main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Fun & Melty Montage (Jim/Audrey, Fanfic Olympics)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 1, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: This is in response to the Fanfiction Olympics. :)

This features Jim Kirk/Audrey Pearce.

This is the 110 Word Hurdle where 2 characters speak about the couple in question without mentioning their names.
    ~~

"Well, did you think this would ever happen, Leo?"

"No, Nyota, never did."

They were in the rec lounge sharing a mound of stuffed potato skins and iced beverages.

"I guess he didn't know if she'd ever come back, or if she did, if her feelings would still be the same."

"Seems to show a lack of confidence or trust, you know?"

"Yes, I agree. But you could tell even when he started putting out feelers to other ladies, his heart literally wasn't in it, and when she came back, the spark was still there."

"She was understandably cautious," Nyota remarked, taking a second helping, "but he won her over, and now they're solid as a rock."

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Kahara likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, I always like outside looks at a relationship, and this one did not disappoint! As good friends of both Jim and Audrey, and thus wanting the best for each, they have a unique, candid point of view to share on the matter. But, in the end, they just want their friends' happiness and are glad that they've come so far! And it's always great to see Nyota and Leo's friendship, at that. [face_love]

This is off to a fantastic start, and I can't wait for more! :D [face_dancing] =D=

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great start to see him and her as being discussed by others

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Awww! Such a nice moment, both the fact that they are obviously together and happy and the friendly discussion about them. [face_love] Awesome start!

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This is the AU Archery of at least 100 words where your characters are in an alternate universe. :cool:
    ~*
    Jim Kirk had joined Starfleet Academy and had been slated to take the Commander Course Track leading to an eventual command of a starship. When his mother fell ill, requiring long-term treatment, he decided to take a longer route to the same goal. He took a position at a strategically located Starbase.

A couple years here would lead eventually to being assigned as executive officer to a frontline starship of the Fleet. With luck, and skill, this would lead to a rapid promotion and a Captaincy.

There was more bureaucracy to this job than he liked, and a lot of it had to do with finalizing staff hires.

As he looked across the perlwood desk at the Security Chief who had been sent to him for her second interview, he was immediately struck by her direct tawny-eyed gaze.

"Ms. Pearce," Jim said, "I have reviewed your application and your references. I believe you will fit in well here on Starbase 33. I have downloaded to your datapadd the manual for new employees."

"Thank you," Audrey replied, "I am eager to begin, but I hope you don't expect me to memorize a bunch of procedures?"

Jim grimaced. His own dislike of rigid regulations was well-known. "They're a guidepost, not a straitjacket, at least here under my command."

Audrey's eyes twinkled with relieved amusement. "I'm thankful to hear that sir!"

Jim gave her a genuine smile. "I'd like to personally give you a tour of the Base, Ms. Pearce and introduce you to the best places for unwinding after-shift?"

Audrey frowned. She had heard about the flirtatious commander, and she wasn't interested in mixing business with dubious pleasure, but not wanting to be impolite, she decided to accept.

Despite herself, Audrey found herself drawn to his lively warmth and sparkling hazel eyes by evening's end.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  6. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Good man! :p

And a sweet ending. Nice work! :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme--this one on risk taking.

Audrey strolled into Sickbay and met the sympathetic gaze of Nurse Christine Chapel. Audrey's concerned questioning look was allayed by Chris's reassuring smile.

"He's going to come through relatively unscathed. The other guys are much more banged up."

"I've lost count of how many times I've had to patch Jim back together," McCoy growled, his expression full of frustrated affection.

Audrey nodded. "I'm very grateful for your help in that regard, Doctor, let me tell you!"

"He's a very impatient patient, though," McCoy commented, and Audrey laughed.

"Doesn't stop him from jumping in and thinking later," she remarked.

"Yeah, I've noticed," McCoy replied.

Jim had been silently taking in this exchange between his friend and CMO and Audrey, his Security/Intelligence Chief and love interest.

"Hey, I don't call it taking risks," Jim said, "At least they're not uncalculated."

"They look rather impetuous from where I'm standing," Audrey said, and Jim smiled.

"You only say that because you care about me," he half-teased.

"Don't you forget it," she smiled and kissed him warmly.

**~~**

Audrey's job was to make sure the landing team didn't get caught in a deadly situation. She considered it a matter of professional and also personal significance that the team members came back safe and sound, or more or less so. There was always the unexpected situation.

Jim, she noted, seemed to be a trouble magnet in this regard. He was able, thankfully, to minimize the negative consequences or subvert them altogether.

It made serving with him the fartherst thing from dull.

***~

She was glad to find that he seemed to take her feelings into account after the above conversation. He didn't seem to rush in as headlong.

"I want to come back to you in more or less one piece." He told her.

"Thank you for listening."

"I always listen," he winked.

amidalachick and Mira_Jade like this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jim is always trouble but he has Audrey to give snarky comments

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.
    ~

Skylar was trying not to get his hopes up, but he wanted Jim and Audrey to adopt him. They were wonderfully fun-loving and affectionate. Audrey's warmth and Jim's lively sense of humor had broken down all his barriers.

Jim and Audrey took Skylar to the beach one weekend and they roasted marshmallows and hot dogs and drank fizzy drinks.

"We have something to tell you," Audrey began, her eyes sparkling. "We're officially going to be your Mom and Dad from now on. How does that sound?"

Skylar grinned. "It's great!"

They three indulged in a mutual hug.

Later, as Jim and Audrey prepared for bed, he told her with deepest tenderness: "You've made it possible for me to enjoy experiences I never would've imagined, like adopting Skylar."

"Yes, well," Audrey blushed happily, "That doesn't mean we cannot have our own biological younglings. That would also be a novel experience, for both of us."

Jim laughed and squeezed her, his eyes telling her he would not mind that in the slightest.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see Skylar being adopted

11. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    400 Word Cross-Country: Great work on this one!

No wonder Audrey is concerned! :p

And I love how he listens to her and considers her feelings about taking future risks.

100 Word Sprint: Awww! A sweet story! [face_love]

My kind of weekend. :D I can really feel the warmth and affection, too.

Great job on these, again! =D=

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Always love your Jim/Audrey stories. Full of fun, adventure:), love and affection. Well done. Love that they adopted Skylar. Can see how much they both care for the boy. =D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks amidalachick & Jenn This fanfic Olympics challenge has been a great way to write couple-centric short pieces :cool: and Jim/Audrey have plenty of fun, adventure, and love to go around. ;)

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, friendship, family or couple as the star.
    Setting: Mission involving dilithium mines

Audrey was in charge of making sure the landing team and the Intel they were provided meshed so that the team was safe and the mission objectives were achieved.

Her recommendations carried a lot of weight and when it came to renewing contracts for dilithium, a very touchy thing at the best of times, she insisted on 2 squads.

She double and triple checked the conference area for secret surveillance equipment and uncovered more than one "bug."

She informed Jim who indignantly said to his opposite number: "Guess we know who's above-board in these proceedings."

The other tried to act all innocent and surprised, but Jim wasn't buying it.

This made him push even harder for concrete terms of agreement and enforceable consequences for contract breach.

"You're an indispensable part of what made that come off successfully," he told Audrey. "You're the best Security/Intel chief we've ever had."

"Is that all?"

"Well, you're the sexiest one, too." he grinned.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Audrey saved the day

16. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Way to go, Audrey!