main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How do you build off the Sequel Trilogy moving forward

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jid123Sheeve, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I wanna do something more constructive then critique (And if this thread exist then apologies) but look the Sequel Trilogy is what it is. It's lore...It's canon, it's not getting multiverses out of existence, we have to live with it now. So, why not try to make the best out of it via supplementary material. After all that's kinda how Star Wars works these days, the Supplementary material gives a leg up to the films...Sometimes more than it should but it does. I believe any writer can make it work if they approach it from the right angle.

So, going back and forth how do you build off the Sequel Trilogy and the lore given. Such as how do you work Palpatine in the Post Endor stuff now. If they do Ben Solo stuff how do you write Ben Solo before he becomes Kylo Ren. How do you handle the Sith Eternal Cult and all the stuff on Exegol. The Rise of First Order, Fall of the New Republic, Maz, Lor San Tekka etc etc.

Eventually one has to just work with what's given if they don't love since ....This is Star Wars now, there is no going back their is only moving forward this is the lore...Let's build of it.

And please TRY to come up with something and don't say it's impossible...This is creative writing exercise try to find a angle to work with.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2020
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's already happening Jid, just not at the level of movies, with Poe's origin being out in a few weeks.

Going beyond the films there appears to be a third Vi Moradi book on the cards.

The ST-as-films and ST-as-books are very different things. I found the latter far better and suspect that's where any further building will be done.

indydefense likes this.
  3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    We need an anthology series that lasts multiple seasons and jumps around time for the New Republic era. Giving us stories of the big 3, Ben Solo, etc.

Beginning shows the end of the Civil War. Moving onto Luke in the years prior to forming the academy, when he is traveling around the galaxy learning more about the Jedi. During his adventures he can meet allies, who some later aid in the creation of his temple.

Eventually we can see Luke began to train young kid Ben Solo and some other students.

Another time jump can give us young adult Ben Solo and other students of similar age. He was 24 when the academy blew up and he turned to the dark side.

We know Lukes students went on off world missions, so it can give us various stories. In fact 3 students were off world at the time the Academy went kaboom, so we could see more about the Jedi’s final mission.

Some of the series can also focus on politics within the New Republic, giving us tales about Leia, etc.

Besides just focusing on the good guys, like TCW we can see some stories from the bad guys perspective. Such as how the first order came to be, Palpatine/Snoke.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Luna2112, K2771991 and Jid123Sheeve like this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

well
    Yeah that’s what I’m talking about I don’t think you read my question correctly ?

like what sorta things you wanna see done like. How do you better expand on Palpatine 30 years on Exegol so that when you see it in the films you have the supplementary stuff to give it a Umph

I like these options

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2020
  5. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    I'd like a story focused on Palpatine and his clones or failed clones, explaining how/why Rey's father came to be, how he possibly defied his father and ran away and met Rey's mother.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    A wishlist thread, Jid? You know how these end up.

7. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Palpatine, Exegol, Unknown Regions, Sith Cult have potential simply because Unknown Regions are an unknown entity atm so they can create new rules. The rest not so much.

8. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I would try and come up with an in-universe concept for time travel... ;)

Failing that... I'd imagine just focusing on elements such as how Leia moved away from the New Republic, how Luke built his New Jedi Order, and what/who was out there, immediately after ROTJ, to keep the Sith flame burning...

9. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Great thread! Thank you, I’m so tired of critique and bashing. Everywhere I go that’s all people want to do.

I’m also curious in going forward. Will Rey rebuild the Jedi order? Will Finn and Jannah and the rest of company 77 be her first students? Will broom boy show up? She has all the ancient texts and guidance of the Force echoes of the Jedi who came before. Will there be a new new republic as Lando considers in the rise of Skywalker novelization? I’d love to see his and Jannahs adventures. Will Poe be a central leader in the new government? Will the galaxy abolish central government and become more based in civilized anarchy? Will they bring back the concept of the Vong and have an intergalactoc invasion like in new Jedi order? Can Palpatine return? Will Rey marry and/or have children? The possibilities are endless!

10. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm not interested in any of that. Absolutely no potential for interesting stories. They had a major event that closed the saga and all those proposals above are just day in life type of a deal. No story. Rey training people is not a story which is why no one who's pushing for this ever came up with an actual story. It's always Rey is training people. OK so what's the story? Er, Rey is training people. OK, so what's the conflict? You can't have a story without a conflict? Er, they chase remnants of FO. zzzz.

