main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Read & Review Tag Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by metophlus, Jul 28, 2015.

1. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Ok, read & reviewed. With an open offer to be a sounding board for finishing it up, let me know.

I haven’t quite finished the story (hope to get it out of my head onto computer soon, but Darth Real Life has been surprising me a lot lately); but this story hasn’t gotten any reviews or comments yet (besides the ones privately from @Findswoman as she beta-read it):
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/community-oc-revolution.50051661/

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'd be willing to R&R for one of you given that this stalled out a bit. OR, if you must know, I'm desperate for a R&R on Chapters 3, 4, or 5 of Doing Time at Family Video, A Stranger Things fic NSWFF. Each chapter is self contained. Let me know!

Does this challenge have a length limit? I confess to shying away from stories that are multi-chapter, especially it is a linear narrative. One or two chapters seems an appropriate investment for the challenge. Am I off base here?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hey there! I was just thinking about how much I miss this thread and would love to see it active again, and to that end I was wondering (since this post was from a while ago now): are you still in search of reviews on this story, or do you have another one you'd like to put forward for reviewing? I'm fine with taking a look either way--just wondered. Thanks! :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello Findswoman! I would love another review on this story.

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  6. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  7. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Tag!

Read & reviewed @Raissa Baiard 's A Different Side of You! Very sweet and funny, and I'm looking forward to more!

If anyone wants to tackle The Lands of the Dead, I would not mind at all. A lot of the other stuff I've been writing lately makes way more sense if you've read this one. It's long, dark, and angsty, (about 13,500 words, all in one post), so I'll also include a shorter option. Much shorter, actually. Where the Waves Shatter is less than 2,000 words. Still dark and angsty, though. :p

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  8. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Just read and reviewed @ViariSkywalker ’s amazing Lands of the Dead, and it’s true: it puts pretty much ALL her Chaos Twins work into very clear perspective. Besides being a true angst masterpiece! (Besides, well, yoicks, it’s been more than a year and a half since this thread’s last activity! Time to remedy that!)

For myself, I’d like to put forward my 2022 Autumn Bingo piece, Follow Me Home, featuring a grown-up Ezra returning to Lothal. Nice and short, perhaps something to help ease this thread back to life! :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  9. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Read and reviewed @Findswoman 's wonderful Follow Me Home, which was beautifully immersive and had themes of homecoming and memory perfect for saying farewell to one year and ringing in another!

Any comments on my latest Star Wars oneshot featuring Luke and Force Ghost Obi-Wan entitled Memory and Smoking Ash would be much appreciated@};-

Kahara, Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Thread necromancy ahoy! Let's see if we can revive this challenge.

Read and reviewed @devilinthedetails 's amazing Memory and Smoking Ash. If you haven't read it yet, you definitely should!

I'm offering my one-shot ‘She’ for whoever wants to go next. It's a longer vignette (approx. 5000 words) but it's split in several segments so reading it in sections shouldn't be a problem.

11. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, it's been quite a while, hasn't it! Let's see if we can revive this fun and encouraging challenge, shall we? :D

I just left a review on the delightful "She," which is the very beginning of a love story of two lovely and wholesome side characters from @Chyntuck 's Anánkeverse. [face_love]

And now, and now... I wonder if anyone might be game to tackle Book of Gand part 3, part 4, or even both? [face_batting] I know that is a tall order, given that they're continuations of a longer story, but, again, I can provide ebooks of earlier parts if it would help in terms of catching up. If it seems like too much, I am totally willing to negotiate something else; just ask. <3

12. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I left a review for part 4 of The Book of Gand. (And I also reviewed parts 1-3.)

And now, I would like to offer forth my own [19000+ words long, so I realize what I'm asking for here] story Heroes.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  13. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Read and reviewed Heroes, one of the three posts.

I would like to offer my latest work, Star Wars: Tides of Darkness for a read and review. I'd like a review of any given chapter. Thank you in advance.

14. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay, let's keep this thread going! I read and reviewed Tides of Darkness by @Theodore Hawkwood.

Now I'm offering If This Is a Man for whoever wants to go next. It's a multi-post short story (approx. 17,000 words) that I started way, way back in 2016 and finally completed thanks to WIP month this year, and I'm very proud of that. Don't panic at the size, I'm happy with a review for a single chapter.

15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    Mira_Jade , Kahara, Chyntuck and 3 others like this.
  16. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999