main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Meadowlark[SW Fanfic Decathalon]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cowgirl Jedi 1701, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Welcome to the thread for my Star Wars Fanfic Decathalon!

Featured pairing: Poldo (Poe/Holdo)

With the exception of AU Archery, all of these stories exist in the same universe as my previous Poldo story, Love In The Country, which will probably be referenced, but shouldn't be required reading to understand these.

Index of stories (something new to me)

110 Word Hurdle: Choose The Rainbow
    Single Sentence Shotput: Beautiful Like The Rainbow
    400 Word Cross Country: Rescue Me
    4x100 Relay: The River

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Choose The Rainbow

The woman twirled a lock of pale yellow hair around her finger as she gazed pensively into the mirror, startling slightly as her young lover tiptoed up behind and wrapped his arms around her.

"Credit for your thoughts?" He murmured.

"I was thinking I wanted to change my hair again, and I'm trying to decide what to change it to."

"Are you taking suggestions?"

"I might be. Do you have any?"

He thought about all the colors he'd seen her hair since they'd met and smiled. "I like orange."

"Orange is good. Any particular kind?"

"How about something super bright this time? Neon orange?"

"Okay, Flyboy, neon orange it is."

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    AzureAngel2, brodiew, Kit' and 3 others like this.
  3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I guess good thing Holdo isn't wearing a flight suit, cause then it would have them same colour as her new hair. :)

4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    [face_laugh] I didn't think of that!

Also I can't believe I didn't say "watch thread" immediately when I made this! I knew I was forgetting something.

5. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Such a sweet moment! And those hair colors are beautiful. [face_love] Great start!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun start and I'm glad he didn't say hot pink! [face_rofl]

brodiew, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you.

I don't think she would have cared if he had. Her hair has probably been every color at least twice by now.

8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Beautiful Like A Rainbow

He couldn't help but think how fitting it was that her latest dye job was vibrant rainbow colors, as he stared adoringly into her eyes and said, with all the love in his heart, "I do."

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    brodiew, AzureAngel2, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweetness. =D=

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Aww, that's so sweet!

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you both.

I'd actually originally intended for this one to be something along the lines of a society/gossip column headline about their wedding, but then this happened, and it's so much better than my original plan!

12. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    OMG. That hair is stunning. [face_love]

And the story is gorgeous too! Such a sweet moment.

13. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    POLDO!!! (Does @brodiew know about this? [face_batting])

Oh but this crack!ship is the best thing to come out of the ST, hands down, and you really write these characters with fun and aplomb here! :D

And it's so, so fitting, you know, to match Poe and all. [face_mischief] Very clever and fun! If anyone can pull it off, Amilyn can. [face_love]

GAH! Perfect sentence is perfect. [face_love]

This is off to a great start, and I can't wait to read more. :D [face_dancing] =D=

14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you.

Well, you tagged them, so they probably do now. :D

Poldo is the crack ship we never knew we needed.

Any hair color or combination of hair colors you can think of, she can probably pull off. Say, doesn't Sabine Wren also have the habit of dyeing her hair a different color every other week? :sabine:

Thank you, and I'm excited to write more. :D

15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I love it when a plan comes together! ;)

You old teaser.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Kahara likes this.
  17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Rescue Me

As the Millennium Falcon departed Crait with the remainder of the Resistance aboard, Rey sat on a crate chatting with Leia. Suddenly, Poe slid down the ladder into the cargo hold, his feet thumping loudly on the deck plating.

"Chewie just picked up a signal from the battlefield wreckage. He thinks it might be an escape pod from the Raddus."

"And what do you think?" Leia asked him evenly.

"Well, it could be a First Order trap, but if it's authentic..... Your friend could still be alive."

"We should take a look." Leia turned to the young woman beside her. "Rey, you're a clever girl. I think you can handle this one."

Rey looked stunned for a moment, then seemed to decide that this was a time for action, not self doubt. "Okay. Finn, I want you to help the General move everyone in the lower cargo bay into the upper bay quickly, calmly, and be organized about it. Poe, suit up for vacuum and get down to the lower bay. Take R2 and BB-8 with you, don't forget a tether, and make sure you have your comms on. I'll be in the cockpit."

