main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bust a Move - The Gentle Giant Mini-Bust Appreciate Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 14, 2011.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  2. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I was able to get that pre-ordered. Hope it comes out soon. I’m getting the regular version through my comic book store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Eh don't hold your breath w/ Covid and the fact that GG is usually really slow to ship stuff - maybe end of year if you're lucky

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  4. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    God, I hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks like it's open for international entries as well as US. I'm crap at photography and don;t have a decent camera but I know we have some talented folks in that area here. Let's see what you come up with! (If you want to post large images please use spoiler tags to hide them so the thread doesn't take forever to load).

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Err I'm not sure how to do that.

I'm so going to work on this.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There's a list of the BB Codes here.

For Spoiler (note - replace the {} with {} for the actual BB Code).
    Example:
    {SPOILER}Simple spoiler{/SPOILER}
    {SPOILER=Spoiler Title}Spoiler with a title{/SPOILER}
    Note that the Spoiler with a Title doesn't work on all devices.

For an image put the first Spoiler tag above and the second below.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    cathiecat likes this.
  10. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I like that Bespin Luke a lot!!

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That Dark Rey looks pretty good.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I do too!

She looks good. I'm glad to see that there are a couple of ROS busts coming. I'm hoping more will be on the way including a normal Rey.

I put the Anakin bust and Child Statue on pre-order. I need to sign up for Premium Guild. The busts don't excite me but I'd take the Jumbo General Calrissian as the gift.,

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Apparently they also previewed this Dr. Alpha mini-bust

[​IMG]

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum - rumors of an announcement on a new pre-order on Monday Aug 24.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My first GG Statue arrived this week. I got the Dreamer Rey TFA statue. I got the Premium Guild special edition w/ Rey wearing a helmet.

Statue is gorgeous! I'm pretty positive that I got the very first one of the exclusives - my edition tag I think shows that I have an Artist's Proof.

Statue comes w/ 2 heads for my edition - one w/ the helmet and one w/o. This was my first statue by GG - I have 2 more on pre-order and knowing now how amazing they are - I'm going to be tempted to get more.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regular Edition

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    New Busts for Pre-order:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ - First Order Stormtrooper Officer Mini Bust Set

Officer on deck! The First Order Stormtrooper Officer pulls rank as a 1/6 scale bust and comes with four interchangeable arms, including pistol, blaster and two different pauldrons! Each bust features detailed sculpting and paint applications and comes packaged in a full-color box with a certificate of authenticity. Designed and sculpted by Gentle Giant Ltd.! Limited to 500 pieces.

Includes:

• Stormtrooper Bust
    • Red officer pauldron right arm with pistol
    • Black officer pauldron right arm with blaster
    • Left arm with cupped hand
    • Left arm with fist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ - First Order Stormtrooper Mini Bust Set

It’s a first for the First Order! The First Order Stormtrooper makes its debut as a 1/6 scale bust with four interchangeable arms, including pistol, blaster and shield! Each bust features detailed sculpting and paint applications and comes packaged in a full-color box with a certificate of authenticity. Designed and sculpted by Gentle Giant Ltd.! Limited to 500 pieces.

Includes:

• Stormtrooper Bust
    • Right arm
    • Right blaster hand
    • Right pistol hand
    • Left arm with raised cupped hand
    • Left arm with shield

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ - First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Mini Bust Set

This is one super trooper! Combining all the accessories from the First Order Stormtrooper and Officer sets, this deluxe bust includes eight interchangeable arms, including officer pauldron, pistol, blaster and shield!

Each 1/6 scale bust features detailed sculpting and paint applications and comes packaged in a full-color box with a certificate of authenticity.

Designed and sculpted by Gentle Giant Ltd.!

Limited to 500 pieces.

Includes:

• Stormtrooper Bust
    • Red officer pauldron right arm with pistol
    • Black officer pauldron right arm with blaster
    • Left arm with cupped hand
    • Left arm with fist
    • Right arm
    • Right blaster hand
    • Right pistol hand
    • Left arm with raised cupped hand
    • Left arm with shield

[​IMG]

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Star Wars: The Mandalorian™ - The Child Legends in 3-Dimensions Bust

This half-scale portrait of the Child captures the co-star of the Star Wars™ series The Mandalorian™ at approximately 5 inches tall, atop a hover pram-shaped pedestal.

Limited to only 1,000 pieces, it comes packaged in a full-color box with a certificate of authenticity.

Designed by Joe Allard, sculpted by Jorge Santos Souza!

[​IMG]

Star Wars: The Mandalorian™ - The Child™ with Soup Milestone Statue

Soup's on! The Child sips from a tasty bowl of soup in this all-new Milestones statue based on one of the stars of The Mandalorian™!

Measuring approximately 8 inches tall, this half-scale statue is taken right from the episode where Din Djarin™ meets Cara Dune™, and the Child looks on as the two brawl it out.

Limited to only 5,000 pieces, this statue comes packaged in a full-color box with a certificate of authenticity.

Only available through Box Lunch and the Gentle Giant Ltd. Premier Guild!

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum has pics of the upcoming Doctor Aphra minibust. It should be up for pre-order around Oct 26.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That bust looks amazing.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Ahsoka statue arrived and she's great. Just got notice that my Animated Obi-Wan CW bust is charging on Friday!

I will say that they're doing pretty well at getting merchandise getting to the warehouses. Diamond Select's merger w/ them appears to have been a good thing for that.

I'm still trying to decide which PGM gift I want to order - the jumbo General Calrissian figure, Squid head MB, or The Armorer MB.

I put the C-3PO/Babu Frik MB on pre-order. I want the Assajj Ventress MB also.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Two new Mandalorian statues today

Star Wars: The Mandalorian™ - The Mandalorian & Child™ Milestone Statue
    The Mandalorian rockets into the sky, Child in hand, in this all-new Milestones statue based on the hit Disney+ TV series! Depicting the unlikely duo in flight, this 1/6 scale, approximately 16-inch statue is limited to only 1,000 pieces and comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.

[​IMG]

Star Wars: The Mandalorian™ - The Child™ with Pram Milestone Statue

When it comes to rides in The Mandalorian, there are none quite so classy as the Child’s pram. Grogu chills in style as he cruises along above the ground in his hovering baby carriage, and now you can enjoy the sleek design in this 1/6 scale statue! Measuring approximately 5.5 inches tall, this piece features detailed sculpting and paint applications and a clear support rod to mimic flight. Limited to only 3,000 pieces, it comes packaged in a full-color box with a certificate of authenticity.

[​IMG]

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Seriously Gentle Giant is killing me.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ - Ahsoka Tano™ Legends in 3-Dimensions Bust

She’s one of the most popular characters in Star Wars fandom, and now Ahsoka Tano is a Legend in 3D! This approximately 10-inch bust captures the Jedi Knight in 1:2 scale, atop a sculpted, lightsaber-inspired pedestal. Limited to only 1,000 pieces, she features detailed sculpting and paint applications, and comes packaged in a numbered, full-color box with a certificate of authenticity.

[​IMG]

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I want Ventress!!

cathiecat likes this.