main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    That you do as I do recall, Hammer. ;) But thank you for your kind words. :)

So what exactly have you been up to these days aside from your gaming?

darthbernael likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @Imperial_Hammer, you are more than welcome to go for it. It’ll be most welcome and greatly appreciated!

Literally the words ‘RPR’ had me squee so. Very contented.

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    All good, Corvid came and went and things are slowly getting back to normal now.

darthbernael likes this.
  4. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    @Adalia-Durron : Huh, that is indeed surprising! Glad you have a good core of users to rely on though. So important!

@Darth_Elu : Well its been about a year and a half now since I relocated to Salt Lake City. Mostly been busy putting down roots here in good ol' Utah! COVID snapped down any possibility for travel, so we've been doing some house hunting instead. Time to leave the renting life.

@Sinrebirth : Perfect. I'll start getting some things together to make this a reality. I'll be keeping in touch with you and @Corellian_Outrider

@DarkLordoftheFins : Nice! Hope the situation maintains. Its gone all to pieces back in the USA. Can't blame for opting to keep Americans out. What a mess!

-I_H

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Its gone? Not here it's not. :( I'm in a good state, the one next door, not so pretty. You know things are serious when the Army has been deployed on the border to stop people crossing........... my Aunt rang mum and said 'You've deployed the army!?!' and mum said seriously 'Yes, with tanks!' :p

darthbernael likes this.
  6. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Stupid Covid. *tries to wave it away ineffectually*

And Utah, hm? @Imperial_Hammer. When things settle down (whenever that is), mayhap I now have a good reason to come visit the City Lake of Salt. [face_thinking] Don't blame you for house hunting, that's my ultimate dream. Still stuck in the renter's life atm. Ugh.

DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  7. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Assuming my next PCS goes according to plan, the wife and I will be purchasing our first home next year...

Feel mighty iffy about it, but we need the room.:rolleyes:

8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    A home is a home. One should always be happy to have it.

9. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    I’ll definitely be happy when we close on it. Itd be a big step for my family. I don’t think anyone has owned a house in a generation.

The only thing is that I likely won’t be there for longer than 5 years. That’s why it has me kind of nervous. Big investment to not be living there long. Such is military life, though.

10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I understand that. Still, it sounds like it might be the right call. Consider me and my family cheering you on from the sidelines. ;)

I'll ask how it all went down later on so I can compile notes. :p

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    @Imperial_Hammer, Thank ye! Yes back in school and just got a new job. A good way of getting rid of mental blocks... lol.
    ;)

12. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Aand where I am COVID is making a resurgence as cases tripled after they loosened the measures. The thing is the econimic damage was done when there were few cases and now they won't enact another quarantine as they risk defaulting a lot of people and creating civil unrest. Also the tourist season went down the drain, which provides up to 10% of the national GDP...

13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Just stay safe, @TheAdmiral. All I ask. ;)

But yeah, Covid has really made a mess of things all right.

darthbernael likes this.
  14. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, it comes in waves and Germany was hit early and is now more or less relaxing from it. Seems pretty much over with less then 10.000 active infected in all of the country (of which half is one company acting VERY irresponsible).

darthbernael and DarthIshyZ like this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    upload_2020-7-8_21-24-59.png

As of today this is Australia's total. We have a few fools, but overall, I'm proud of our nation.

16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    :rolleyes: Where's the fun in that?

Edit: Just heard Bolsinaro (who's now positive) attended a 4th of July celebration at the US Embassy over the weekend. So... that means, while he was contagious, he was around the US Embassador to Brasil.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh dear........ :oops:

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The only consolation is that the idiots will catch it.

It's like thinning the gene pool... but it's also frustrating as the careful ones, the vulnerable ones, they are in so much more dangerous because of said idiots.

19. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I am trying, I am more concerned about my parents as they both are in the danger zone. Aaand now in my country the cases increased 6 times, gone from around 40 per day in March, now it is 240. They closed the night clubs and no audiences in the stadiums.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  20. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm very proud of myself.
    Trying to be a bit braver in d&d, follow my character alignment and do stuff that might piss off the other players.

...Like murder the friendly spoon-mad gnome companion we picked up part way through a tomb because he *might* be the lich in disguise. [face_dunno]

..he wasn't. [face_relieved]

21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I’ll hope with you that your parents remain safe. @TheAdmiral Looks like your country is doing a better, faster response than America. So that’s an encouraging sign at least!

Nicely done @darthhelinith! I like the precaution. We need to game together. :p

darthhelinith and TheAdmiral like this.
  22. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

darthhelinith likes this.
  23. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Well the thing was they increased so much after removing most of the preventative measures but now they are too afraid to bring them back as it will lead to civil unrest and spike in unemployment. Also there is the example from our neighbor, Serbia, where people stormed the Parliament because they want to bring back the restrictions.

Another issue is that we are skirting too close to the critical maximum. At 300 cases per day we will run out of hospital beds very quickly...

24. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Where are you from, @TheAdmiral?

I’ve been following what’s going on in Serbia; not nice.

darthbernael likes this.