main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destined in All Ways & Times. L/M (Fanfic Olympics)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 1, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks to the amazing and inventive @devilinthedetails for this fascinating challenge!!

This is my AU archery of at least 100 words focusing on Luke and Mara.

Explanatory Note: This is an AU where they meet at the Imperial Academy. :cool:

~

Luke was glad that he had finally been able to leave Tatooine and go to the Imperial Academy. It had taken a lot of cajoling but when his Aunt and Uncle had been able to hire the sons of a local family to help out, he had been free to leave.

The flying was all he had ever imagined. It was exhilarating. He impressed all his instructors with how quickly he mastered the ins and outs of the various starfighters, especially the more advanced Interceptors.

One of his fellow pilots, Mara Jade, was as good as he was. She was feisty and they often competed against one another in simulators. They were so evenly matched that she won as often as Luke.

She was by far and away the most gorgeous woman he had ever met, Luke decided. Her red-gold hair contrasted exquisitely with eyes of a rich emerald.

He didn't know if she was attracted to him in return, but he was willing to deepen their camaraderie before working up the nerve to ask her for dinner and a vid when the pilots were off-duty.

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Very creative with this AU, and yet it is totally believable that if things had gone a little differently, perhaps Luke and Mara would've met and fallen in love at the Imperial Academy. Great start to your Olympic Games!=D=

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! I just loved this. [face_love] Like @devilinthedetails said, this is totally believable if things had gone just a little nit differently. I especially adore how, all the while, Luke is still just so earnest and sincere! Of course he's drawn to Mara's feistiness and beauty, and they compliment each other here just as they do in any universe. [face_love] (I love the idea of this going further, too - with them both eventually becoming dissatisfied with the Empire and finding their way to the Rebellion together. Ooooh, but there's a nice long story in there somewhere that's waiting to be told. [face_mischief] [face_batting])

This is off to an excellent start, and I can't wait for more! [face_dancing] :D

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great AU way to get them together and what will happen next?

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Love this AU! As @devilinthedetails and @Mira_Jade said, it's completely believable that things could have happened this way. And the L/M goodness is still the same! [face_love] Great start!

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Arh, a new take on the entire story.......nicely done! He noticed her young!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    That is an intresting idea, always wondered what had happened if Luke had actually gone to the imperial academy instead of getting involved with the rebellion. [face_thinking]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL This is the 110 Hurdle where 2 characters talk about the couple but don't mention names; Lando and Han talk about Luke and Mara.
    [face_mischief]
    ~
    "He was downright curt when I commed him the other day; not like him at all. Is something bugging him?"

"I'm not sure. I only know that she left abruptly a few months back, and ever since then, he's not been his usual cheery self. Even his sister noticed. And now, I see she's taken an interest in you, which I never would've believed."

"Hey, when you've got it you've got it. Still, it's unfortunately more one-sided. If I didn't know better, I'd say she was interested more in him, and that's why she hightailed it."

"It looks like being the last one to know runs in the family."

"Ha-ha! You said it pal, I didn't!"

Jâd Sphera, Kit' , Da'niel and 5 others like this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They are great in their discussion. Skywalkers are that way.

10. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Funny discussion, defenetly something that could happen between these two.

11. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] Great conversation, I could hear them saying it all! :D

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Event: Fantastical Fencing: A story of at least a 100 words involving your character, family, friendship or couple in which something fantastic happens.

~

Luke and Mara had just returned from Borleias and the Corellian Sector. Mara felt "off," physically and mentally. Her brain felt as if it were in a fog, and her stomach became queasy at the slightest nibble of a meal. Her stamina while sparring was less than it had ever been.

She went to the nearest med-center for a check-up at Luke's insistence.

Mara was astounded because they had never specifically spoken about the actual timing of when to expand their family; she was discomfited at the thought of being a mom, but she was sure Luke would make a terrific dad; (he was an enthusiastic, loving Uncle).

Once she got used to the idea, Mara found she was eager to embrace the new experience, and Luke's reaction was all she could have wished when she told him.

When Mara got the results, she told Luke they were going to get a welcome "package," in about 9 months. Luke's joy lit up his eyes, and blazed across their bond.

Jâd Sphera, brodiew, Kit' and 4 others like this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    that sure is fantastic, becoming parents

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    AU Archery: Very awesome AU. =D= It seems no matter the circumstances, Luke and Mara will find each other. :)
    110 Hurdle: LOL at their discussion![face_laugh] Could definitely hear their voice as I read.
    Fantastical Fencing: Most fantastic thing ever; becoming parents! :)

Great entries!=D=

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.
    Setting: A candlelit dinner.

