main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Star Wars Podracers and your Favorite

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CISMestizo, Jul 10, 2020.

1. CISMestizo

CISMestizo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2020
    I've been playing the Nintendo Switch port of Star Wars Episode I Racer recently and it got my noggin joggin about what were everyone's favorite Pod Racer. Feel free to name any Pod Racer you like whether they're one from the Boonta Eve Classic, or the reused concept for Star Wars Episode I Racer, or any of the new characters for Star Wars Racer Revenge.

You can like a Pod Racer for any reason. They're a neat looking alien, their Pod Racer is cool, they have a great back story you actually managed to read about. Considering they don't have a lot of backstory it's totally fine to like them based on looks alone.

I also figure this could be a general discussion thread about Podracers such as the Boonta Eve Classic in the movie the 2 Podracer games Star Wars Episode I Racer and Star Wars Racer Revenge, or the comics such as Podracing Tales, or Emissaries to Malastare and discarded designs that never made the cut. Maybe any desires for a future Podracing game and what you'd like to see.

A couple links from StarWars.com highlighting all the Pod Racers from the movie and games.
    START YOUR ENGINES: STAR WARS PODRACER DRIVERS, PART 1
    START YOUR ENGINES: STAR WARS PODRACER DRIVERS, PART 2

An Image of all Boonta Eve Classic Podracers from Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace
    [​IMG]

Below are a list of all Pod Racers from The Phantom Menace, video games, and comics that I could find out about. I'm using the Legends Wookieepedia pages since many characters actually have a background in Legends, or only exist in Legends. Figured I list them all so people know about what Podracer's are out there.

Pod Racers that participated in the Boonta Eve Classic in Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace

Ben Quadinaros and his Balta-Trabaat BT310

Ratts Tyerell and his Vokoff-Strood Titan 2150

Boles Roor and his Bin Gassi Racing Engines Quadrijet 4-Barrel 904E

Dud Bolt and his Vulptereen 327

Anakin Skywalker and his Radon-Ulzer 620C and Radon-Ulzer 1240C racing engine

Mars Guo and his Collor Pondrat Plug-2 Behemoth

Sebulba and his Collor Pondrat Plug-F Mammoth Split-X and Collor Pondrat Plug-G_Gargantua

Teemto Pagalies and his Irdani Performance Group IPG-X1131 LongTail

Aldar Beedo and his Manta RamAir Mark IV Flat-Twin Turbojet

Neva Kee and his Farwan & Glott 8T8-Twin Block2 Special

Gasgano and his Custom Ord Pedrovia

Ark "Bumpy" Roose and his Vokoff-Strood Plug-8G 927 Cluster Array

Ody Mandrell and his Exelbrok XL 5115

Elan Mak and his Kurtob KRT 410-C

Ebe E. Endocott and his JAK Racing J930 Dash-8

Mawhonic and his Galactic Power Engineering GPE-313

Wan Sandage and his Elsinore-Cordova Engineering TurboDyne 99-U

Clegg Holdfast and his Keizar-Volvec KV9T9-B Wasp

Podracers that appear in Star Wars Episode I Racer

Fud Sang and his Bokaan Race Engineering BRE Block6 Tri-Ram

“Bullseye” Navior and his Irateq RQ 550C Dart

Toy Dampner and his Turca 910 Special

Slide Paramita and his Pizer-Errol Stinger 627 S

Bozzie Baranta and his Shelba 730 Razor

Jinn Reeso and his Podracer

Cy Yunga and his Hummel Carbine V-71 Ridge Piranha

Podracers that appear in Star Wars Racer Revenge

Occo Ninebar and his Enser Flay 254

Shirvel Baittrand and his Kulless Squall

Knire Dark and her Serabyss Howler 1165

Kraid Nemmeso and his Versper Dux Ultra-3

Wan Sandage Jr. and his Elsinore-Cordova Engineering TurboDyne 99-U

“Scorch” Zanales and his Daimlo Engineering Banshee-11

Tzidik Wrantojo and his Wellos and Allos 825

These are Podracers I could find from the comics, but info on them is pretty limited and it isn't exhaustive so feel free to mention anyone, or anything I missed.

