main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    If they get the same cast of characters, then yes. We need to see what made Han the best smuggler in the GFFA. Focus on his time working for Jabba. There was always a notion of a rivalry between Han and Boba Fett, whether real or perceived, but they could delve into that, as well.

TadoFett and Jango_Fettish like this.
  2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    https://www.esquire.com/entertainme...renreich-han-solo-a-star-wars-story-2-sequel/

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Ehrenreich just fits in Star Wars. Like a glove. Would like to see more of this guy.

4. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    As does Donald Glover. Watching Solo, there were a couple of times where you heard his voice without seeing him, and I could have sworn it was Billy Dee.

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I actually think a Lando spinoff TV show with Glover is such a no-brainer that it barely needs mentioning. Make it happen, Lucasfilm.

TadoFett and Darth Chuck Norris like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He kinda sounds like Ewan before Kenobi was announced. :p

7. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I'd be all for that, in a series format. I really enjoyed the movie.

8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Yes please! If this were to happen it could really expand on Han's "seen a lot of strange stuff" comment in ANH - and therefore broaden the galaxy.

Might also continue the cynical direction Han takes. Maybe he has some more "shooting first" moments to cement his ambiguity in ANH and ESB.

Could be a lot of fun.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I thought Glover was a better young Lando than Ehrenreich was a young Han.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    The Chalk Jedi and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Donald Glover fits like a glove.
    okay then.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I sure hope with Alden Ehrenreich wanting to play Han Solo in a disney plus series to continue the adventure that they greenlight a solo show with Han Solo and Chewbacca, that takes place just shortly after the movie.

DarthRosie and TadoFett like this.
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I imagine Aldens desires have nothing to do with whether they greenlight a show or not. Alden is pretty much just waiting to find out whether Disney/Lucasfilm actually do it or not.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah, but it is said a show in timeline of Solo is being talked about. wether it's solo or crimson dawn type off show.

themoth and TadoFett like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And Lando. The more I think about it, the more I think the show should be centered on Lando. That has the possibility of spurring a lot of creative choices, especially with Glover involved.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think a back and fourth between both would do well as well

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  18. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Clearly LFL have been burnt by Solo's performance even if any negative flak from it is totally unwarranted.

Personally I think in their quest to make new shows/movies, LFL feel Solo has had its time and the focus now will be elsewhere on other characters, which is a real shame as a Young Han Solo Adventures series would work really well, but alas I think it's unlikely.

Now with that in mind I certainly agree we've kinda been left hanging regarding the continuation of Qi'ra (sp?) and Crimson Dawn - at least with Maul we know where he ends up. So either their story will covered in some new comics or will be referenced in other shows set in the 19 year Imperial timeline such as Kenobi.

19. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Just...awesome. One of the greatest popular artists of our time leading a Star Wars project? If you don’t see the potential in that, you’re not paying attention.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The show will also be exponentially better if they get him to write it himself.

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If he writes it, it may genuinely wind up being the funniest Star Wars thing ever created.

23. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Great news. I could see a weekly anthology approach ("Adventures Of...") working really well here to keep variety/pace.

But then with DG in it...anything will work very well. :)

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I honestly can’t see them NOT doing this. Him starting in a movie is one thing. But when you do a show with Donald Glover playing the lead role - the same guy who showran, wrote, and basically did everything on the totally brilliant Atlanta - you ask him if he’d like to write it too. And more.

This show has potential to be such a breath of fresh air. A con artist like Lando, using his smarts to get into both the seediest and the highest rolling of places, could be the funnest thing we’ve yet seen in the series. Add to it the depth of character a show can bring - exploring the more intimate and caring side of his character - and you have a guaranteed hit. Add Glover as a writer and possibly producer? And you’ll get an instant classic.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  25. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I have long thought that a young Lando show should be in the style of the show Maverick. Portraying Lando as a basically good guy, but not always playing everything above board - grifting and gambling his way across the frontier.

Sarge likes this.