main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Thanks queen KK.

Count Yubnub and K2771991 like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    First time seeing this - *insert Homer drooling photo*

Fingers and toes crossed this happens.

wobbits and K2771991 like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m waiting... [face_waiting]

starfish and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Boy, they really have a lot planned for Disney Plus if this Solo thing is true; sounds like a movie rather than a mini-series or show, which is a first for Disney Plus SW.

So here is a question for those who know a lot about movie production- in order to meet the deadline for making the next SW movie by 2023, what is the approximate deadline for actual shooting to start? I am thinking at least by the end of 2021, correct? Doesn't it take about 2 years minimum?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Generally, films are physically shot about one year before release, even "big" films. All the MCU films, for example, always start shooting about a year before. Although the SW films seem to be following the pattern of about a year and a half before release. So either early or mid 2022. So plenty of time still.

Darth Chiznuk and Lee_ like this.
  8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Thanks

9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    If new Star Wars films embrace the technology used in The Mandalorian (and there’s no reason why they shouldn’t), then potentially this could reduce post production considerably, and perhaps would avoid (or reduce) any requirement for shooting on location. It may reduce the scale somewhat, but it also makes live action films economically viable.

10. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    I'm sure there will be a handful of them initially. As the tech gets cheaper it will kill location shooting soon. Studios won't have to mess around with filming permits, hiring tons of crew, location scouting, location shooting,etc.

11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Interesting point, that technology could be helpful in the Corona age by decreasing the time needed for on-location shoots. Also, nice to see they are living up to the SW tradition of groundbreaking movie tech (or in this case TV show tech); chalk that one up for the Disney era along with Tarkin in R1.

12. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Lucasfilm probably wants a tv series for every segment of the SW fandom.

Bor Mullet and K2771991 like this.
  13. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. There definately could be an impact, but there are plenty of advantages to be gained from shooting on location, and I don't even mean for the film itself. If you can gain tax credits or other additional funding by going to a specific location, that is something Hollywood wouldn't want to lose. You have to keep in mind that Hollywood accounting prides itself on pretending that costs are high and income is low. That will always play a role when making a movie.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Which is probably a smart thing, everyone gets their own tiny thing and they are less likely to get all bent out of shape when something isn't what they wanted

15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    A TV series for every segment of the SW fandom, and then this for me

[​IMG]

Vohnkar, Bor Mullet, Krueger and 5 others like this.
  16. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    anything worth transcripting?

17. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    And a Star Wars exercise tv show on Disney+

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah just speculating on future movies, Tarkin's role in Cassian, the solo 2 series and what it means.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  20. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Well we see the actual formation of the Alliance in Rebels in Season 3, so the band definantly came together well before Scarif. When the civil war itself formally began is a bit difficult to pin down, but while it does seem to occur in R1 (as up until midway throught that movie their were peaple in the Rebel leadership, Mon Mothma included, who were still apparently favoring a peaceful, legal resolution to everything) the orginized Rebel Alliance and the Empire were already engaged in armed hostilties almost immedatly upon being formed and the proto-rebellion was openly fighting for several years prior to that.

But this is getting a bit off topic, and I don't want Pym to get mad and call me a nerd agian:p, so let's move on.

Good, that means not only does everyone get something, but we get like a trillon different Star Wars shows. Win, win and more win.

I'm right with you - I'm pretty diverse in what I like for Star Wars, so "let's make everything for everyone" is a net gain for me;)

Bor Mullet and Tython Awakening like this.
  21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

22. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Well, I suppose I asked for that...

Riv_Shiel and PymParticles like this.
  23. slapthebass77

slapthebass77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2017
    So what was the news dropping today? Casting for Kenobi?

24. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I'm tempted to think this image was photo shopped. I guess that actually happened...

Was Harrison Ford was photo shopped? George sitting next to KK...how often does that happen these days...

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He sits close to her during some shootings off Mandalorian. And this is the 40 celebration photo.