main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Saga - PT Before the Saga What's in a Game - Summer Olympics Challenge response! (OC - Family of Scoundrels)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit', Jul 1, 2020.

1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Welcome! Welcome to my challenge response for @devilinthedetails' amazing Fanfiction Summer Olympics!!!

I have chosen to take part in the Decathlon and use my Family of Scoundrels OC characters.

I know that for a lot of people (myself included) that jumping into someone's OC universe can be a little daunting. With that in mind I've listed some of the other fics that I've written in the same universe. I've also put in a list of the characters and a bit of backstory for each of them under the Spoilers tag below. Just a note, there will be actual spoilers in there, particularly for the upcoming Kit/Namia fic and also for Noonflower - so read at your own peril. I'll also update them as I go and add them to the start of the other Family of Scoundrel stories.

Family of Scoundrel Stories
    Spoonful of Trouble - Drabble Challenge
    Snips and Snails and Bantha's tails
    Sister Thief
    Noonflower

Characters in The Family of Scoundrel's Universe.

From the Jedi temple records:

Taeyn D'lavosh

Taeyn D'levosh was born on Lothal. He was apprenticed to Master Indoa at eleven. He was close friends with Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn and Namia Zahalin. He disappeared while on a mission with his Master. His Master was found in a cave but there was no sign of Padawan D'levosh and he is presumed dead.

Namia Zahalin

Namia Zahalin was left at the entrance of the HighWinds Temple. Namia showed talent in The Force and was accepted into the temple. Namia was apprenticed to Master Samukay at nine (9) years old and spent most of her early apprenticeship outside of the temple acting as a emissary for the Order with her Master. She returned to the temple aged 14. Namia passed her trials at 24 and took on Kithera Rinani as her padawan. Namia worked alongside other Masters to create the first exchange program with students outside of the temple. There were many rumours of Master Zahalin having illicit affairs both inside and outside of the temple. Master Zahalin died on a mission with her Padawan. The council records are sealed on this matter, however, there is a rumour that Zahalin asked Rinani to kill her and Rinani obliged.

Kithera Rinani -
    Kithera Rinani was born on Coruscant and given to the temple as a baby. She grew into a precocious and over-energetic child who didn't quite fit into the confines of the temple. Kithera was apprenticed to Master Namia Zahalin who died on a mission to find a force-sensitive child. The council records are sealed on this matter, however, there is a rumour that Zahalin asked Rinani to kill her and Rinani obliged. Rinani was, however, knighted after this mission at 22. Rinani also had a relationship with Master Qui-Gon Jinn (original USJS). Kithera fell pregnant and her relationship with Qui-Gon ended. Rinani found herself in trouble with the Council on many occasions and was frequently censured for behaviour unbecoming a knight. She left the temple when the Council gave her an ultimatum that she needed to hand over her child to the temple. She left the temple that day. The Temple has no records of her after this event.

Kirsh'of Aleski
    Kirsh'of was born on Alderaan. He was apprenticed to Master Fianor at a young age as a Healer. Aleski spent much of his youth off world doing mission work with his Master. Kirsh’of was part of the first exchange program. Kirsh'of was occasionally left at the Temple by his Master to continue his studies in a more formal fashion. During this time he was temporarily apprenticed to Jedi Master Healer Leona P'lila. Kirsh'of completed his trials at age 24. He was late to take a padawan at 31.

Heilan Coo

Heilan Coo was born on Iridonia. He was apprenticed to Master Aleski at 12. Heilan put up a strong argument that he did not want to join the Healing Corps but instead be placed in the Agricorps. Heilan eventually accepted Kirsh'of's offer to become an apprentice healer. Heilan shows a strong affinity for using The Force to communicate with plants, believed to be a rare variant of the Beast Master ability.

From the Galactic Law Enforcement Agency

Akari - Akari has hit several planetary systems. Description of them remains unclear. Victims have described them both as male and female. Along with having black hair or blonde hair. Fighting style has been described as both exotic and as a typical brawler. Reports of a scar on their arm. no-one else on the planet. All victims agree that they wore a scarlet cloak when committing the crime. Has committed crimes across several systems including theft from Eathom, Pondu, Tilly and Naboo. Items stolen range from jewels to medicine.

D'La-Dame Family

Del D'La-Dame -

Male aged in his early forties. Dark hair and tanned skin with a copper sheen. Del is an accomplished fighter who prefers blasters or his fists in a fight. Del has been in trouble multiple times with law enforcement. Owner of E class spaceship The Lady. Approach with caution.

Rin D'La-Dame - aka Kit.
    Petite female aged in her mid-thirties. Blonde hair and scar on arm. Rin is an accomplished fighter which suggests that she has formal martial arts training. She has arrests for petty larceny. Many officers report being unable to explain how or why she was allowed to escape. Approach with caution.

