main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I might have got somewhere with Ni No Kuni if not for the goddamn Test of Friendship section.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Does that new Ghost of Tshushima game have a photo mode? If there was one thing I felt Final Fantasy VII Remake lacked it was a stacked photo mode like many adventure and RPG games (including FF XV) have these days. I mean I took decent enough pics just in the pause screen; but photo modes let you manipulate poses and expressions of the characters where you can make something really unique.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    yes, it does. a very good one.

solojones likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's strange that Square Enix left it off of FFVII Remake. I know some games have added it on months after release; but there hasn't really been a single update of FFVII Remake since its release way back in early Spring. The pandemic could have something to do with it; but I don't know how it's affected game companies in Japan.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It has a crazy good photo mode.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Doesn't it also extend to video / animation too?

7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The number of times in AC: Origins I accidentally went into photo-mode whilst scrabbling with my controller in boss-fights...

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  8. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I caved and got Ghosts of Tsushima today, mainly because Jim Sterling seemed to really enjoy it without any acrimony. (And anyone who has seen the video he put up yesterday knows that if he has any beef with anything, he's not shying away from letting people know about it right now.)

It also seems that Deadly Premonition 2 has already got a performance update, complete with Swery's promised rewrites. So I'll be downloading that today. Hopefully it'll make the game much more enjoyable.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, I know the ones you're referring to Chew.

10. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    As much as Deadly Premonition was a semi-enjoyable mess and probably the closest we'll ever get to a Twin Peaks video game ('close' being a relative term), I can't see myself putting up with it for a sequel.

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Hey friends, the wife is gonna be away for a few days, and I was thinking of picking up "The Last of Us Part II".

Without any spoilers,
    (a) It is worth $59.99 or should I wait until it drops $10 or more?
    (b) Is it a must play? -- My definition of a must play: God of War (PS4), All the Uncharted games, The Last of Us (original), Final Fantasy VII Remake

Thanks!

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I'd say it's worth the price. I don't consider it a "must play" in the sense that I don't think it's as good as the first game (still very good though). But if you consider the original to be a must play then you should still definitely check it out. I hope that makes sense. :p

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I have been simultaneously fascinated with and repulsed by Stephen's Sausage Roll since the very first time I heard the name. And I've now heard that Bennett Foddy, of all people, said it was as hard as Dark Souls.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  14. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I'd echo the "if you like the first one, probably" sentiment expressed by @Boba_Fett_2001. It's kind of a weird one, where I wouldn't be able to pin how anyone will feel about in advance, but I'll say that personally, despite rather hating about a third of the game, I don't regret buying it and I have been playing it quite a bit.

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I've never played Dark Souls but can confirm it's just as hard. :p It's definitely one of the most difficult puzzle games I've played but it's not impossible. I think I'm around halfway through it and have only had to look up hints/solutions for three or four of the levels. Then again, I think it depends how patient you are and how much time you want to sink into it. I've ran into the classic puzzle game scenario where a level looks pretty doable or straightforward and ends up taking like 45 minutes to solve followed up by another level that looks absolutely daunting and I solve it in 10. :oops:

Also how can anyone be repulsed by it when you have this menu screen??

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If you're going to drop $60, buy Ghost of Tsuschima.

solojones and TiniTinyTony like this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    "For $60 you could buy the objectively greatest game ever made in this or any universe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, for yourself and two friends," he said, leaning into the bit.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    As it was included in the PS Store's "Summer Sale" I decided to buy Final Fantasy XV's Episode Ardyn for $2.50. I've already played through the entire main game and all of the DLC episodes included in the Royal Edition. This other episode was really the only one left I hadn't touched. I'll probably get to it just as soon as I'm done playing the seemingly never-ending game that is Red Dead Redemption 2's Story Mode

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    There is so much good stuff in that sale, fortunately payday is next week.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    The Switch enhancements to Dragon Quest XI are coming to coming to PS4 and PC, with an Xbox port also announced.

Jedi Ben, Darth Guy and Ramza like this.
  22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Good, that was ridiculous.

Also always nice to see Horii, though I never expected to see him in an Xbox promo tell ya what.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    So I guess even Halo is joining the open-world design craze.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    (RE: Dragon Quest) Awesome. I was holding off on buying the Steam version because of this.

25. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Obsidian have announced a new game called Avowed, a first person fantasy RPG.

They really are working to steal Bethesda's lunch. (Not that I blame them.)

Ramza likes this.