main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo The Darth Maul Cameo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth_Voider, May 23, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

EHT mod edit: Put tweet / image behind spoiler tags because of disallowed language.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
    Sudooku likes this.
  2. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    So Trevor bought the DVD just now. ;)

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    See above... posters are responsible for the language in their posts, even if they didn't type it themselves.

4. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    That’s what the Anthologies did for me - give exciting, feel good FAN moments such as the scenes with Vader and Maul. If they don’t make another Anthology (hopefully in the classic trilogy era), at least we’ll have Kenobi.

5. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    And I was assuming the tweeter was just lazy to rectify an error or he just forgot to type one word. I assumed it like what Thor told Thanos at Titan in IW: "Throw another moon at me and I'm gonna lose it."

For Frederik's native language isn't English either he may not have gotten the meaning just like me.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sudooku and christophero30 like this.
  7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Sith?:p

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Erkan12, PCCViking and EHT like this.
  8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yes, don't lose your Sith over it. ;)

9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Don't anger Maul, or the Sith will hit the fan. :p

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He who Sith's upon the spice throne controls the universe.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi Fred,

These are really exciting news. I hope this is not just a rumor. I really crave for a going on and wrapping up of that part of the SOLO film story. =P~

themoth likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Reliable source, but not confirmed.

Sudooku likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They went with this one:

“With the legs, through the research we did, he’d had been through two or three different pairs since losing his lower half. When he showed up in Clone Wars, he gets fixed up with a big pair of spider legs first, then after that he gets these sort of backwards-facing chicken legs, then normal straight legs. So we thought, ‘We’ve got the liberty to design his legs, because they’re not canon and set in stone at this time.’ Again, we did a lot of different leg designs, and maybe made him a bit taller or tried to bring character to his leg designs, I suppose. And then it was, how much of his leg design do you get to see in conjunction with his costume? Where does his costume end — at the waist or lower down? You don’t want to hide his legs too much, so costume had to get that right. It was an interesting process to find all these little things to get that right, really.

[​IMG]

“But back to the makeup design. Previously in The Phantom Menace, it was just painted on and the horns were just stuck on. For Solo
    we actually had prosthetics applied to his whole head. All the visible scars were actually slightly ridged, like there’s been a scarification. Very subtle but they made the difference between the red and the black ping out with this sort of little dropped shadow. Colin Jackman did the sculpt, and Martin Rezard and Waldo Mason did the application. Prior to painting, I had done a series of colorways in Photoshop, painting over Colin’s sculpt, experimenting with different levels of the red and the black. We got to this very dirty, sort of desaturated red, and the black had become a bluey-black. The tone of it, which you don’t really get to see in the film, unfortunately, was much more desaturated, with the tattoos faded and patchy.”

https://milnersblog.com/2018/09/24/reimagining-darth-maul-for-solo-star-wars-story/

BRE and Iron_lord like this.
  18. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    It’ll be interesting to see how a potential Maul standalone project (or Crimson Dawn-centered project) would pan out, especially given Ray Park’s recent controversy with his wife. (For those of you who don’t know, a sexual video was posted on his Instagram account that was rumored to be a jab at his wife for cheating on him. She’s denied it and said his account was just hacked, but he has yet to address it and has gone completely silent on social media since it happened.) Anyway, depending on what happens with that, I’m not sure what will happen with the project or if they’ll want Ray attached to the project. They might continue with it but opt to recast Maul. (Maybe Sam Witwer will take over the role in future live-action projects as well?)

Personally, I don’t know the whole story with Ray Park and his wife, but I had the privilege of meeting him at Celebration last year and he seemed like the nicest guy ever. I’ve heard so many wonderful things from other fans as well, so I sincerely hope some of the rumors about him and his personal life are nothing more than rumors. It would be a pretty massive letdown, especially because he’s someone that a lot of Star Wars fans admire and look up to.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I doubt Gina Carano got fired for deliberately posting a "sex pic"(topless photo) on Instagram(which was against their policy ) back in June, and she was defiant over them deleting it & she was actually hired at the time. Ray made a mistake, he didn't do it on purpose and its personal matter, his wife made the statements regarding that.

Am sure healing the damage with his family is more important to him than Hollywood ect. When the time is right he'll be back as Maul. This is the way.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    @Vorax

You don’t know if Ray Park “made a mistake.” I personally find it hard to believe (actually, almost impossible to believe) that he mistakenly posted that video, after having posted some very negative and related comments about a week earlier. How many times have you mistakenly posted hugely compromising, inappropriate sexual content on the largest social media platform? That stuff just doesn’t happen by accident.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  21. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Darth Maul - finally taken down from Crimson Dawn leadership, after he placed an inappropriate holovid of Qi'ra on the Holo-Net.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  22. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Ray definitely seems like a really nice guy. He's always struck me as genuine in his love for Star Wars, Maul and the fans.
    I'm not going to assume anything or speculate on the controversy, out of respect for the private nature of the matter (as well as the forum rules). I'm just going to say that he and the family are likely going through hell at the moment. Let's just hope that they'll all make it through in one piece - and that Ray will get to keep doing what he loves. Fingers crossed!

Oh, and on topic, I still like his scene in Solo :cool:[face_party]=D=

Sudooku likes this.
  23. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

New concept art of Maul.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022