main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Othon

Othon Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2020
    You're right, completely missed that..
    [​IMG]

2. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Good eye there!
    I always thought it was water in the concept art, not sand, ha ha

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    It was just me speculating, lol.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That would certainly explain my lack of memory of a source.

Bor Mullet and Darkslayer like this.
  5. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    So with the Bad Batch getting their own series, do you think we will see some sort of integration with the Kashyyk arc?

THe bio said the show would be post ep3, but it must start somewhere right, so maybe they will use the Kashyyk arc and rewrite to coincide with RotS and continue from there?

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Corey from kessel run who first brouth the rumors of bad batch thinks dark disciple might get made as it is a demand for it.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I don’t what to say. I’m not holding my breath. The new bad batch announcement mentions the conclusion of the clone wars. I’m just happy that we got an announcement of an animated series coming out. It feels with the exception of the mandalorian, that Star Wars excels at animation. TCW, Rebels, and even Resistance are award winning shows. Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures has been very very good.

iPodwithnomusic and TadoFett like this.
  8. GeneralSkywalker501

GeneralSkywalker501 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 22, 2020
    We need the Kashyyyk arc to be the series opener for "Star Wars: The Bad Batch"!

Please it would be perfect! This was the last Bad Batch story from the Clone Wars.

I don't want them to retcon this story, there's no reason to. At least mention it if it doesn't appear, like how Matt Michnovetz referenced the "Siege of Mandalore" in "Rebels".

Matt Michnovetz and Brent Friedman were the two writers deeply involved with the Bad Batch in the Clone Wars, hopefully they are both heavily involved in the writing, they are very good!

9. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Guys, Brent Friedman retweeted a tweet talking about the possibly of putting the Kashyyyk arc in the "Bad Batch" show!

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I believe it will be but not in the way we want it....which is the four episode arc. It would be cool if they did that and then move on to the aftermath. I can only pray and hope. This is one arc I felt should have been included in season 7. Fingers crossed though. It would be cool to have that to open the animated series.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think Kashyyyk would make a great first arc actually. The first arc should take place parallel to SoM and RotS in my opinion. I don't think it'll be exactly like the original version in any case. I would say pilot but now looking back I have to wonder if the Bad Batch arc itself was secretly the pilot. Someone ought to ask point-blank if Brent Friedman and/or Matt Michnovetz have any involvement. I would feel more confident in a Bad Batch series with them than without. Not seen any TCW writers listed yet.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Othon

Othon Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2020
    I heard Rex will appear so that could open up the possibility of them repurposing the Top Clone arc with the super battle droid too. And if the Rebels sequel goes ahead and it's in the Unknown Regions they could always throw in an arc with the Vong. I could see some of these ideas showing up elsewhere.

On the subject of adapting arc ideas, Twilight of the Apprentice and World Between Worlds from Rebels seemed like they were taking elements from the Sith Shrine arc. Obviously there's the design of the Sith Temple on Malachor which I think Filoni confirmed was based on TCW designs for the Coruscant shrine, then there's Ahsoka blocking Sidious' attack in the World Between Worlds which is like when she's trying to protect the Holocron Vault. The Sith holocron Ezra and Maul find is used as a key to enter and activate the temple too so maybe Sidious' motivation in that arc was getting a holocron from the vault so he could unlock the shrines full power?

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    George Lucas still managing to put out Star Wars content 9 years after having sold the company would be quite the amusing story if the Kashyyyk arc does indeed get made.

Here's hoping!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  14. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    At this point, all I really want to see finished from the remaining arcs are Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir. I'd love to also get finished animation for the Utapau arc, but I'd be content with just these two. I think Kashyyyk can reasonably be worked into the Bad Batch series. Honestly, so could the Bounty Hunters / Boba Fett arc. Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir are really the only two missing pieces in the Clone Wars story. They're really essential to Maul and Ventress story arcs.

The Utapau arc is nice because it's the last real Obi-Wan and Anakin centered arc chronologically in the series. There are moments in later arcs, but it's really the only time Anakin directly discusses his feelings about Ahsoka leaving. Utapau was already in rough animation form like Bad Batch. It could be released as a standalone movie or something.

Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple could easily be released as standalone things without being directly under the Clone Wars series name as well. They could be put together as a movie or mini-series.

I have hope that they could someday see the light of day. Nothing was retconed by Siege of Mandalore. Rebellions are built on hope.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Speculation yes but nothing ever confirmed.

Darkslayer and TetsuAero like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So with Bad Batch confirmed what would you say is the chance of getting more of the lost arcs

17. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    I think it's more likely than it has ever been for awhile now with the announcement of "Bad Batch", but I don't think it'll be under the "Clone Wars" brand though.

I personally think we are getting the Kashyyyk arc with the "Bad Batch".

I also think we'll get a Boba Fett and Cad Bane (Bounty Hunters) TV show. This arc has full voice acting and animatics done, it would be a waste of money to not finish it. (Boba Fett sells, this could also be Dave Filoni's chance to make Cad Bane mainstream.)

Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir also seem very likely for a Disney+ movie or TV show. (Kessel Run Transmissions, the one who leaked Bad Batch thinks Dark Disciple is likely.)

The last thing I can think of getting finished is the "Crystal Crisis" arc. This arc can also be branded as a special Disney+ movie. The voice acting and animatics are already done, it would be a waste to not fully animate them, it wouldn't cost that much.

I don't really know about everything else. Rex and R2, Yuuzhan Vong, Sith Shrine, and Return to Mon Cala all seem like smaller scale stories they probably would rather not spend money on animating. The lore of this arcs would be awesome though, the Yuuzhan Vong and Sith Shrine would be interesting to learn about.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Darkslayer and SeparatistFan like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    From what they have told us I doubt we’ll ever see Boba vs Bane

19. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Why, did you get the source from Matt Martin?

I remember Matt said it's unlikely before, but when I tweeted the possibility of us seeing it finally, Matt liked the tweet. (This was last month, when I asked about "Serolonis".)

I don't thing Aurra Sing's death being retconned means much though, they could update the arc as they did with the Season 7 arcs.

Besides, why would they show us the Boba and Bane duel in 2017, then announce Clone Wars is returning in 2018? Usually they would keep this stuff behind closed doors.

Boba Fett sells to a general audience, his origin story of how he got the armor would make money.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Darkslayer and TetsuAero like this.
  20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    How about they produce a one-off standalone animated feature for Disney+ "Yoda and the Bad Batch - Mission to Kashyyyk". Release it prior to the actual Bad Batch Disney+ series as a lead-in to the series proper. You could equate it to Rebels where "Siege of Lothal" aired as a one-off movie in the summer prior to the actual Season 2 episodes which started in the fall of that year. They could have this arc be the full untold story arc from Clone Wars that picks up where the Bad Batch arc left off. This way when the actual Bad Batch full series starts, the actual series pilot can pick up after that arc with where Bad Batch were during Order 66 and what they were doing. I don't think you have to change the original Yoda on Kashyyyk Clone Wars arc to have it actually just be the scenes from Revenge of the Sith from different angles. The arc was supposed to reflect why Yoda had said "good relations i have with the Wookiees" prior to going there during ROTS. And it was supposed to focus more on the spiritual nature of the Wookiees, the planet, the creatures, and the spirits of nature. And it contrasted with the more practical mindset of the Bad Batch fighting the battle.

21. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    I agree, this arc was supposed to explain Yoda's good relations to the Wookiee's.

The spirituality of nature and trees would be awesome lore and worldbuilding to learn about Kashyyyk.

This arc being a one off Disney+ animated feature is a good idea, it's also good so a lot of the spirit of this story is not lost.

Besides I was afraid they'd cut Yoda from the arc to just focus on the Bad Batch.

Also I just realized in the "Bad Batch" show, we are going to probably see Echo's awesome new armor fully animated!!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Darkslayer and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean, dude's 875, his good relations don't necessarily have to have been established only during the Clone Wars.

23. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Plus, in Season 6 during the episode where Yoda had a vision of what the Jedi Temple would be like if there was no war, Dooku was telling a story about how Yoda and younger Dooku fought a giant Terentatak on Kashyyyk to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

This indicates Yoda was on Kashyyyk before and probably already formed an alliance with the Wookiees.

Darth Wookiee and cwustudent like this.
  24. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I'd think that arc will not only not be done but also won't be a part of their canon unlike Crystal Crisis which is at least released in some form. I suspect that Cad Bane will appear in live action at some point. There could even be some adaptation of the arc where it's at least used for inspiration towards a new story.

As interesting as the other unfinished arcs are those two are the only ones that are essential in terms of the overall series. As it stands by simply watching the series there is no resolution on Ventress' story and Maul's story has a massive gap from his being captured by Sidious to showing up in Siege of Mandalore. At least they were done in comic and book form but they should be done in some animated form even if it's some shortened movie form.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  25. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I am also of the mindset that Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir are the only arcs that need to be finished at this point. I think there's a good chance the Kashyyyk arc gets finished as a part of Bad Batch. The Boba & Bane story can be reused elsewhere. I'd love to see finished animation for Utapau, but it is unlikely. It's a shame they didn't just put Utapau in season 7 with Bad Batch, Walkabout, and Siege of Mandalore. I guess if they could have finished one more arc though, it probably would have been Son of Dathomir. The rest of the arcs, while they sound cool, were in really early stages of development and were not as central to the narrative. The Sith Shrine and Yuuzhan Vong stories could always be adapted in another point in the timeline. Parts of the Sith Shrine already seem to have been used for the World Between Worlds in Rebels.

I think there's a good chance they could release Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple as standalone stories. Either way, these are the only remaining arcs I think are absolutely essential to finish in animated form.