main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story The Curse-Breaker (Story for Summer Olympics Focusing on Bill Weasley)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by devilinthedetails , Jul 7, 2020.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Title: The Curse-Breaker

Fandom: Harry Potter

Characters: Bill Weasley; Fleur Delacour.

Genre: A variety.

Summary: A compilation of stories focusing on Bill Weasley written for the non-Star Wars Summer Olympics. An index of entries is found below.

Index:

Flower and Fang. 110 Word Hurdle. Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour. Romance; Hurt/Comfort. Post #2.

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Title: Flower and Fang

Genre: Romance; Hurt/Comfort.

Characters: Bill Weasley; Fleur Delacour.

Event: 110 Word Hurdle

Summary: Fleur and Bill are flower and fang, and there is healing in that.

Flower and Fang

Together they were Flower and Fang. He called her Flower because she made flowers bloom in his heart and her name, she had told him, meant “flower of the court” in French. He assured her that she was the only flower in his court, and she had laughed rich and warm as melted chocolate, tugging on the curved fang earring his mother hated so much and nicknaming him Fang in honor of his unique fashion sense that would never fly in Paris. After Grayback savaged him, marring his face beyond recognition, she stroked his cheek, promising that he was more her Fang than ever, and he felt his scars heal.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Lovely look at Bill and Fleur's relationship. @};-

devilinthedetails likes this.
  4. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @JediMaster_Jen Thank you so much for commenting! :)I'm so happy you found the first piece to be a lovely look at Bill and Fleur's relationship since I wanted to do it justice even in such a short amount of space. I hope this second piece can be a good way to explore Bill's role as an older brother.

Title: Promise of Help

Genre: Family; General.

Characters: Bill Weasley; Ron Weasley.

Event: 400 Word Cross Country.

Summary: Bill promises to help his youngest brother.

Promise of Help

“Why do we have to clean the shed?” Ron grumbled as he and Bill threw open the wooden doors to the ramshackle shed. The interior of the shed was even more poorly maintained than the crooked exterior. Inside, the shed looked like it hadn’t been cleaned since Bill’s birth. A protective layer of dirt and dust coating Dad’s motley assortment of Muggle rubbish made Bill’s nose twitch with a stifled sneeze.

“Because Mum wants us to clean it,” answered Bill dryly. He might’ve been about to get married and move into his own cottage along the seashore with Fleur, but he still wasn’t inclined to disregard orders from his mother, who could be more dangerous than many of the ancient Egyptian curses he’d been paid gold to break throughout his career at Gringotts.

“Yeah, but why does Mum want us to clean it?” Ron persisted even more irritably.

“Because I’m getting married soon in case you’ve forgotten.” Bill pulled out his wand.

“Are you getting married in the shed?” Ron rolled his eyes.

“It’d be rustically charming, but no.” Bill grinned. “Don’t worry, Ron. Cleaning the shed won’t be too bad now that you can use magic. You just need to say ‘Scourgify’ and watch the mess clean itself.”

As he said “Scourgify,” Bill flicked his wand and watched with some satisfaction as suds and water appeared out of thin air to begin scrubbing a mountain of Dad’s Muggle rubbish.

Ron mumbled something vaguely unpleasant under his breath but cast his own Scouring Charm over another filth-infested area of the shed.

“I’m glad Mum assigned us to clean the shed together.” Bill glanced at his youngest brother before he cast a Scouring Charm over an accumulation of broken Muggle objects Dad treasured more than money. “It would’ve been hard to speak with you alone about anything of importance without raising Mum’s suspicions, but I did hope to talk with you before you disappeared with Harry and Hermione as you’re planning.”

“I’m planning nothing,” Ron stuttered.

Ignoring the lie, Bill grasped Ron’s shoulders and put on his most serious big brother voice as he promised what help he could: “I won’t ask questions or stick my nose in where it’s not wanted. I just want you to know that if you or your friends ever need a safe spot, you can find it with Fleur and me at Shell Cottage.”

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Definitely best not to trifle with Molly Weasley. :D Bill is a good big brother. Great story!=D=

devilinthedetails likes this.
  6. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @JediMaster_Jen Thank you so much for commenting! :)I definitely agree that it's best not to trifle with Mrs. Weasley, and I'm so glad that you thought Bill came across as such a good big brother because the glimpses we got of him in the books made me think he was so I hoped to be able to show that side of him here. It was nice to write a story featuring these two Weasley brothers, so I'm so happy to hear you thought it was great.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020