By't Distombe and his Podracer participated in the Vinta Harvest Classic

Durundo participated in the Vinta Harvest Classic

Wasser Barer participated in the Vinta Harvest Classic

Hekula was Sebulba's

Pugwis was Sebulba's grandson

Xelbree is a Podracer who is only ever named in the Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace Book and partook in the Boonta Eve Classic.

Czerka Corporation CR-17 Incendia is a Podracer that appears in Star Wars The Old Republic

I figured I'll also list the Easter Egg Podracers from Star Wars Racer Revenge, but I wouldn't really count these considering they're non-canon even in Legends.

Watto and his Podracer

Darth Maul and his Sith Infiltrator Podracer

Darth Vader and his TIE Podracer

2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Gasgano for me. I used to play the character in Episode I Racer on the Nintendo 64 around 2000-2001, and the character always stuck out to me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm a big Sebulba fan. A lot of people criticize the cgi and design of Jar Jar, but forget how cool Sebulba was.

4. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    “Bullseye“ Navior to me. In my memory his racer was the most outbalanced one which could get “one of the best“ in technical upgrading. Maybe I'm talking garbage. But anyway: I loved him and his kind of small podracer. He was perfect for my taste.

In design I also liked Slide Paramita and Toy Dampner.

I also had some favourite courses. I just really disliked one or two; for example “Abyss“ (Bozzie Baranta) - that was a joke hahaha.

5. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Just by going off of who I used to be on Episode 1 Racer: Ebe Endocott. That one had the best handling so I only crashed into a wall ~30 times a race.

6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Dud Bolt

[​IMG]

I like the look of his podracer and his design is cool as a crocodile with outward spiked teeth.

CISMestizo and Deliveranze like this.
  7. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    You literally said exactly everything I would have said. Are you my clone?

CISMestizo and Awushi Awere like this.
  8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    In the PodRacer video game I liked Cleigg Holdfast.

The Phantom Menace is an amazing movie for production design. The Podrace arena was shot as if it's a real location. All close ups shots we see are there in the large model. The camera angles and eyelines also match up for those places being where they are in the larger model. This made up environment is more consitant than most movies and TV shows shot in actual locations.

But when it comes to the actual podracer pilots, the characters are all over the place. Not a bad thing, just more of how movie magic works. Some of the podracers appear to have more than one design used on screen. And I'm not sure all the podracer pilots were fully designed head to toe. Even their size seems to vary.

Take Mawhownic. Is he the height or Ree-Yee or is he as tall as Anakin? Even on Wookiepeida, a lot of the podracers have images from the video game for their profile photo. I think that's because no actual official finished character design was made to have an image of.

CISMestizo and Awushi Awere like this.
  9. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Mars guo for me

CISMestizo likes this.
  10. SoUncivilized

SoUncivilized Jedi Padawan

Dec 5, 2019
    I think I liked playing as Teemto back in the day? Man it has been a long time.

CISMestizo likes this.
  11. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Sebulba was a fantastically creative alien design. I like that his species walk on their hands and use their feet to pick up and manipulate objects. He was a great minor villain, gruff and arrogant. He was an ideal opponent or Anakin, the established champion unseated by the precocious upstart.

12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I was going to post the same thing.

Deliveranze and CISMestizo like this.
  13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I've always been a big Gasgano fan. Love the character's design.

[​IMG]

14. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    For SW Ep.1 Racer (on both N64 and Switch), I always select Bullseye Navior as that little racer is really quite fast - especially when upgraded.

whostheBossk and CISMestizo like this.
  15. TsmHedorah

TsmHedorah Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 7, 2022
    Without saying Anakin, I would definitely have to say Dud Bolt and Gasgano. Both in the Episode 1 Racer game as well as outside of the game. Dud Bolt has one of my favorite creature designs in Star Wars period. His base pod in the game though is a bit weak but Gasgano is a beast in the game. It really sucks that we never see too much of these guys after The Phantom Menace, but then again podracing hasn't been seen much since 1999.

Happy Sando likes this.
  16. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Honestly, seeing so much appreciation for Gasgano here is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. He's my third-favourite.

Anakin would be second. As for first...

Honourable mentions for Teemto Pagalies and Watto, from Racer Revenge.

darkspine10 likes this.