«««<<<<<o>>>>>»»»

A few minutes later, Poe and the two droids had successfully retrieved the pod and the bay had been repressurized. He looked at them and grinned. "Okay boys, this is it. Let's open this thing up."

R2-D2 extended an appendage to open the pod.

"No. Wait a second." Poe removed his helmet and combed his hair with his fingers, before striking a casually heroic pose. "Okay. Now open it."

A moment after the lid opened, Holdo sat up. "Flyboy. I should have known it would be you."

"And you are ever so welcome, my lady." He bowed slightly, gallantly offering his hand to help her out of the pod.

"Oh. My hero.", she deadpanned as she accepted the assistance and stood up.

"At your service, my lady." He released her hand and took a step back, bowing deeply with a flourish.

"Smartass."

He grinned cockily. "I know."

"Well at least you admit it."

"Hey, my smartassery is a skill that I have spent years perfecting. I am a professional smartass, thank you very much."

"Oh, I see.", she answered dryly.

"So Admiral," he teased, "now that you're back, what's the plan?"

"That's for me to know."

"But there is a plan?"

"Yes Flyboy, there's a plan."

18. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    As another professional smartarse I’m not sure it’s worth it. It’s a career path that’s gotten me into more trouble than out of it.

Great update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Heh heh, yeah. But that's part of his charm.

Kahara and Kit' like this.
  20. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    These are a fun bunch of stories! The more I read Poldo the more I need more Poldo [face_hypnotized] It must be Holdo's funky hair colors and bickering between her and Poe.

21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I mean, what else could it be, right? :p

AzureAngel2, gizkaspice and Kahara like this.
  22. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    The River

Part One: If Tomorrow Never Comes

Some nights, coming in late, finding her already lost in dreams, he'd turn out the light (left on for his benefit), and lie there in the dark, watching her sleep. And even though he told her, "I love you", every day, he would wonder then if he told her enough. What if something happened to him? She's need to face the world without him. The love he'd given her in the past, would it be enough to last, if tomorrow never came? He'd stroke her colorful hair, promising himself again to show her constantly how much she meant to him.

Part Two: She Came To Him One Evening

She came to him one evening, with a smile on her face and a cup of caf in her hand.

"Caf at this hour?" he teased good naturedly.

"Any time is a good time for some caf. I thought we agreed on that."

"We do." They both laughed.

Then he noticed. There was a difference in her laughter, a different look in her eyes. They were dark, hungry, and he was no stranger to the facts of life. He knew that hunger. When they came together it was like thunder & lightning, a hot storm of passion. Little sleep was had.

Part Three: When The Change Comes

He'd never seen her look so discouraged. Even her mint green hair seemed to hang limp in defeat.

"What are we even doing out here, Flyboy? What's the point of all this?"

"Think of all the people we're helping."

"Sure. Whenever we help one, billions more go unspoken for. What difference does it make?"

"It makes a lot of difference, to the ones we help."

"What about all the others, who need help and aren't getting it? It's like trying to stop a fire with the moisture from a kiss, or whispering a prayer in the fury of a storm. Pointless."

"Amilyn, if you're going to talk like that, you might as well say that love is pointless."

(She remembers over thirty years ago, on Yavin, when she donated nearly half her wardrobe, so the Ghost crew could have good clothes for a wedding.)

"No," she smiled, "love isn't pointless. Love is the point. It's everything."

"I'm glad you feel that way, because your love is everything to me."

"I know. Me too."

"You know, Amilyn, no matter how hopeless it looks, hope is never really gone, as long as one person still believes."

"Because fire starts with a spark."

I combined the part about friendship and charity into one double drabble, because there was nothing in the rules that said the chosen character(s) has to experience the different types of love one at a time.

Also my plot bunny apparently ate a Garth Brooks CD. I regret nothing.

23. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I have really enjoyed these cowgirl jedi 17 0 1. You have done the Poldo fandom justice.

I especially like this most recent set;the last of which gives Poe an opportunity to encourage Holdo when it is usually the other way around.

I also enjoyed the one about the retrieval of the escape pod.

Well done!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful range of moods =D=

25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    You found me! [face_laugh]

Thank you for the nice comments.