main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Star Wars: Schrödinger's Director

Directed by Rian Johnson

2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    That's a nicely put together fan addition. Oh well. I'll just have to be satisfied with hearing all the Jedi voices before she recovers. :)

Lee_ likes this.
  3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, it looks real, and would have made the scene better IMO. They should have used them as force ghosts in the movie that actually appeared. People always said young Hayden (as opposed to an older looking character like in the previous ROTJ version) would look out of place as a force ghost, but I think that video shows how good he looks.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i thought about this recently because at first i wanted the jedi spirits to show up. but yoda and obi didn't show up at the end of rotj to fight so it wouldn't have made sense.

DarthRamRod and DannyD like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s OK, but I would have removed them physically helping Rey. Just having them stand there as a Force Ghost posse, giving Rey strength just by their presence, would’ve been a lot cooler.

6. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I seriously doubt anyone from Lucasfilm is dumb enough to get up on stage in front of thousands of SW fans and announce that RJ is doing another movie. That would not be a pretty sight. Some cheers. Some boos. A crowd divided in real time. Not exactly the kind of excitement they're trying to create at a Celebration.

guittarjedi and Darth PJ like this.
  7. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    That's not really how it works... Contracts are usually predicated upon agreed timelines for delivery dates, and key milestones within the process, for which one has been employed. That there hasn't been any official communication on this front strongly suggests that, whatever arrangement Johnson has with Lucasfilm, is a very loose one... and is probably around the notion that IF he writes a script/treatment, it will be seriously considered. That is a not the same thing as being contractually obliged to produce a script or make a new Star Wars film by a given date. Until that is communicated, then it's much more logical to assume that he isn't under contract to deliver anything. Ergo, there is no contract for him to be 'let go' from... I think it's also a given, even though Lucasfilm hasn't yet released an official statement, that George Lucas is NOT making Episode X. But maybe we should just assume he is?

Tython Awakening likes this.
  8. Helloothere

Helloothere Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2020
    Rian Johnson announces a complete remake and reboot of the original trilogy......

Mostly Handless likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    or maybe just maybe no nonody cares what he did on TLJ anymore and they cheering him on for his new movies. He's not first one to make movie that is divided and came back later to make more.

10. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Did you just ignore the moderator suggesting we stop discussing this?

11. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    You've clearly ignored it. Wind your neck in.

12. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
  13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Everyone in this thread is going to behave, or we'll bless you with the only vacation you're allowed to take in the midst of a pandemic: to the Unban Requests forum.

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think there's a new SW film being released today. Seen no trailers, though.

15. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    John Hoey from SWNN says he’s heard from multiple sources that Kathleen Kennedy’s removal/retirement is imminent. He’s also heard that sweeping changes are coming to all of Disney Studios with new CEO Bob Chapek, one of the things he’s heard they’re going to change is having different presidents at all the different studios that Disney owns. Everything will be moved under the Disney umbrella rather than having multiple studios/presidents. He doesn’t know what it means for the upcoming shows and movie that have been announced. He also doesn’t know what will happen to the story group since he’s heard the changes at LFL could be big. I could see Kevin Feige replacing Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn who is nearly 80 years old. That would give Feige control over all of the live action movies.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well if SWNN is reporting that I expect the announcement that Kennedy has signed a ten year contract extension any day now. :p

17. Shamear

Shamear Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2014
    Where did he say this? I can't see it on their site or his twitter

DarthRosie likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    He said it on that radio show based in the 51st state of the United States of America.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  19. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    I can't imagine anyone vying to become a CEO while covid-19 is driving studios insane. So much more logical thing to keep CEO's whose contract still binds them to do that job. KK contract expires in 2021 so not far away, no need for immediacy. They aren't filming anything anyway.

20. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Anything that's currently in development, or on the cusp of development, probably encompasses the next 6-8 years of Lucasfilm Star Wars production and investment. If Lucasfilm are going to bring in a new CEO, it needs to be done sooner rather than later (IMHO). It would be a big risk to remove the CEO when several films are in hard production (be that pre-production etc.), as a new CEO may totally disagree with the current strategy, and that can be costly. It really depends on how much confidence Disney have in KK's current plan. Rumour would suggest not much.
    There is also another possibility i.e. that, in order to avoid negative PR, they slowly transfer KK's power/authority over a couple of years, rather than remove her with immediate effect... and at the end, give her a golden handshake. I can see that happening... and may be the best thing for some form of stability whilst Lucasfilm moves into the next phase.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Shamear likes this.
  21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    So, one could ponder- how much does KK have to do with all of the reshoots, director problems, poor decisions on timing of releases, inadequate time given to compete projects, etc., and how much is Disney? I don't think anyone from then outside really knows, but I don't think it is all one way.

Also, where does the error lie in causing all the drama? Is it making bad choices for directors? Not giving directors enough creative control? Micromanagement? Is it not hashing out how things will go from the start with these directors, and lack of clear understanding that later causes problems? The non-saga movies turn out to have more problems than the saga movies in regard to the drama, but turned out to be better movies, which is also the case in the OT (ESB being a very problematic production, but the best movie).

I certainly wouldn't say I dislike Disney era SW, but I think there are directors/writers that could have been given a movie that ended up being significantly more creative and meaningful (aside from R1). I think taking the safe route with JJ for TROS ended up having the kind of consequence that can come with going safe; another movie I didn't hate, but as an end to the saga was a fail. JJ has egg on his face after all of his talk of tying the saga together, and if they were going to micromanage anything, that ending should have been managed to be better.. It has looked worse with each time I have watched it.

At the very least, I think any trilogies or continuing stories will have a solid start to finish outline going in; that seems like one of the easier things to fix.

Another important consideration is the TV show, which was clearly a triumph for everyone involved; Mando went a long way in pushing away any implication that Disney era SW is overall poor or mired in mediocrity. They have just made a lot of mistakes.

In the spirit of SW, they also need to push the envelope a little more in terms of technology, the Tarkin in R1 being the best example of something they did that was successful in that regard.

22. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Their YouTube channel.

Shamear likes this.
  23. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Edit - missed the mod comment while scanning through. Disregard everything I said...[face_whistling]
    [​IMG]

That's...really well done.

Something like that really should have been in the film, as it really drives how what I really do think the film was trying to dipict (that the ghosts were empowering her) in a way that is both more visually moving but also clears up the confusion that I feel has surrounded the scene.

If and when they replace KK, they'll presumably do it with someone whose already involved in whatever plans are underway, rather then some outsider with drasticly different ideas or no idea what's going on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ;)

Well that sounds like a horrible plan.

Maybe my store should get ride of all our department heads and coordinators and just have the managers run everything directly. I'm sure they have the time:p - heck, why stop there? Maybe TJX should just dissolve TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Homegoods, Homesense, Sierra and Winners - I mean if it's "good" for Disney it's good enough for us, right?[face_laugh]

I'm not even sure a "lot" of mistakes is really something that can be said - along with the Mando we've also gotten Rebels, Rogue One and Fallen Order under Disney, while most books and comics have been solid and TFA, Solo and yes, even TLJ, are fairly solid films despite some flaws and behind-the-scenes blunders/dramas. Really the only things that I would go as far as to say were actually "mistakes" were Battlefront II's multiplayer and the failure of TROS to stick the landing for the ST.

IMO most of what Disney SW has produced so far is either of good or acceptable quality, with a few standout greats and very few real failures, which seems like a pretty good record to me.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Krueger and DarthRamRod like this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Yeah. a) it's dumb. b) It's probably not a real thing.
    It's KK hate fantasies.

25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I would mostly agree with that. The Solo fiasco was problematic, issues with repeatedly firing/drama with directors, no solid direction for the saga films from the start, etc. I think it is fair to say an undertaking like SW is going to involve a learning curve with a fair amount of mistakes no matter what.

I agree with you about this being mostly solid stuff, I just wish they had done something "great" with the saga, which more landed in the "good" territory after TROS; certainly a lot of good things can be said for what they did with it.. But yeah, TCW ending was very good, R1 was great, Solo was entertaining enough.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    K2771991 likes this.