main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Ghost of Tsushima

Discussion in 'Community' started by JEDI-SOLO, Jul 19, 2020.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    It really does need its own thread. Use spoiler tags for story bits. So pretty. Horrible 1st post but forgive me cause I’m walking around The Golden Forest while I type. Will edit stuff in later on. This is a blend of Ass Creed, Sekiro, Fallen Order with the freedom of Elder Scrolls and HZD in Japan. It’s been stellar. I love the npcs standing and bowing in honor. This game is on fire right now.

mods please fix if I messed up the gaming sub form on my phone here.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You had me at Ass Creed

4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Dammit I always forget I can’t edit 1st post or after 30 mins. Oh well we stuck with my rushed opening but yeah I love saying Ass Creed. Rolls right off the tongue right?

ha anyway I’m still on act 1 and I’m in no hurry...none at all. Just wandering around looking at the land getting in random sword fights and composing haikus! It’s brilliant!

Like I wanna go link thread and shout it out in other threads I visit I shan’t though. Sith is fantastic!

Darth Punk and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I shan’t play this Ass Creed game till this autumn

it looks amazing though

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't really link to it due to language but the Jimpressions video from Jim Sterling is well worth a watch, with several neat points in it.

starfish likes this.
  7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I think you can link stuff if you put a language warning in your post?

8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    that guy is a bit odd, but he generally has some pretty good takes

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I am six hours in and have hardly progressed the main story at all. I just love all the side stuff too much.

Unfortunately I can't play tonight because I am feeling sick :(

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Is there a game clock? Idk how long I’ve played these last 2 days but I’m not even concerned with the main story at present. I’m still on Act 1 and unlocking so many side quests just walking around.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I started it last night and got about 1.5 hours in maybe. I wouldn't have stopped playing, but it was 2am... I got to the Golden Forest (wow) and captured the first settlement, then ended it there.

Liking everything so far. The visuals are stunning. The gameplay is fun, but I'm still getting used to it. The dogs are annoying to fight. Will play heaps more today.

Jedi Daniel and JEDI-SOLO like this.
  12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No, I have a thing called Ps Time tracker to keep track..you add it as a PSN friend and every time you finish a play session it tells you how long it was and how long you have played that game total. That's the only way I know.

Jedi Ben and JEDI-SOLO like this.
  13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Never heard of it. Might look it up. Most I play have the clock in game standard built in.

And yes the Golden Forest is eye candy. Beautiful. It also convinced me that I won’t play in b&w anytime soon. I threw it on earlier today and just no...

Jedi Ben and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I get why they did Kurosawa mode, but it's so pretty in color that I don't think I would want to play that way. I have taken photos in BW though.

heels1785 and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I've been playing it for around 6 hours now, barely scratching the surface of Act 1. I'm doing lots of exploring though with a mix of missions. Attention to detail, the colours and the soundtrack are phenomenal. I've enjoyed just walking through The Golden Forest and exploring some of the shrines at the very top of mountains. Definitely my third favourite game of all time at this stage.

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Speaking of Golden Forest my 1st bug was there last night in a 3 way conversation just standing together and one person’s dialogue was so muted and wonky sounding my son and I looked at each and began to turn the volume up leaning closer to tv to figure out what they were saying. It was pretty frustrating as it was a tense moment that was totally ruined by the strain of trying to hear them. I hope it’s being reported and looked at cause I don’t want it happening again as I get further with other possible bugs like it.

I will also say FYI that what I thought was another bug is simply a fix in your options menu, that being if you are wearing you Japanese corona mask you need to click to show it in dialogue skits. That was driving me nuts not having it showing up.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Talking of Kurosawa mode, it may look great visually but the combat relies on colour - haven't got to it yet, but there's enemy blue attacks in addition to red.

heels1785 likes this.
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh see I was so happy that masks didn't show up in dialogue scenes :p

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Huh? Mask display on or off in cut-scenes has been a standard feature for years.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I wondered about this. Also there are other color clues... And wouldn't the constant wind make it hard to follow the guiding wind?

It's a cool thing to offer, but not the most practical.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Prepare to use y’all’s photo mode when you get round to anything Tadayori related. Oh my. Myth quest are awesome.

I do believe I’m wanting to murder a bird in Komatsu Forge area since it wants to guide me to an
    area next to a building that I’ve been in so many times with no sign of any life or spark in my head why it tells me go there. I’ve spent a long time there searching. So long that I begin to wonder if it a story block and not showing up till I progress. Anyway just not sure why it tells me to come there. Nothing there I see!

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Today's session included:
    • Taking out random mobs of 5-6 enemies in less than 30 seconds, if swords and shields; bit longer for spears, but they all ended the same - Jin was the last man standing.
    • Had a fight in a shipyard 8-on-1, it was over in an awesome couple of minutes.
    • As part of destroying that shipyard, also nailed 3-4 headshots on a group, with the third level bow.
    • Took over a lighthouse - involved killing a lot of Mongols.
    • Got a few upgrades - resolve, charms, bow, armour, sword.
    • Been un-fogging the map, rescuing peasants - and sometimes a successful standoff.
    • Pulling off a trio standoff is very, very epic - tricky, but very, very epic.
    • Still not got around to experimenting with bombs, killing with a katana is too much fun.
    Komatsu Forge is tied to a story quest - is deserted until you do the quest.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Well that explains that. I figured it maybe so after almost an hour of frustration last night ugh.

Im having so much damn fun!

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Having unlocked the bow and throwing knives last night, it's already made the gameplay a lot more fun.

Jedi Daniel and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am so glad to hear you are enjoying the bow more lately Ben. Sounds like you just needed to upgrade it.

I did some Ishikawa and Masato quests then some exploring tonight. I still have barely unfogged any of the map... Need to make my way further south.

Jedi Ben likes this.