main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Arri Alexa 6K with Hasselblad PrimeDNA lenses for main camera, and Alexa Mini with Zeiss Super Speed lenses as secondary.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Cool! Thanks a lot!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Solo finally freed from the clutches of Netflix hitting Disney plus tomorrow (and probably UltraHD and with extras) and it is also airing on Canada TV cable Showcase Saturday at 9. (They're actually doing a chronological order airing Marathon for once so starts on Friday night with Phantom Menace, Solo Sat @9 and then Rogue One afterwards. Also? The cable box rating gave Solo 4 stars out of 4! Rogue One and the TPM got 3)

PCCViking likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I like Solo, but the cable box rating is poodoo.

Sarge likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I never know who comes up with those ratings anyway ahah. Also does not that defeat the purpose of a cable box information guide which is supposed to be impartial!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Perhaps they can use that idea for the Disney Plus series....[face_praying]

8. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Solo made its TV debut tonight on TNT! I have been watching the entire movie once again, even though I have Disney+ haha. A truly great film that I really hope gets continued on Disney+.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  9. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Absolutely a great movie. I knew I’d enjoy it after the opening sequence.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The first time I watched Solo I didn't enjoy the opening sequence on Corellia at all, and it made me worried about the rest of the film. I did enjoy the rest though, and when I went back and saw it again, I really liked the opening. Funny how it can change like that.

I would really like to see more of Corellia in future movies/shows.

Merrin, Iron_lord and Darth Buzz like this.
  11. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Solo: A Star Wars Story will continue on Disney + as a series according to Jeremy “Manabyte” Conrad.

themoth likes this.
  12. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Best news in a long time if true. I can’t wait to see all these characters again. The cast for this movie was top of the line.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Kessel Run guys approves.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  15. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    The ending suggested he would perhaps run into Jabba - that would be grand. The good thing about Solo is that the story can move forward, whereas Rogue One has to go further back in time.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So with US TV programming taking the day off for reasons, Global TV in Canada is currently showing Solo: A Star Wars Story right now. Just about to hit the Train job scene!

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Usually I read the whole thread before posting but in this case maybe give me a break (read 100, 150, 200-215, 220-227).
    I loved this film and just wanted to see if anyones views have changed for the better or worse after last seeing it? It has stayed fairly consistent for me. I ranked it behind RO and TFA, but ahead of the other Disney movies. TROS may have an edge, it's close. I remember the buildup not starting until like April, we finally got a trailer, Dennys did a promotion, and a quiet Force Friday produced a nice set of 3.75 figures a week or five later. If you weren't big on TLJ and needed a dose of better SW, then this was it. If you couldn't get enough, this movie hit a sweet spot. Great characters, descent plot, ya the main villian wasnt Jabba or Boba, but there were a lot of surprises. They squeezed a lot of Han's important life events in one film. Too many? Maybe, but since many on these boards were thirsty for more I'd say I'm glad they filled it up with his dice, being a racer, losing a love one, Imperial cadet days, meeting Chewy, meeting Lando, meeting his Falcon, betrayed by friends, finding himself, becoming a pilot, making the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs, owning the Falcon.
    Hope to see more! (I know to post in another thread to talk about that).

Jedimarine, Sarge and AndyLGR like this.
  19. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Perspective is always good. Each viewing brings new perspective.

Personally...the fact that my nephew thinks this movie is "the best" is enough for me.

If I wanted the perfect Star Wars movie, I should've made it myself decades ago...with no money, skill, or contacts...it would've been epic!

20. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I watched it for the first time in over a year last night. I loved it when it cam out, like you I ranked it 3rd in my top three Disney SW films after RO and TFA. Now, I rank it second, it will never be better than RO, but it has surpassed TFA. Its a fantastic film! I love it more now than I did when it first came out.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I'm super disappointed Solo never got a follow-up film. It's a decent film. I think a sequel could have had a lot of potential. Seeing Solo work for Jabba would have been really. Plus I was dying to see what happened with Maul and Crimson Dawn.

Anyway, let's hope they make a Disney+ series or film. :han::chewie::lando:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  22. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Mod edit: Putting tweet in spoiler tags due to disallowed language

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2021
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Fair enough. Probably the most dubious decision in the film. Also, narratively, it contradicted Beckett’s little speech to Han about not trusting anyone. Why would he go on about that after someone sacrificed themselves to save him? It felt off. So not only was it a bad decision for the reason Thandie gave, but that bad decision was made even worse by its lack of value to the story. As she said, they were just trying to save time.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    wobbits, TCF-1138 , EHT and 1 other person like this.
  24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Beckett could've been emphasizing that to push away his grief. Like if someone breaks up with you, you say to yourself, "Well, I'm better off. It wouldn't have worked anyway."
    Besides, "Star Wars" subscribes to "The 'Star Trek' Rule of Character Death: Only Red Shirts from Security die without hope of resurrection. Anyone else may be brought back." Is she really dead?

25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    If Maul and Palpatine could return, then so could she. It depends if the plot demands it. :p

Kenneth Morgan likes this.