit for 10 years. ;)

Thank you for reading.

Kahara and Anedon like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! [face_love] Oh I've MISSED MISSED KYP FIC! So much. Thanks for bringing it back. [face_laugh] [face_love]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great new piece looking into their relationship

14. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Really varied and interesting set of stories for one relationship! :) It's nice to "meet" Adalia, who I think has been mentioned but not really seen in some of your more recent coauthored fics. She and Kyp have definitely been through a lot together by the time of the later stories. The series on the types of love was really bittersweet but also full of the caring that they both have for each other. [face_love] And I loved that the action/adventure section was a water fight with the kids! :D This latest one was really interesting as a look into the very early days of their relationship. Adalia has a lot on her mind, and it seems like that will definitely make things complicated for a while. (Well, Kyp has his own way of making things complicated as well, I'm sure. :p )

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    They are very complicated, and when they fight it's 'Clear the Sector!' level, and they do fight. Around 18 years after they meet, they separate and her reaction is felt off world!! Their relationship is a very physical one ultimately, and they connect on a very deep level that few understand. I thank you for you analysis! I love it and it means so much to me. I have over 25 years of Adalia's history, she is part of a bigger tapestry. ;) Thank you [face_love]

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

He didn’t want to fight for them, not even tried, he walked away leaving her forever and there was nothing she could do this time; she was dying inside and her legs were unable to hold her anymore, she duly fell to her knees before letting out a scream of agony.

Kahara likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Exquisite capture of the intense emotions in a single sentence!! =D=

18. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Very powerfull, intense sentence. :)

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you both, its not as easy as it looks so I appreciate your words.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    AU Archery: A story of at least 100 words set in an alternate universe with your character, family, friendship, or couple.

“Ok, where does that ship come from?” Adalia asked in dismay, having never seen a ship like this before. Slipping into the Crystal Dawn co-pilots seat Kyp gave is head a shake. “Me either.” The comm was crackling. “But I think they are trying to contact us, weapons primed?” “Always.” She said leaning forward and flicking a few switches. “But it’s much bigger than us.” “Doesn’t mean we won’t put up a fight.” He said threateningly. She smirked at him. The comm opened. “Unidentified Craft, this is Captain Picard of the Federation Starship Enterprise, please respond.” “What the…?” they both asked.

21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    That´s a funny idea, especially all the dimension hopping they´ve done on ST over the years.

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    200 Freestyle: A 200 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with a free choice of any theme.

“I don’t like it.” Jake Murphy said tossing his jacket to his bunk.

“Don’t like what?” Rooty Aran asked as he polished his blaster.

“The way that Jedi is sneaking about the base spying.”

Jake sat down on his bed opposite his roommate Rooty who looked up. “He’s spying?” He asked.

“Yeah, and not on the Wild Knightz or the base, on her.” Jake said, feeling frustrated. “And nothing we can do, Adam’s told us to back off.”

Rooty frowned. “You’re XO, its your job to have her back, why you listening to another Lead?”

Jake sat back. “Cause Adam says he’s not spying, he’s watching……apparently there’s a difference.”

Rooty put his weapon back into his holster. “Watching?” he asked.

Jake smirked in a sarcastic way. “Seems he’s almost stalking her.”

Rooty’s eyes widened. “He’s interested in her?” he asked, “Has no one told him she don’t do men or partners or anything like that?”

Jake shrugged. “Guess not.”

Rooty began to chuckle. “Well, I have to be honest. If anyone was going to take her on, would have to be a kriffin Jedi.”

Jake grinned. “You have a point, wanna be there when she finds out!”

“We all do.”

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Au Archery! @Adalia-Durron YUMMY in my FANGIRL TUMMY as you put Picard and Kyp in the same scene! LOL

=D=
    [face_tee_hee] over Jake and Rooty's discussion about the difference between spying and watching and what the purpose of it is. Adamy seems to know that there is a personal reason behind it all. [face_mischief]

Adalia-Durron and Kahara like this.
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you, I know there are a few 'interpretations' of AU, but I went a few different ways...

Yeah, Adam (being a former Wraith) is VERY intuitive and sees and notices things most don't. ;)

I was going SG1 in my first idea, but it was too complicated for that amount of words!

25. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Funny scene of the two guys thinking about the situation. Has Marie actually joined the squad by that point?