Nicco D'La-Dame - Young male adult. Dark hair and pale skin. Eldest child of Del. Mother unknown.

Estra D'La-Dame - aka Essie -
    Young female adult. Dark hair and tanned skin with a copper sheen. Daughter of Del. Mother unknown.

Zallie D'La-Dame - aka Zallie Jinn -
    Young female adolescent. Pale skin and long light brown hair. Daughter of Rin. Father unknown.

Kei D'La-Dame -
    Juvenile male. Dark hair and pale skin. Child of Del and Rin D'La-Dame. Twin brother of Taro.

Taro D'La-Dame -
    Juvenile male. Dark hair and pale skin. Child of Del and Rin D'La-Dame. Twin brother of Kei.

Quin D'La-Dame -
    Infant female. Blonde hair and tanned skin. Youngest child of Del and Rin D'La-Dame

F'kisi Plum -
    Young male adult. Dark brown hair and skin. Nephew of The R'gomaiwhenua of Ai'Nalani. Treat with caution in order not to create a diplomatic incident. Unknown as to why he is travelling with known petty criminals. [/SPOILERS]

Here is the list of the events as part of the Decathlon...

Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Decathlon (parts of events may be completed in any order):

400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme. -
    Family Secrets

110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, family, friendship or couple aren’t mentioned. - Pet 97 – 16 –Naja- Dask - Ebra

Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, friendship, family or couple as the star. - Pet 67 – Corellian Hound – Jaggert – 27 BBY – (13 and a bit exactly)

1500 Word Dash: A 1500 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with any theme.

100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme. - If only if

AU Archery: A story of at least 100 words set in an alternate universe with your character, family, friendship, or couple. - If Only or There but for The Force go I

Fantastical Fencing: A story of at least a 100 words involving your character, family, friendship or couple in which something fantastical happens.

4x100 Relay: 4x100 words on the four types of love (affection, intimacy, friendship, and charity) as experienced by your character, family, friendship or couple in one post. - Old Love, New Love

200 Freestyle: A 200 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with a free choice of any theme. - And then I woke up and it was just a dream

Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple. - Pet 7 - Titchy Itches

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  2. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

Pet 7 – Titchy Itchies – The Swarm – 33 BBY – (7 and 3 months)

“Zallie my sweet, I know I said that you could get a pet, but, and before you ask, your brothers' head lice are not an option.”

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    brodiew, Anedon, Kahara and 7 others like this.
  3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    "Your brother's head lice are not an option."

I love that and laughed out loud[face_laugh]

Great job with the Single Sentence Shotput!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Zallie is incorrigible

Kahara and Kit' like this.
  5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ZALLIE! [face_rofl] :oops:

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse than Fluffy the Spider, here comes the head lice. Oh but this kid is incorrigible - @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha took the words right out of my mouth. This burgeoning beastwarden really does see beauty and kinship in every living creature, that's for certain! It's a great quality, even when taken to such . . . extremes. :p

This is off to a great start, and I can't wait to get to know your Family of Scoundrels even better throughout this collection! :D [face_dancing]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great kid to see lice as pets or are they pests?

Kit' and Kahara like this.
  7. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh that made me laugh! Perfect way to kick off your Olympics events! Can't wait to read more. :)

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    GOLD!! Brilliant! As a mother I so relate to it!!

9. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thank you! It's been bouncing around my head for such a long time now. I'm glad it made you laugh :) @};-

That she is. She's going to be terrifying when she grows up. :D

Aww, thank you! But head lice as so small and you could keep them in a tupperware box with some blood and they wouldn't bother anyone at all! Promise? O:):p

Definitely pests. I remember having them as a kid and being horrified by the whole idea of them. :eek:

Thank you! I love making people laugh. @};-

Unfortunately I can too at the moment. There is a head lice outbreak at my youngest kid's daycare (it did not inspire this story though) and I'm very, very glad that I've got boys with nice short hair who like wearing their hats. Hopefully that will be enough to keep them away. I don't want to have to sit with a screaming toddler who hates having his hair washed on the best of days, trying to comb the nits out! :_|

10. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Back a bit in time with this one to just after Zallie was born. Hopefully the passage of time is obvious enough. Also think that I might have kind of, sort of disqualified myself as these drabbles are a bit over (okay the last one is quite a bit over) the 100 words AND I wrote it from an outsider's perspective of looking in at the two.

4x100 Relay: 4x100 words on the four types of love

Old love, new love.

Charity

“So, what’s your plan Del,” Jor’oune polished a glass in the habit of all good publicans and looked across to where his wife Bes was cooing over the newborn.

