main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Before - Legends Saga - Legends They met on Moniron Summer Olympics Challenge response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 1, 2020.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: They met on Moniron

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: Legends: Before the Saga,Saga and beyond
    Genre: A variety.
    Characters: Moniron characters
    Summary: A compilation of stories written for my Star Wars Pentathlon focusing on my OC’s. An index of entries is found below.
    One of the character is now writing his diary

Index:

110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family, or friendship aren’t mentioned.

100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, family, friendship or couple as the star.

400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character or couple with any theme.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family, or friendship aren’t mentioned.

“You were the mentor of his grandfather?”

“I was when I was a CorSec inspector. And he saved me during a mission to Centerpoint station. I followed his carreer after I moved to Moniron when the war started.”

“The one with the clones?”

“That one.”

“My dad was a pilot during those wars and I followed in his footsteps becoming a surgeon and an X-wing-pilot.”

“And that was when you started this diary?”

“That was after I was injured and was urged to start it and repair this X-Wing with my astromech helping me.”

“I see I…”

“Don’t mention his name. He will interrupt this.”

Trriiiiiffffiiiiiffffffffffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

“See you did it.”

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha! What a great introduction to your OCs, both to their backgrounds and personalities - and with the trick of using nothing but dialogue! That's a feat, especially in 110 words. I loved the precocious appearance by the astromech at the end of this, in the tradition of sassy droids we all know and love. :p [face_love]

I look forward to seeing where your collection goes from here! [face_dancing]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb as you did it only with dialogue :cool: And naturally astromechs have to be snarky, it's hardwired [face_rofl]

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I, too, applaud you for writing this all in dialogue. That's really not easy but you did a great job of it! Loved the last little bit with the astromech especially. Can't wait to read more! =D=

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    In dialogue, never considered that option! Very creative and great introduction. Surgeon and an X-wing-pilot - Talk about an over achiever!! LOL

7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Clever entry, the presentation as dialogue might be something I could use well for mine. ;)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    with more of these and the droid of course having its own
    sure is
    he will be back
    and a great equine-lover, you will see
    It was great to use as first post

100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

“We can go for a ride,” Jason Guyet put his diary in one of the pockets of his scrubs.

“That will have no Iffy interrupting us,” Steve Magaron had his diary stashed away in his uniform. “And Alanor likes Ersa.”

“I know,” Jason headed outside his treatment-room with Steve following him. He had been giving him an annual check-up required for police-officers. “The vet confirmed that Ersa is now expecting a foal in just two months.”

“An easy ride on the beach and some swimming, that’s my idea.” Steve was unable to close the door. “Hey.”

“Trrriiiffffiiii”

“Iffy stay there.”

Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

Iffy stayed in the treatment-room and would wait for Jason to return preferably for a ride in the X-wing.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great as they have a nice ride and swim

10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    A ride to the beach and a swim could really use that as well these days. :)

11. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh that would be heaven. [face_love] I'm sure a ride in an X-wing would be fun too! :D

Nice job on these.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and they are relaxing after that on the beach
    not yesterday with a force 8 here on the beach but they are
    thank you again and here is the next piece inspired by yesterday's sunset

Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, family, friendship or couple as the star.

The sun was setting and bathing the beach and sea in a golden orange light, highlighting the waves with their white crests breaking on the beach. A white stallion was frolicking in the white froth with a brown mare showing a bulge. She was expecting his foal. Their masters were in the soft sand relaxing after a swim. Clothes were spread out and drying. And one of the men was reaching for his clothes.

‘I have to see if my diary has survived the swim.’ With a smile on his face he pulled the diary from his scrubs. It had. And leafing through it and listening to some of the recordings he remembered something from his days as a member of Blade squadron.

- - -

“Hungry Sean?” Jason Guyet was tossing and turning on his lounge chair hearing the noises coming from the other lounge chair. He was watching a holopic but a loudly rumbling stomach – stomachs when you counted Sean’s too – had him quite distracted.

“Uh yes and it’s well past evening meal,” Sean Crico replied “I won’t be able to follow the holopic with this” and he gave another loud burp.

“We can go to the galley area where I can make some vegetable stew,” Jason sat up and swung his legs down feet fishing for his clogs until he found them with a smile appearing on his face. No one had made any comments about those medical clogs after he had shown the easy use.

“Yup but follow me,” Sean had his slippers and would lead the unsuspecting rookie towards something he couldn’t resist. “You don’t have to work first. I know a galley that’s always stocked to the brim with delicacies.”