Vong concept is something for stories set hundreds of years later.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well wish list but also how they would want too see those wishes executed so yes. I want people in this thread to use there creative writing skills here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2020
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just seen a few too many of these but by all means have fun without me.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think future stories with Rey and friends helping to heal the galaxy after all the blood and destruction of almost 100 years of major conflicts. Poe and other's from the resistance help establish a new defence fleet and goverment. Rey learning more of the jedi like Luke and fights pirates and crimilas who has florished sine the prequels. Rey taking her own padawan at the time she feels she's not ready. Ben Solo will be with Rey as her friendly ghost.

We can be getting more into young Ben and how Palpatine manipulated him, When Luke starts his jedi and Leia going into the political drama. Palpatine and his sith enternals in the unknown regions.

K2771991 and StartCenterEnd like this.
  14. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    I am not interested in any of those things either. The sequel trilogy destroyed all of my interest in any stories between RotJ and TFA, and anything that takes place after TROS. I am also not one bit interested in further stories of the characters from the ST, especially Kylo and Rey.

Luna2112, canuckmuse, Sitara and 4 others like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    You’re making a big mistake by not watching the Mandalorian.

burg2774 likes this.
  16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I dont know if you can make the ST or immediate post-ST interesting. At least, it would be hard to get people invested in post-Skywalker stories with Rey and stories set during the Rise of the First Order six years before TFA. (Bloodline was pretty interesting tho).

However, the New Republic era set before the First Order was on the radar could be interesting. A new Jedi Order, a new Republic, Luke, new threats and small or major wars set in that 30 year time period. A major multimedia project with Luke, Han, and Leia fighting a large scale conflict against non-Imperials would be a start.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. sian1965

sian1965 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 26, 2020
    Kylo's dead, Abrams and Terrio saw to that. As a fan of his, I don't want any 'prequels' about Ben Solo, TROKR comic gave me everything I need to know about his past, I really wanted to see his future, but DLF erased it.
    As for the Trio.....well, it'll be nice for their fans if they continue Rey Fakewalker and Her Acolytes. I have zero interest in them but I know they have a lot of supporters.

18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So this picture is the best we have so far in seeing Luke's students.

[​IMG]

Mostly human from the looks of it, though the picture is missing 6 other students, since we know Luke took Ben and 12 others to begin his Academy. Hopefully we can get stories about some alien students besides the quarren.

Also we don't know how Luke encountered the students (other then Ben) to bring them to be trained. What about the parents of the kids? Any of them orphans? What motivated them to want to become Jedi? Even though we sadly know these kids will never reach the ST era, I still want to have each one given some character development one day.

Did Luke train any others during the Academy era? Were the original 13 students his only students, or was there a 2nd generation of students before the big kaboom?

K2771991 likes this.
  19. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Whatever the fans allow, unfortunately. The sad reality is it's sort of like beating a dead horse, for many. People seem to be clinging to a different era that is no longer there.

I think disney should have honored Lucas's wishes, and then perhaps moved unto a "new" galaxy or allow various directors to fashion their own trilogies or sagas ala Batman, not in character but in concepts.

20. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    There are 11 jedi voices in TROS and then Leia appears. That's 12, a PT jedi council.

According to Han, Luke was training a new generation. Luke had 'a dozen students'.

And Ben. That's 13. That's Judas, and 'Judas', as seen in the film and the comics, was not Ben.

Judas meant also Rome, that is, empire. Maybe there was a PT 'personal representative' too.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    indydefense likes this.
  21. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    Judas was one of the twelve disciples, not the thirteenth.

22. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    I am especially not interested in stories involving Luke and his jedi students. What’s the point? Sadly, thanks to the nihilistic ST, we now know that it’s all meaningless. None of those students ever become fully trained Jedi. They are all killed or go bad. There is no way that I want to see or read about those Jedi who have no future, or about Luke, when I know what happens to him : he becomes a cowardly jerk and near villain who ends up a complete and utter failure, leaving no legacy.

As for the mandalorean, I will pass. Sure, baby yoda looks cute, but other than that, there is no real appeal for me. The Jedi are what made SW unique, and the Jedi don’t seem to be important to Disney. That’s why they killed off all of Luke’s students and didn’t even allow Luke himself to act as a Jedi or as a true Jedi master. Mandalorians are of no interest to me.

Luna2112, 2Cleva, TK-2814 and 4 others like this.
  23. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    As someone who is also interested mainly in force-plots and Jedi, I found the Mandalorian still a worthy watch. It`s got a lot of heart and spirit to it. Totally agree on your other points, though.

24. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Thanks for the feedback, but I am not about to pay for Disney + just to watch the Mandalorian. If I can ever watch it for free, I will give it a try, but after what Disney did to my favorite films and characters, I am loathe to give them any money.

Alliyah Skywalker likes this.
  25. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    It's funny how the debate quickly moved from Building Off ST to Building Off Mando. Tells you all you need to know about the state ST left the movies in.