main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Music of The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Boba would play the clarinet, the guhlyman. Says Ahnuld.

3. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I’ve spent most of this week listening to the soundtracks. The music is really growing on me. The Orchestral version of the Mandalorian Theme is just stunning.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  4. Nhisso

Nhisso Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2020
    I love the ending theme. My 8 year old starts playing an air timpani drum every.single.time! lmao. And proceeds to go full monkey-dance. However, I do wish we had some more "Star Warsy" sounding music with the show, at least some of the heroics music.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I find most of the music pretty generic sounding.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    There are few things I could disagree with more.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Does anybody know the song when Mando is walking through the Mandalorian underworld? The drony guitar sounding one. That track is way metal. \m/

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015

8. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    So good. Best soundtrack in Star Wars, IMO.

10. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    There's even some strong hip hop elements in the prison episode.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. Also in Chapters 7 and 8. For example, the drum beat from the beginning of the finale that plays as the scout troopers are speeding along.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  12. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    Apologies if this was already posted. I didn't see it:

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's pretty metal.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This was really cool:

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I loved that. This guy is next level. He’s opened up the entire musical landscape of Star Wars. He’s the real heir to Williams, in my view.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    New Hope has this mythology around it's making. Williams and Ben Burt and Dykstra. And the Mando has it too. Ludwig sitting in The Volume with his bass recorder. The new mythology.

I'm glad Jon Favreau understands we really want that. It's a big part of the fun.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s crystal clear to me now that Favreau, not JJ, would have been a much better choice for restarting Star Wars. But that’s OK. Better for the stars to align late than never.

Darkslayer and El_Machete12 like this.
  18. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I've always heard Favreau pushed really hard to direct episode VII. If that's the case, I wonder how an alternate ST would have looked with him at the helm. I do hope even after Mando is done as a series that he gets to work on more Star Wars in the future.

19. CISMestizo

CISMestizo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2020
    One thing I really appreciate about the Mandalorian soundtrack is they didn't just try to emulate the John Williams score. They understood it was a different genre of story more like an old Western and made sure to model the music accordingly. So it has a bit of Star Wars flare, but it's more of a Spaghetti Western like Ennio Moricone(Bless his soul) with some space age mixed in. I like that it is charting it's own path instead of just trying to be more like the movies. That's one thing that kind of disappointed me about Rogue One(Still like the movie). It felt like it was trying to be the Saga when it could have been more of a gritty war movie, or a spy thriller full of suspense and intrigue. Just felt like standard adventure fare although that could have been the result of the reshoots and re-edits.

I heard one story about Jon Favreau that definitely lead me to trust him more than any other Hollywood Director. Back in 2008 the Star Wars The Clone Wars movie was set to release he was such a big fan of Star Wars, such a big fan of ALL Star Wars that he contacted Dave Filoni and offered him an early screening of Iron Man in exchange to see The Clone Wars movie early. I think he has a much more expansive view of Star Wars than I think directors like J.J. Abrams have.

20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    This morning I woke up to what I thought was the theme song being played at a neighbor's house, but it was just the bass recorder part going uh-woo-a-woo uh-woo-a-wooo, over and over again. I ruled out the actual soundtrack, and presumed it was someone on a bass recorder practicing the theme song. I stepped into the backyard and traced the sound to a mourning dove perched on an old tv roof antenna.
    It's strange, because the doves usually stick to their normal coo..... but not this one.
    Reminds me of the time I heard a bird in Hawaii that sounded like an Imperial probe droid transmitting its coded message.

GregMcP and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Something to play once, then frame and put on the wall.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Damn, this puts him 3/4 of the way toward EGOT. C'mon LucasFilm, work on that Star Wars Holiday Special: The Musical!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    these guys need to be worked into a movie or live action TV