Jason nodded and followed Sean.

“The Talon pantry,” Sean saw the – to him well known – sign and indicated it. “Their source of food.”

“Talons, never heard of them but they sure won’t mind if we get some of their delicacies,” Jason smiled when he opened the first cupboard to reveal a large pan with vegetarian food. He placed that on the counter and began searching for a bowl.

“Beans,” Sean smirked “they are Nerf food.”

“Not at all,” Jason was sampling a bean and sniffling at the odorous but not unpleasant smell coming from the mixed beans and sausages that were definitely vegetarian he ladled a bowl full of the beans and sausages and took a spoon. A sausage was first and a delighted smile passed his face. ‘Bean-sausages indeed, just like Mick used to make.’

Sean was opening cupboards and fridges until he found something palatable and joined Jason. “This is nice,” Sean placed his bowl next to Jason and began to dig into the green murky liquid.

“Yuck,” Jason swallowed a mouthful of beans when the smell wafted up his nose. And he remembered a disaster from his rescue squad days. A small kitchen fire – discovered timely – had resulted in only burned meat, smoke in the house and pets to get outside. Even now he couldn’t pronounce the name of those pets correctly. It was something with budge inside and it had feathers. “That’s Nerf soup with greasy floating ice and little black burned chunks.”

“Love it,” Sean guided a spoon full with the green and white stuff to his mouth.

The holopic already history Jason had retired to his bunk falling asleep like a log but only for a few hours.

Cramps had him waking up. Violent cramps at that.

Pwiiit. Even Iffy noticed his master tossing and turning in his bed.

“Owww,” Jason groaned and swung his legs down not bothering to get his clogs. He hurried to the fresher, noted that Iffy was following him, saw a rather green face with teary eyes looking back at him through the mirror before that face disappeared. And he vomited the beans and sausages – some parts even recognisable as beans and sausages – in the sink, retching more until he could quieten down his stomach a bit using what he had learned from Tarko Sanek. ‘Use the Force Jason, you can do it. Don’t let an upset stomach interfere with your work.’ “And now some research. There were more mixed beans in that galley.” He took the clearplast bag out of the waste container and scooped some of the vomit in it. And signalling his astromech Iffy to give him one of the anti nausea pills Jason did search for his clogs and after getting them he headed to the medbay with Iffy. The droid had – besides being his trusted astromech in his X-wing – enough experience to help at the lab-work.

The 2-1B gave a curt nod and Jason headed – like he had done days before when he had that emergency with the ruptured appendix – to the place where he had seen the analyzing equipment on the lab table on the wall and put some of the collected vomit sample on the tray.

When he saw the results and the recorded pics from Iffy – showing his green complexion contrasting only a little bit with his blue shirt showing sweat stains and the vomit – he ran to a com-unit. “It was the Talon pantry and the Talon CO should know this immediately.” And he saw a clearplast wrapped surgical gown and donned that after throwing his shirt in a laundry bin.

Jason had the remains of his beans and bean-sausages in the tray and waited. Colour had returned to his face but not all and eyes were watery. He was eyeing the monitor and had the recipe for whoever would have the misfortune to ingest the beans displayed next to the results of his tests. Soft but hurried footsteps were heard by him and he turned.

“Kevin Ski”

“Jason Guyet,” the Blade squadron pilot lowered his eyes and shook hands. “Uh I was uh hungry and found this in the Talon pantry and it didn’t agree with me at all. I have analysed the stuff and am sure that some fossilized beans were used by who ever made the bean-sausages and mixed beans.”

“The master sergeant,” Kevin smirked. “He is always trying to ahum make life interesting. Thanks for showing me and what did you take to recover?”

“Iffy give me one of Mick Kerebuy’s hyperdrive fuel pills,” Jason indicated the monitor and turned to his astromech.

“Iffy?”

“Yes that’s Iffy named by his former master because he commented on all things with many iffs.” Jason – gaining confidence from the friendly man – dropped a pill in the outstretched hand.

“Quite normal looking,” Kevin eyed the white pill.

“Until you taste them and when they reach your stomach it’s no more nausea or gastrointestinal activity for days, requiring this.” Jason produced another vial from a compartment from the astromech “and one of those” and he indicated a large plastform syringe and beaker. “The liquid has to be mixed…”

“Medic, I don’t need all the details,” Kevin was in a bit of a hurry. He had a briefing to attend and wanted to make sure that none of his squadron members had ingested the Bullwinkle concoction. “You have done well.”

