main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Sith-I-5 - Official Notice

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Some of you will know of the news from the Role Playing Resource that Sith-I-5 has passed away.

Whilst this was confirmed by Bravo, the Mod Squad will as a matter of course, in the absence of an official notice, allow a certain time period to pass to investigate such news. It is understood that since he last logged on here on the 4th July 2020, Sith-I-5 did not attend work, and in the absence of contact, the police attended his property. This was announced on Facebook, and reached the Forum as mentioned above. Now, we are placed to make the notice, and other parts of the forum will also do so, to write what will be, for all intents and purposes, an obituary for a beloved member of the RPF.

Some of you know Sith-I-5 as a poster not only in the RPF but also in Fanfic, the JCC, and the New Users social area. His focus in the JCC was on the Formula One discussions, and in Fanfic he both wrote and reviewed other writers. Here, he was a proflic player of games, including Paradoxical Echoes and Marvel Heroes. I myself knew Sith-I-5 from a meet back in 2009 with darthhelinith and DarthXan318, but actually rarely RP'd with him. I knew him as a Mod, reading along as I am want to do.

In light of the spontaneous outpouring in the Role Playing Resource area, we thought it appropriate to more formally update you all. In the current climate, community is more important than ever. This includes taking on-board when this happens, and ensuring that Sith-I-5 is not just remembered as his offline self, but also here, online, for as inseparable as the two of them are in reality, it is often that those bonds created in this virtual space are neglected. But as we have demonstrated recently, together we are at our strongest, and I would like to think Sith-I-5, who was on these forums for eighteen years, would be grateful for what he gave to us, and we gave to him.

https://boards.theforce.net/members/sith-i-5.709637/

I would link this should you wish to comment on his profile, or here.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank you @Sith-I-5 for being a constant and stabilizing presence in the RPF. You worked behind the scenes and kept us afloat when many of us didn't realize we needed a lifeline. So many stories have surfaced of your kindness and steadfast presence. We thank you dear friend, we celebrate you, and we shall never forget you. Rest, be at peace and say a warm hello to your Father for us. Blessed be your happy reunion.

You shall always be remembered here in the RPF.@};-

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Words can never say enough, so I will let our memories together and with others serve as the testimony of your greatness here within the RPF. A mighty wind has been taken from our sails within the RPF. However, it would be negligent of me, at least, to not boast of your kindness and impact behind the scenes over PM between us. Few will know, fewer still will understand, to know how good of a person you were to me, personally. And that, @Sith-I-5 , is greater than gold & riches.

I look forward to seeing you again. Rest in the Lord.

You will always be remembered. Always. @};-

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Sith-I-5 's cause of death has been confirmed. Please see the photo below. And yes, we're both named Jason in the real world, so don't get confused. I am in the process of trying to get a photo of our beloved friend and fellow RPer. I'm awaiting approval to share the photo from the person that put it on Facebook. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you @Bravo - this is horribly tragic and so very sad. I hope to the Stars he didn't suffer :(

Master_Rebado and Bravo like this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Me too. @};- He was alone when it happened, from what everyone can gather.

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I hope there is an after life, so he know how much us, and mostly you, will miss him [face_love]

Emperor Ferus, Ktala and Bravo like this.
  8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    There is. And I look forward to seeing him there. [face_praying]

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I look forward to meeting you both there! I believe there is...... ;)

Ktala, greyjedi125 and Bravo like this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thank you for letting us know, Bravo.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I got permission to share this photo of @Sith-I-5 . This was 1993. Also below is a shared post of a friend of his; it really struck a cord with me, because we see how involved & important Jason (Sith) was to early Star Wars. It was really moving to read it.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Rest in Paradise, Jason!

13. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Thank you, @Bravo

I know I am new here, but I knew Sith-I-5 from the fanfiction site, where he was also a much-loved presence. He was a prolific drabbler and incisive commenter on stories of others, but strangely I don't recall reading a finished story from him - he was always world-building and researching and creating; locations, species, cultures. It seemed like he was building up to an epic masterpiece and I am so sad to know now I'll never be able to read it.

I should also like to remember his humour. It is so hard to write truly funny, I never even try it. But it seemed to come effortlessly to Sith-I-5 and I admire his genius.