“I don’t know. I was wondering if you could take her on. I mean she’s got the baby and all, but she’s said she’ll work for her keep.”

“You want us to employ a Jedi.”

“Ex-Jedi.”

“She’s not fit for bar work Del. One like that doesn’t settle into an easy life.”

“I can’t keep her Jor’oune, there’s too much history there.”

“Well, that is a problem.” He filled the glass, “but for once I think you should face the problem Del, not run from it.”

Friendship

“Come on Zallie, you’re almost there. You can do it.”

“Look at her go! She’ll be up on all fours any minute. Then there’ll be trouble.”

Del watched Kit and Bes laughing together as they coaxed Zallie to crawl. The Drunken Nerf was empty, which was not unusual considering the early hour of the morning.

“She’s fitting in well, her and the baby.” Jor’oune observed swapping his normal glass polishing for trying to fix a jammed spigot. “Any trouble makers just go home when she does that hand wavy thing she does. Been rather useful.”

Del frowned. Jor’oune raised one eyebrow at him and twisted the spigot head again.

“She’s made friends with the young women in the village. Perhaps she could teach you?”

“Teach me what?”

“How to make friends. Looks like you need one.”

Affection

“You noticed our Del is spending more time here?” Bes said filling the plate rack on the sideboard.

“Noticed yes. His youngsters eat too much,” Jor’oune grumbled motioning towards where Nicco was holding both Zallie’s hands to steady her as she took tentative, awkward steps.

“Think it’s because of her?”

He raised both eye-brows as he watched his so-called employee shirk her duties to sit close to Del as he poured over a map. She pointed out something and grinned cheekily and Del laughed in response. Bes gasped and then pretended to be busy as both Del and Kit glanced at her.

“I’ve never heard him laugh,” she whispered as the younger two went back to the map and as Del quietly, tentatively put his hand over Kit’s. The young woman didn’t shy way, just smiled shyly and continued chatting.

"Won’t have her for long then.” Jor’oune grumbled again seeing his wife beam, “can never keep good help.”

Intimacy

“I’d like you to come with me.” The lunch rush had been and gone and Kit was emptying glasses and wiping tables. She looked up at Del and brushed her fringe from her eyes. Behind the bar, Bes paused to watch them.

“Go where with you?” Kit asked softly.

“I don’t know. Just to see the galaxy. Go places we could never go as Jedi.”

“We went lots of places as Jedi.”

“Yeah, but this is places that we choose to go. Not where we are told.”

“But you can do that by yourself, can’t you?”

Bes held her breath not wanting to interrupt them. She watched as Kit came face-to-face with Del, or rather face-to-chest. Del bent his head down so that they were face-to-face.

“But I want do it with you.”

Bes felt her heart stop.

“Zallie’s on the roof again!” Jor’oune came crashing through the door and the young couple sprang apart. Bes slapped her forehead in frustration.

“You, my love, are an idiot.” She grumbled as she passed him, pushing him gently as she did so “a complete idiot.”

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  11. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Funny little bit about the head lice, followed by a deeper look at the relationships of these characters. Great work! :)

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A great look into Zallie and friends. And as ex-Jedi's, they are having fun

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super progression as we start with Charity and Del wanting to keep his distance [face_thinking] probably because he thinks Kit would prefer it that way, and at that point she likely does, until Intimacy and Bes' parting comment, yeah, for sure, for interrupting a crucial moment [face_laugh] =D=

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Kahara likes this.
  14. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thank you :) Figure hit people with the funny stuff and then go for the romance :D:p

Yep, there is a lot of baggage that comes with being an ex-Jedi but I figure a lot of fun too.

Yeah, got to love it when the most perfect moment gets interrupted. :p

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  15. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Poor Dasks get one line in Wookieepedia as 'riding beasts" but in my head they'd giant lumbering, not particularly bright things.

110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, family, friendship or couple aren’t mentioned.

Pet 97 – 16 –Naja- Dask - Ebra

“What has she done now?”

“We were down town and this big guy was kicking a Dask.”

“Oh no…”

“And then she did the hand wavy thing.”

“Sithspit…and then?”

“And then the Dask threw trampled the guy.”

“Is he alright?”

“I checked with the med centre and they think he’ll make it.”

“Well that’s something?”

“Yeah but that isn’t the end of it.”

“Not the end of it? Please tell me that I won’t be hauling your sister out of the lock up.”

“Yeah, well. When the police rocked up she did the hand wavy thing.”

“Wow. This just gets better and better. And so?”

“Well, now we own a Dask.”

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Kahara and amidalachick like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] ZALLIE!!! [face_love]

Kahara likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And that's a big burden?

