main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Who do you want to appear in the Kenobi show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We’ve already seen. I want new stories not retreds

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I want it to be really good story and character. No fan service necessary.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  3. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Let's have all the popular Star Wars characters appear. Who cares if we destroy canon of ANH. Lets have Obi-Wan being all badass Jedi and doing all these cool Jedi things with his lightsaber while drawing all sorts of attention to himself while he's a HERMIT IN HIDING WATCHING OVER LUKE. But eh the events of ROTS and ANH mean nothing as long as we get super super Jedi action and cool lightsaber and force stuff, huh?

Aah Fisto likes this.
  4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its a huge galaxy. Alot of stuff goes down in it. I ain't sure it matters all that much if Obi wan isn't constantly looking over his shoulder 24/7, He even sliced some ones arm off with a saber in episode 4 infront of many people.

There is room for freedom when it comes to what he can do. Aslong as its not conflicting too much with canon.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  5. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Exactly. It's a huge galaxy. There's more than the same 50 people everyone wants to be in every show. But hey, lets have those same 50 characters just all happen to find Obi-Wan on Tatooine, by accident of course, just so we can have cool cameos and cool Jedi stuff.

So it's OK as long as it's not too much? And what is too much? Where does that line get drawn? Maybe we can have Vader and Obi-Wan have a few warm up duels before the events of ANH? We'll edit Vader's line to, "A presence I've not felt since......last week." Or maybe it can be, "A presence I've felt a few dozen times since........" Because it only conflicts a little with canon.

If you were captured and the guy said they were going to cut off a finger. You'd be ok with that because it only conflicts with you using your hand a little bit? It's not like they're cutting off your whole hand. But then he decides to cut off another finger, but it doesn't completely conflict with you being able to use your hand. How about a third finger? Where do you draw the line before using your hand is conflicted enough for you?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    With new Maul scoops i say, MAul will be in this show like Anakin to haunt him with nightmares and dreams.

Erkan12 likes this.
  7. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Maybe Maul could appear in a flashback, if its not too conflicting with Canon though.

But then a line needs to be drawn somewhere when it comes to fan service.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I maybe one flashback and like Anakin he has pstd of Maul, like him killing Satine and Qui gon, and he sees visions of him like a ghost.

Erkan12 likes this.
  9. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    That sounds a little complicated. you probably don't wanna waste a small flashback worth on casting Satine for it. Its probably just easier to only make that move if you plan on doing something more with the actors and characters. and again there has to be a line drawn somewhere so its not Clone wars greatest hits or live action clip show.

I will say this though, even if that report is true that they plan on having Maul in other shows. they also have Cassian and possibly Lando to use Maul too. so Obi Wan may not count in that.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we could get small Maul cameo, just to show he still thinks of Maul in some way. I think the live action show's he'll appear in is, Lando, Cassian and others moving forward, not to mention he's animation return in bad batch.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Imagine if the show started with Obi-Wan carrying Maul's dead body and burying him in a grave. I'd love for Maul to be included in the show somehow, considering he was such an important part of Obi-Wan's life.

12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Thats way later in the timeline though

13. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Surprised we haven't heard anything about a Satine flashback yet.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if we get a brief background Easter egg in one of the episodes of a bootleg portrait of the Duchess hanging on one of the walls of Obi Wan's hut.

Just a little something for inevitable visual dictionary cash tie-in to include.

14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Really there is only so much they can put in this series. fans would love the show to be a huge clone wars easter egg of goodies.

Maybe there will be more than one series. might be better for stuff like that.

15. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I keep reading posts from so many on here wanting flashbacks for Satine, and Maul, and Anakin, and so on and so forth. Might as well just set the series in the Clone Wars era. Oh wait, we already had that. It was called the Clone Wars. If they need so many flashbacks to make this series watchable for everyone, then maybe they don't have a substantive story to tell? If they have to rely on constantly going back in time to tell a story, maybe they realized they have no story for a HERMIT whose sole purpose is to watch over Luke. The real question to be asked, whether it's this show or any other, is do we want a fresh original story, or do we want a parade of fan service cameos? This show is not an Anthology. It's not running concurrent to the existing timeline where you have a little more flexibility in the storytelling. This is the existing canon timeline, and this story is supposed to give details to this timeline It's not to make up a new super cool, George Lucas' Greatest Hits, nothing but fan service to satisfy your space boner story.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sir, this is a Wendys

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Well then, it seems as though it is settled. :)

I prefer Taco Bell, but Wendy's will suffice

18. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Like others have said, there needs to be a line drawn with the fan service. I’m just as much of a sucker for it as anyone else, but Disney is starting to take it too far, especially if all these rumored cameos in season 2 of The Mandalorian end up being accurate. That being said, I do think some cameos could make sense in the Kenobi series.

I feel like Owen, Beru and/or young Luke will more than likely make some sort of appearance, and I’d like to see (or hear) Qui-Gon in some capacity, too. I think it would be great if the show explored Obi-Wan’s discovery of how to manifest himself as a Force ghost with his old master’s help. As far as cameos go, that one seems like the most realistic one that they could pull off without it feeling like a cheap gimmick. I think Yoda and/or Vader could work, but they run a high risk of falling into gimmick territory, too.

Like others have said, the Star Wars galaxy is so vast and expansive. It would be great if Disney would stop gravitating toward the same characters and connecting all of them. I think most fans feel the same way. Especially with Ewan McGregor reprising his role as Obi-Wan in the lead role, I don’t see any reason for them to need a bunch of fan service-based cameos to make the show work.

19. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
  20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Porkins.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It may seem quite pedestrian to some, but I really want to see the Tusken Raiders given the same sort of treatment as the Mandalorian gave the Jawas. I want to learn more about them and see what makes them tick. I have a feeling we may end up getting a bit of that.

22. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Let's have Obi Wan visit a newly furbished Tosche Station while we're at it!

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder since this is a limited series we might get epilogue of Obi Wan as burry Maul and watch over Luke as a ghost.

24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    That would take away any chance to make a second series. which they may not have a plan for yet. but they may regret it if they didn't leave it open.

Personally i don't see them trying to cram a whole 19 years scenario in 6 episodes.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012