Jason saw the man running towards the door. “Come Iffy. I have to write something in my diary.”

- - -

‘That was entry 12 in my diary,’ Jason put the diary away in his scrubs and turned with a big smile on his face to Steve who was already dressed in his uniform. “Did your diary survive the water?”

“Sure and what’s that smile?”

“Reading and remembering entry 12 from my diary,” Jason replied. “The event played vividly for my eyes again. And what’s your entry 12?”

Steve opened his diary and and began to laugh “it had to do with Corellian beds. Corellians are short and have the usual short beds. And once I had to sleep in a bed designed for a Hutt. It was clean with no slime from the Hutt and…”

A soft snort had both men looking up. The two husans had joined them.

“Talking about beds,” Steve continued “Alanor and Ersa call it a day. Let’s head back. They are hungry and we too.” And he grabbed the long manes of Alanor and jumped on his back.

Jason mounted Ersa the same way and whispered “home.”

The command was enough and the husans cantered away whipping up sand and leaving the beach and sea now bathed in the red sunset.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great setting and reminiscing

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and the fifth part ending the story

400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character or couple with any theme.

Alanor and Ersa were back in the stable munching on hay.

Quite near them were Steve and Jason sitting in the hay and enjoying the porridge given to them by Aidan Keranan, the owner of the stable.

“Corellia,” Jason put his bowl down. “I have been there as an instructor for X-wing pilots, you have been there as a CorSec inspector. It was a nice planet until the Yuuzhan Vong began to reshape it. But that was years ago.”

“So much has happened,” Steve had finished his porridge. “In two days I will be celebrating my 491th birthday. You know what happened more than 4 years ago.”

“I do,” Jason began to smile. “We were all busy with Magaron-sitting.”

“And Kerebuy-sitting,” Steve added. “He and Peter Sloan had Jono and me going to that darrin valley to meet with a sithly woman and her sniper companion. They escaped with the darweed and can be creating havoc among Force-sensitives.”

“If they meet Cade Skywalker,” Jason mused. “After your mishap I have sent a message to Shedu Maad.”

“Rostek or his son Neeja Horn will surely have taken action,” Steve reached for his diary and started to read remembering his stay on Corellia so many years ago.

‘How a Halcyon became a Horn; Rostek Horn was my student and Neeja Halcyon was Rostek’s friend. They were both in love with Scerra Lanar. And both saved me after I was injured on Centerpoint station on an investigation to find the missing holocron after Dorsetti – the owner – was killed. Now I know that her murderer has been Darth Sidious. I recovered and became with Rostek the witnesses for Neeja and Scerra. They got a son Valin. Those dratted clone wars happened. Neeja was killed. Rostek married Scerra and Valin became Valin Horn. I went back to Moniron before Sidious rose to power and got messages from the Horns. One of those was about the Jedi leaving Shedu Maad and they must have taken the holocron.’ “The Dorsetti holocron,” Steve – blinking back tears – grumbled.”

“It could have given unlimited power to Jedi or Sith,” Jason continued. “It is now safe thanks to Tarkan Er-Veridan finding it on Coruscant and taking it to Moniron. It’s late Steve.”

“Maranella and Lanika will be waiting for us,” Steve stood up and stashed his diary back in his uniform and patted Alanor on his crest.

“Tomorrow another ride?”

“Yes.”

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Wonderful connections, well done. And ....
    [​IMG]

17. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    These were lovely and amazing way of threading the stories together. I'd forgotten about Talon squadron. I loved that so much.

18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Clever way to wrap up. And always staying focused on the positive. =D=

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  19. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I'm possibly with the only SW fan who was introduced to Neeja Helcyon a good deal before I ever read about Corran Horn. ;)
    Nice to see that line is still doing well. :)

20. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    The use of strictly dialogue in your 110 Word Hurdle; brilliant!=D=
    A nice ride on the beach and some swimming sounds a-mazing right about now! :)
    You created a beautiful setting with the sun and the horses frolicking. I think that first bit was my favorite. Brought such wonderful images to mind. =D= Very nice way you ended the story, wrapping everything up nicely. =D=

earlybird-obi-wan and Kahara like this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Your horses? Arabians?
    The Talons were my favorite
    And thank you all for the nice words.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.