main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Ghost of Tsushima

Discussion in 'Community' started by JEDI-SOLO, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Not a fan of that.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I like it as it sets the mood perfectly for the story. If you stray from your Samurai religion the overall mood of the game starts to feel darker, showing how Jin is changing. However, I much prefer playing in the day time during sunny weather, to get the most out of the beautiful environments.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's basically a covert form of guilt-tripping the player that I dislike.

Plus the game sets up scenarios where you do need to use the Ghost skills, like the hostage rescue - which you then get punished for with bad weather if you go Ghost route. It feels like a heavy handed form of moralising.

solojones likes this.
  4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Finally got on it this morning

Got to picking up my sword and taking out the first mongol.

Now I'm watching the football, I'll likely log on again later

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I have the Sakai Katana VI - it makes an incredible difference for killing enemies.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I did not notice that. Unlike Ben though, I love it now that I'm aware of it. It perfectly fits the mood and the setting -- it's the pathetic fallacy, and i've always enjoyed how that particular figurative tool helps characterize things.

Plus it suits me just well as I've been going for mostly samurai-style in my tactics.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm generally foregoing the stand-offs now, just go and run in then unleash hell.

Just did a quest to deal with ronin, across four fights they didn't get a hit in, Jin was the grim reaper.

Kubara region is gorgeous to explore too.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I sneak a lot, but the weather is no match for my flute changing it to sunny weather anyway :p

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I got a storm brewing!

10. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I've never noticed that but makes perfect sense because it's always dark and stormy. I only found out that the weather can be changed by playing the flute.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Anyone else been by Kashine Hills yet? I only thought Tadayori’s Rest was pretty..

This game has kicked off my Samurai crave. Watched half of Seven Samurai which I got admit so far I’ve found pretty boring.. now watching Last Samurai again and debating on rereading Sho Gun but even if I don’t do that I will rewatch the 80’s show.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You all are making me really hyped to start this game. I have to fight the urge to rush through Odyssey so I can play. :p

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I highly recommend the movie, 13 Assassins too.

3sm1r and solojones like this.
  14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Got the long bow last night. I'm going to finish a couple more side missions and then get back onto the main storyline with attacking the castle.

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I was gonna say, watch 13 Assassins for sure. It's the modern 7 Samurai.

3sm1r and Jedi Daniel like this.
  16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Will look it up. Watching Sho Gun now for a bit before I get back to killing invaders.

17. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    This amused me. Not a spoiler but since Reddit vids autoplay I wanted to avoid that.

Mia Mesharad and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    True that.

19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah. The stealth kills are part of the story, with the theme being the samurai were killed, and Jin needs to evolve otherwise he will join them and let evil win, honor or not.

20. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Attacked Castle Kaneda last night (Which was a lot of fun) and onto the second island. However, I want to get back to the first to finish a lot of the smaller missions and clear the rest of the fog.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    So I found this out myself, but once you clear out all of the enemy camps in an area, the fog on the map is lifted and you can see all the question marks you have left. So if that appeals to you, rather than putting on the traveler outfit and defogging the map yourself, maybe shoot for the enemy camps first.

Jedi Daniel and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Cleared most of the bottom island now, just have to move into the northwest and finish that off. I've now got Moon Stance too.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just realised the new patch for Ghost was definitely made for me!

"New accessibility options

Lower Intensity Combat

Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.

– Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.

– Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.

– Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal

Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted

Text changes

– Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled

– Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled

– New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green" (my italics)

I'm doing OK on the combat but am likely to need the stealth help.

Today's session? Took a couple of days out to play other stuff briefly.

Unfogged some of the map, killed a load of enemies, reclaimed the Sakai armour and got poison darts. Have done some more shrines too.

Game isn't without its flaws but its world design remains amazing.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I’m playing on the easy difficulty setting, and it’s hard to imagine the game being even less intense than it already is. Combat is a breeze.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It can be.... But only if you pay attention.