main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

2. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    It’s interesting to see what does and doesn’t get past the idiots radar. Like FFVIIR, the evil megacorp is killing the planet so the privileged have cheap energy while everyone else lives in poverty. Apparently this isn’t enough for the lightbulb to go off.

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Speaking as someone who didnt like Tlou2: The chuds can go eat horse turds. Representation is a good thing.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I mean it's perfectly fine to not like TLOU2 for other reasons. But hating it just because "OMG GAYS AND TRANS IN MUH GAME!" is not valid and is in fact hopelessly childish and dumb.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You know I dpnt do that.

I want the hammer through my head

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    DONE. Finally finished Fallout: New Vegas. First time I finished it from start to end with all the DLCs. Whew! The end game goes by rather quickly, though - run across the Dam, sneak into a room, watch the Enclave and Boomers and securitrons kill everyone for me, run up to Lanius, mock him, shoot him three times with a Holorifle, tell General Oliver to **** off, watch the ending slides.

Time to take it easy, play a little light or easy game and... no? I'm going back to playing Skyrim? Ok, then...

(Still have one more Fallout to play, too, before I can mark it as 'done'... sort of)

heels1785 likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Not quite a haiku but:

Wow
    My copy of Ghost
    Is in the post!

8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I’m loving the reviews Ghost of Tsushima has been getting. It sounds just like I was hoping. A Samurai AssCreed. LFG.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    for anyone interested, the closed/open beta dates for square's avengers game have been announced:

[​IMG]

release date remains 9/4.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah it looked exactly like the AC Japan game we've always wanted, only maybe a little better. I can't wait for Friday evening!

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    This is just your friendly reminder that Superhot: Mind Control Delete comes out tomorrow. And if you own Superhot on any platform already, you'll get Mind Control Delete for free. If you don't, go ahead and buy Superhot so you get both for the price of one, what are you doing?!

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The political thing was excluding them in the first place. They should have been in games as long as we've known they existed, because, you know, they exist. The fact that people kept them out of games . . . that was the political move.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So something has gone wrong with AC Odyssey today. I was playing the game when my power went out. When I tried to load back into the game it kept telling me I needed to download the DLCs to continue the game. Not only do I already have all the DLCs downloaded but I don’t know why it would say that before I’ve completed the game. I’ve already invested some 17 hours into the game but now I can’t find any way to load back in. I even tried loading an earlier save point but it still wouldn’t work. If my game progress is somehow lost I’ll be quite devastated. [face_dunno]

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Reinstall the game.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That did the trick! I had never encountered that problem before so I really had no clue what to do. Thanks a million!

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    You're welcome. Reinstalling fixes a lot of problems. :p

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Also, don't have power cuts. Ever.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    No Man's Sky has had a really bad run for me, with the last two updates really not being to my liking.

Then they dropped the Desolation update...

Damn, looks like I'm heading back to it.....

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Just purchased a hard copy of Ghost of Tsushima. Can’t wait to play it!

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I pre-ordered mine online and it should arrive tomorrow! Still have to finish Odyssey first but I’m really excited to get into this game!

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I will be playing GoT tomorrow after work and dinner. But I am annoyed that my nonworking bro gets to play at 11pm tonight :(

Jedi Ben and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I started Death Stranding

And..

Um...

I mean...

Jordan1Kenobi and heels1785 like this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Make sure to nab the mini soundtrack extra, it was more than I expected it to be. My game copy is in the post.
    How far are you in Odyssey? You can finish it fast, but it's the kind of game you don't want to.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Wow, my copy of Ghost has arrived.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Started watching this documentary gaming series on Amazon Prime called "Unlocked: The World of Games, Revealed" after just discovering it and thought it's pretty interesting. In the first episode three different celebrity hosts visit different locations to talk about gaming technology in the modern world. Sean Austin visits a game programming school in NYC and talks to the teachers there about what the students work on throughout their term. The dude who played Yondu in GOTG visits a motion capture studio in California where they demonstrate how modern games use that in a similar fashion as movies. And Zelda Williams, who's father Robin had said in an interview that she was named after the Nintendo Princess, visited a children's hospital in LA where a special charity works with the top video game companies to provide consoles and games to the kids getting treated inside hospitals. She talks to doctors who suggest the games not only keep their minds off of what's going on around them, but it helps in their coordination skills.

It's funny, I only discovered the show on a whim just doing a search of game documentaries available on Prime. I watched one episode of this other series where these guys just went around buying old games and peripherals at swap meets and was bored stiff.

Reynar_Tedros and solojones like this.