main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I do a lot of combos, simply because there are a lot of times where there just isn't enough to post if you're in the middle of a back and forth exchange with another player. Combos help keep clutter out of the thread and it sets my OCD at ease. It also makes games more accessible to players who have busy lives because they don't end up having to sift through multiple pages worth of back and forth interactions between players, as the posts are separated into scenes more than they are separated into a bunch of "my character does this. Tag.".

I will agree with the others though, and say that @Sinrebirth is very fun to do combos with because if your characters have a lot of world building behind them like mine do, he'll actually take the time to learn about that and work with. His games are also really fun to be in for the same reason.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I do like a good combo. I usually do 10 a week. It’s very therapeutic to get a good scene off and I like to think players enjoy reading them when they go up.

Reynar, we will do combos.

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Also, combos remind me of the time I wrote a novel with @Kahn_Iceay so that's more reason to love them.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

Also, this is the second time in like two weeks that Path of the Elements has been brought up, sooooo you should talk to your husband about rebooting it. [face_batting]

spacelady, Kurisan, Darth_Elu and 2 others like this.
  5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    You can definitely keep wishing for now. ;)

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I DO NOT!.......

ok, I do. [face_tee_hee][face_blush]

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Just gotta own your character!

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Own!?!? In your dreams........ join an RPG I'm in and let me get Adam to point at you............. ;) Join The Last Stand........ see how long you last.

DarthIshyZ and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Awesome game is launched... But my plate is full at the moment...

[​IMG]

10. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I am sure they will save you a place for when you are free ;)

11. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Last post yesterday at noon, and Hoopers almost at the bottom of the page. Forums seem to be popping these days. Has quarantine-life been a boon for our dear RPF?

Hope you all are doing well and staying safe. Crazy times out there!

-I_H

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @Imperial_Hammer !!!

Yay! Party time!!

To answer your question, I do think that the coronapocalypse-quarantine has allowed for a very REAL surge in activity and creativity here in the RPF! My feeling is we are all making the best of our circumstances. The community that writes together, stays together. Here's hoping to see you with a bit more frequency! You know you are always, always welcome here at home.

[face_peace]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  13. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    I must admit @greyjedi125 that I've been thinking more about this place. I've been reaching the bottom of the well for my go-to timewaster, video games. You can only play so many games of Minecraft, so many runs of Europa Universalis, and so many campaigns as Geralt/the Dragonborn/the Courier before it starts to grow a little stale. Same old beats, same old set ups, same old challenges. The past-time is straining under heavy use! May need to shake things up a bit.

14. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    *Sees Impy*

I_H !! Hope youve been well too!

Yea the RPF is a buzzing right now, but it feels long lasting. Because at the start of quarantine there was like a general hesitation and uneasiness and now it’s like a true resurgence!

Hope you can join us you ole gamer you!

15. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Well........... LOL!! I'm only playing Warframe on console these days, so I hear ya on that. I STRONGLY encourage you to join 'at least' ONE of the many wonderful games being currently offered in the RPF. Trust me, if I could, I would join them all. We definitely have some strong creative forces showcasing their talents this summer. Don't let that opportunity pass you by!! Just DO it!!

*nudge nudge*

:D

Darth_Elu and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Did someone say Minecraft??
    * Pushes my business card across the table *
    What do you think of the Nether update?

greyjedi125 likes this.
  17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
  18. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Actually already in one, @greyjedi125 . Sinrebirth's fantastic The Last Epitaph, where I give him plenty of headache waiting for my posts, haha.

That being said, I have been kicking around an idea for something to do. Not a game, but some community service projects.

With @Sinrebirth and @Corellian_Outrider's permission, I would love to (help) rehabilitate a couple of threads. There are a few that I think could use a new coat of paint. Their HTML got all mangled up in the move, some of the info is out of date, and I think that's just a shame! These include:

How to Make a New RPG
    Our Games and How to Play Them
    The RPF FAQ v1
    The RPF Community Center 3.0

Its not the sexiest of work, but I'd be happy to contribute to it! And with community engagement of course. Would probably set up a "Public Works" thread in the RPR to centralize discussion on it. There is a fair bit of updating that needs to be done in the advice related threads that would best be guided by more active players.

-I_H

19. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    You had me at RPR and sexy.

[​IMG]

20. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
  21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  22. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *merely smiles* Ah, the nostalgia that waltzed in. Come and stay awhile, @Imperial_Hammer, my old friend.

The RPF has been calling to you. ;)

darthbernael and TheAdmiral like this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    @Imperial_Hammer does your work have to be 'Sexy', I think not, welcome, unexpected and something there will be gratitude for.....yes. A big YES!! [:D][face_love]

24. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    @DarthIshyZ : The Nether update is welcome, but it does make the game considerably harder (which is not a bad thing). Hoglins are no fun until you have diamond+ armor.

@DarkLordoftheFins : Hey there friend-o. How's life over on the other side of the pond these days?

@Ktala : Glad to see you Ktala. I hear things are going well for you these days. So happy to see it!

@Darth_Elu : And of course, good ol' Elu. I see you're doing some GMing currently! Good for you! Creative idea as always. Love me a good class system.

@Adalia-Durron : Very kind of you to say so! Hows the WNU doing these days? Healthy inflow? I remember once upon a time I used to do some recruiting there for RPF players. Too many people write the WNU off - I think it has so much potential for good and for synergy!

-I_H

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its quiet right now, kinda disappointing. I expected an influx due to the Pandemic............got a few but not many at all. A good bunch of 'friendly' welcoming people there though, some awesome older and younger people!!