I am at a loss, though I do not pretend to have been his best or longest friend.

The world, and this little corner of it, is much poorer without him. But I join others in knowing he is somewhere better, making all the angels laugh now.

RIP Jason.

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hope it's OK if I post, too, since I'm not on this side of the boards much. I too knew @Sith-I-5 from the Fanfic Forum. I run a number of discussion/resource/challenge threads there (OC Revolution, OTP Thread, and Fanon Thread, among others), and he was always an active participant in challenges and discussions--he always really threw himself into everything he produced for those, even if some ended up being left unfinished (happens to us all, after all). He had his very own distinctive brand of whimsical humor that shone through in everything he wrote. And he always "did him," no matter what, with no regrets and no self-consciousness, and was proud of his work. That's something all of us fanfic writers can learn from! May his memory be for a blessing. @};-

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  15. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I remember him being the first to sign up in the very first game of mine. We were not on the same page about a lot of stuff, but while 99% of players would have left, he worked it out with me through a series of long discussions and we had lots of fun in the game as long as it lasted. Not many players make such an effort for a game they feel is not meeting their expectations. I appreciated this a lot. Ten years ago that was. I regret now I never again had a chance to play with him afterwards.

Rest In Peace Sith-I-5.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I learned about this yesterday and I had let @greyjedi125 know late that night (nearly midnight my time). After work now, here we go. @Sith-I-5 has been laid to rest and given his final farewell. He was given a full lightsaber honor guard per one of his closet friends on Facebook who attended the funeral.

[​IMG]

17. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank you @Bravo. It is clear that @Sith-I-5 was beloved by many and I really hope he was aware of that fact. As for me, I shall mark August10th in my calendar as a day to honor his memory. Thanks again for the news. :bluesaber::greensaber::redsaber::storm::r2h::c3po:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I too shall mark August 10th on my calendar. Thank you for sharing with us @Bravo

RIP @Sith-I-5. @};-

19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I'm a noob here in the Role Playing forums, but I did see @Sith-I-5 around the fanfic forums. He had a unique sense of humor, and his stories rarely failed to make me laugh. Most notably, to me anyway, he was the creator of an oddly popular Sith Lord named Darth Enemy, who got up to some truly hilarious shenanigans. Originally intended as a throwaway one-off, Darth Enemy later returned due to popular demand. Sadly, however, the passing of @Sith-I-5 also means the end of Darth Enemy. They will both be missed.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Glad he got a fitting send off, deserved in many ways...

21. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    I am coming to this thread late. When first news came to me of Sithy's passing I felt numb. The last we had messaged each other was in Spring.

What matters is the kindness, compassion, and support he had in abundance. So many have already attested to these qualities that were quintessentially Sithy, and now I know his name, Jason, I speak it aloud to myself and feel his loss anew. He was all this to me and more.

I would often leap to my computer each day to see what twists and antics he'd posted. I found I laughed more often than maybe he'd intended. He once told me, "People tell me how funny I am, but often, funny was not my intention." I was taken aback and worried I'd laughed out of turn.

Jason could be blunt, he could play hard, Yet, I found over time, he could be gentle and full of compassion. He was "all in" and he wrote his characters full throttle and could "slay" with his wit alone. He once wrote a pov post that showed my character in a vulnerable and foolhardy light. I laughed so hard and when I congratulated him, he said rather sheepishly, "I thought you'd be angry!" My response, "Who hasn't trailed a bit of toilet tissue on the bottom of their boot?!"

It wasn't that we kept in touch continuously-I took him for granted. I always thought he'd be around. Jason was so generous and so...so HIMSELF, it was hard to imagine we'd be without him.

Ever since I heard of his passing, I have shed tears. He was here for me when I dealt with a personal difficulty, was really down, and lost. I wish I could have given to him as much as he gave to me. I will remember Jason with deep fondness and as Anakin to Sithy's Yoda, "The proverbial tissue is still on the bottom of my proverbial boot, Master Yoda, for when I get all 'puffed.'"

Simply, I miss you Sithy, I will miss you, Jason, and you are loved!

Pash

22. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    May his memory be a blessing.

Bravo, greyjedi125 and Findswoman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.