Luke was so happy that Mara was settling in at the Praxeum as an instructor in infiltration/undercover as well as lightsaber skills. Her commendation of the apprentices as well as her brisk instructional style was just what was needed for quick mastery and student motivation.

He decided to treat her to a candlelit dinner followed by a stroll to a nearby waterfall afterwards.

He made sure to include all her favorites: the spiced casserole with lots of grilled vegetables and a dessert of a puff pastry filled with chocolate cream custard.

They relaxed beside the cascade of waters, which had a misted rainbow like a bridge along the top.

He told her that he was so happy that she was settling in, that she didn't seem restive or pensive.

She replied that looking back was not her inclination. She kept moving forward.

"My life and future are here, with you." Mara said in her usual no-nonsense fashion.

Luke grinned.
    Such a definite declaration made his heart soar. He had no words to express his love, so he just settled for kissing her deeply.

16. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Fantastical Fencing: How did I miss that one? [face_blush] Love their reactions to becoming parents!

Awww! Just lovely. [face_love]

400 Word Cross Country: Oh so sweet and beautiful! Luke wanting to do something special for Mara, the setting, the food...perfect!

[face_love]

Wonderful as always! =D=

17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    She knows where, and with whom she belongs! :D Perfect.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, friendship, family or couple as the star.
    Setting: Mara and Luke have "visions of the future".

Luke was relaxing after a round of sims with the Rogues. He held a cup of steaming hot chocolate and took long sips of the foamy sweet beverage.

He followed that up with a sonic shower and then turned in for the night.

He dreamed of sparring with a lovely redhaired lady with vibrant green eyes, being chased down backways of an unknown world with her at his side.

When he awoke the next morning, he strangely could not get her out of his mind. Her sparkling eyes preoccupied him most distractingly.

Most strange, indeed. If he had encountered such a gorgeous lady, he certainly would remember, and if he hadn't, he fervently hoped he would someday.

***~
    Meanwhile, though not necessarily simultaneously, Mara was carrying out orders for an independent trader she had recently been hired by to handle cargo exchanges.

If she proved her worth, she'd be promoted to assigning the other employees to do all the scurrying about.

It was during one of those runs, while the swirls of hyperspace rushed by outside her ship's viewport, that her mind drifted.

She wasn't exactly dozing, but not completely awake, either. She had a sudden vision of a rooftop balcony and a pair of earnest sky-blue eyes gazing into hers as the sun sank behind tall buildings to the west. She thought she could even hear an echo of his voice, warm and full of encouragement.

Mara scowled. She wasn't one for idle romantic daydreams, not now, not ever. So what could be the explanation?

~~~

After Luke and Mara "discovered" their true feelings for one another, they recalled these passing "fancies" long before they met.

"Interesting, you'd almost think we were meant to be together even before we met." Luke said.

Mara laughed. "You're being ridiculous." But she didn't deny it, and he kissed her.

20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I love that they were dreaming of each other before they met. :D Meant to be, indeed!=D=

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    always meant to be together

22. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    AU Archery: Excellent post, Nyota. I like the idea of Luke and Mara meeting at the Academy. I like they are equally matched and that Luke is going to take his time before going in for the kill.

110 Hurdle: I guess both Luke and Mara are not so good at hiding their feeling for each other even if they are hiding them from each other. Great side conversation.

Fantastical fencing: I really enjoyed this one, Nyota. Mara's unexpected bundle of joys lead her through various emotions before landing on acceptance and joy. Well done!

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you guys for the great reviews & @devilinthedetails for this fascinating and inspiring challenge! [face_love]

brodiew and devilinthedetails like this.
  24. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    AU Archery - Oh! Such a wonderful, plausible setting! Of course, this is exactly how it would have gone if Luke and Mara had met at the Imperial Academy. You have made my imagination soar! Great piece! Loved it! [face_love]

110 Hurdle - I can totally see Han and Lando having this conversation. You got their personalities pinned down perfectly here =D=

Fantastical fencing - I love how you portray Luke's happiness about becoming a father and how he always helps Mara get in touch with her own emotions and make them flourish. They're so good for each other [face_love]

400 Word Cross Country - Luke being so thoughtful and wonderful as always [face_love][face_love] He's every girls dream!

Prime Time Coverage - This whole idea of both having premonitions on each other is just dreamy!!! WOW! I can really see that happening and then clicking afterwards. So romantic! *sigh* [face_love]

Great pieces all of them. I enjoyed reading them very much.
    Congratulations on completing your pentathlon! [face_party]=D=[face_dancing]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Jâd Sphera -- thank you for reading and reviewing & participating. :) [:D]

Jâd Sphera likes this.