Jedi Knight Fett and Kahara like this.
  18. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ZALLIE!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Stars, but I just can't even with this girl. Just can't even. But she's her parents' daughter and of course she isn't going to stand for injustice, all in her very trademark Zallie way. I'd expect nothing less. [face_mischief]

Well, it wouldn't be the first - or strangest - pet this family has seen! And I love how the 'hand wavy thing' has become a, well, a thing. Just classic. :p

This was another great contribution to your Olympic collection! I look forward to reading more. :D =D=

19. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Yeah, that kid is going to be the death of someone one of these days...she's a spoonful of trouble just on her own! [face_laugh]@};-

Well, only that a giant herbivore of that size might not take kindly to living in a spaceship, but I'm sure that Zallie would make a magnificent argument for it not being a bother at all... :p

Yep, kid's got a justice meter a mile-wide. She's incorrigible [face_tee_hee][face_love] I love that "the hand-wavy thing" has become the best way of describing what Zallie does. It's there mostly because I don't know the name of that particular move and so I figure that's how teenage Nicco and Estra would describe it and now it's stuck. [face_love][face_laugh]

20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.

Family secrets

“Nicco, I’d rather not die today!”

“I’ve got you Rin, I’ll be there in a second.”

Kit grimaced, feeling the burn in her upper arms as she kept her tenuous grip on the ledge. The melody of The Force was faint and strained, something they’d been warned about, and she couldn’t reach enough of it to get herself out of there. She gritted her teeth and leant her head against the cool metal wall, feeling her fingertips slip backwards. There was a grunt and then a strong, calloused hand wrapped itself around her arm and hauled her up and onto the ledge. Nicco sat back against the wall and grinned at her.

“I thought Jedi were supposed to be good at climbing.”

“I was, back when I was your age. But I’m so far out of practice that they’d laugh me out of the Temple if they saw me now.” She grinned back at him. The job had needed two to work it and normally Kit would have taken Del, but he was down with one of his headaches, and time had been of the essence. That had left Nicco to work with, something that she was more and more grateful for. She shuddered to think what would have happened if he hadn't been there to pull her back up and save her from the gleaming spikes at the bottom of the pit.

“Thanks for the hand,” she grinned and then winced as she tried to rub the circulation back into her fingers. Nicco crawled forward to stare down at the pit with its gleaming teeth-like spikes.

“That’s kind of thrown a spanner in the works,” he said rocking back on his haunches. “So, what’s your plan oh esteemed Jedi?”

Kit poked her tongue out him and then wrinkled her nose in thought.

“If The Force was stronger I could jump it, but we’ll have to find another way around instead. It’s our only way out.”

There was silence for a minute and then Nicco grinned. Kit didn’t like the way that he was sizing her up.

“I could throw you.”

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Well, unless you’ve secretly been hiding that Jedi are actually part birds, then that’s our only choice. Once you’re over there you can pin the grapple line and I’ll swing across.”
    Kit frowned, weighing up the alternatives. There weren’t any.

“Do it.” She said after a moment, “but on one condition.”

“And what’s that?”

“That we never, ever tell Del.”

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    funny update with the climbing and banter

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, that is definitely an interesting solution :p =D=

Kahara likes this.
  23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks. Poor Nicco doesn't get a lot of screen time (too many characters!) so I figured it'd be a nice change to show him and Kit.

Well...when there aren't any other choices... ;):p[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  24. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    200 Freestyle: A 200 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with a free choice of any theme.

And then I woke up and it was all a dream

There was screaming. Del bolted upright in bed and staggered to the door. His head was throbbing again. The screaming continued. He lurched down the ship’s corridor. Estra was already in the twin’s room, Kei sobbing uncontrollably as he huddled in her lap. Del clambered onto the bed to and hugged Taro, who, like his brother, was a snotty nosed, wild-eyed mess.

“I’ve got this Essie,” Del said putting a hand on his daughter’s shoulder. Estra smiled tiredly at him in the half-light.

“It’s alright Da, I’m awake anyway and I don’t think you should be out of bed. How’s your head?”

“It’ll be right,” Del said knowing that his daughter could see through the lie.

“Want to tell us what the dream was about?” Del asked when the last sobs died away.

“Nicco and Mama were trapped.”

“Then the floor opened and tried to swallow mama.”

“Then Nicco rescued her.”

The two boys were babbling over the top of each other. Del smiled reassuringly.

“Well, that doesn’t sound too bad. Mama and Nicco are safe.”

“No,” Kei said starting to sob again, “Nicco rescued mummy and then he picked her up…”

Taro joined his brother’s wail, “and he threw her.”

Del looked at his sons, "Don't worry," he said, "it was just a dream."

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Excellent as we visit the just a dream trope, which I love when it's applied to undo all the MESS that the Legends EU turned into, specifically when Luke wakes up and Mara's safe [face_love]

Kahara likes this.