main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I thought Dark Disciple was done as a book?

2. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013

It was. But I don't think a novelization is sufficient. It's a crucial part of the story for Ventress. The vast majority of people don't read books / comics. I think Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir absolutely need to be animated.

3. GeneralSkywalker501

GeneralSkywalker501 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 22, 2020
    I’d also add the “Bounty Hunters” arc to the essential arcs to be finished.

Dark Disciple, Son of Dathomir, and Bounty Hunters are all character finale stories.

Bounty Hunters - The end of Cad Bane’s story helping Boba Fett in Clone Wars. (Bane doesn’t necessarily have to die if they want to retcon him to live.) Boba Fett grows up to continue the legacy of his father, and learns how to be a great Bounty Hunter. This arc is also the final culmination of all of the major Bounty Hunters from the series coming together for the first time. The story is also a nice lead in to Dark Disciple, as the Bounty Hunters return for that story.

Dark Disciple - The end of Asajj Ventress’s story. (She got robbed of a finale on-screen, even though she is a major character.) The book should be adapted so more people can see the end of Ventress’s story on-screen, it’s what the character deserves.

Son of Dathomir - Bridges the gap between Season 5 and 7 for where Darth Maul was when he captured by Darth Sidious. Darth Maul meets Count Dooku and General Grievous (This great fan-service would be beautiful on-screen! We got robbed!!!). Gar Saxon and Rook Kast get introduced. Mother Talzin’s story ends here. Once again, we need to see this on-screen so more people know what happened to Maul between seasons.

I may be biased, but I think the Bounty Hunters arc is the story I want to see the most! It sucks Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir are not seen on-screen, but at least they are fully produced in other material! We would have had a Boba Fett and Cad Bane story! LucasFilm please release the story reels, as a long time fan of both characters, this story getting forgotten hurts my soul the most!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Dave confirmed this to be the case. That seems to me if he ever were to make more, that would be the one he'd do first.
    That was literally only me. It appears I have started an entire rumor on my own [face_laugh]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    cwustudent and darkspine10 like this.
  5. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Hey guys, so this is slightly on topic of Clone Wars. Recently me and some of my buddies were thinking someone should create a mod in Battlefront 2 that replaces Boba Fett with young Boba.

Daniel Logan has a Cameo account, so we were thinking of maybe getting him to record all of Boba’s lines in the game.

His 2 appearances would be his red “Bounty” appearance, and then his other would be the green Mandalorian armor from Season 7 and 8.

Would anyone be interested in seeing this? I’ve been wanting to get him to record something since I heard he was on Cameo.

6. The Lonely Lizard

The Lonely Lizard Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2020
    That wasn’t so much a retcon, that was a reveal no one saw coming and more like an addition into the backstory of Darth Vader and Luke.

This is not like that. Maybe there’s a way that Bane/Boba, Yoda/Bad Batch/Kashhyyk, Rex/R2 and Yuzhan Vohng will be told, but not the Ahsoka Sith Shrine arc. Especially when the Tarkin novel makes it clear that the shrine isn’t known to anyone until the events of that book.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    For those still holding out hope for the bounty hunter arc, I got some spoilers from the new Light and Dark episode retelling book that might interest you.

The premise of Cad Bane's story is that he's back in the prison mess hall with Boba and Bossk, explaining why he couldn't pay them for helping with the riot. At the beginning Boba chides Bane for winding up right back in prison, and his daring impresses Bane, who thinks to himself that the "kid is all right." It's also revealed he owes Jango some favors. At the end of the story, he muses that with Jedi not playing fair anymore, he might as well hang up his blasters and ride out into the sunset, letting Boba take his place as the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. Instead, Boba and Bossk propose that Bane help them with their big escape plan. It ends with Bane thinking that Boba reminds him of himself in his younger days.

8. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    YEEEEAAAHHHH!!!! Boba Fett and Cad Bane arc is CANON (At least kind of...)

This is awesome to know! LucasFilm wouldn’t have let this be published if there wasn’t some truth to it, or if it was supposed to be retconned to hell and back.

This sets up the “Bounty Hunter“ arc nicely! Now we kind of know more to why Cad Bane was seemingly in a retiring position during the arc with him and Boba Fett.

Now if only these episodes get fully animated! I would prefer animation more than live-action, comic, or book form. (ALL OF THE VOICE ACTING IS DONE)

This story needs to be released (Either unfinished story reels, or full animation)

As awesome as getting Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir fully animated would be, at least they are available in some form! This arc is not available fully in any way!

This arc is crucial for the growth of Boba and Bane’s character, alongside the large cast of bounty hunters. This arc would be less expensive than Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple because there is no large-scale battles like those arcs.

Disney, LucasFilm, Dave Filoni PLEASE FINISH THIS STORY ARC!!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'd like to see a season 8 "The Lost Missions 2" with at least 4, 4 episode arcs . The Crystal Crisis, Sons of Dathomir, The Bad Batch/Wookiee Arc and the Bounty Hunter arc. They can then release that R2 D2 and Rex arc in comic book. That would be cool and probably the best send off of the series. The first one can be updated to reflect the deeper loss to Anakin after Ashoka left the order, the second one...needs no introduction. That one alone is massive. The third arc deals with Yoda the wookies and the bad batch. Just like Yoda opened the series he can have that closing type arc, and the bounty hunter arc.

One can only dream but the clone wars shouldn't be just left like that. A few more episodes for the fanbase is what is needed.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree.
    They wasted Season 7. When both the Bounty Hunter and Crystal Crisis arcs could've been in it. As for the Sons of Dathomir. Given that you were putting Maul in the finale, you needed that arc to explain how he went from being zapped by Palpatine to ending up on Mandalore.

The Bad Batch and urgh Mortez Sisters arcs were both pointless and unnecessary. They didn’t even add to the Mandalore arc.

Filoni said it was to set up Rex for Mandalore but Rex development was from the 5s Arc in S6 not this. The real reason was to set up the new Bad batch spin off nothing more.

As for Ahsoka and the Mortez sisters. You could probably have chopped that down to 2 episodes and not missed a beat storywise.

11. Arc_Trooper_27

Arc_Trooper_27 Jedi Padawan

Jun 8, 2018
    Dark Disciple was a great book, but Ventress deserves an animated end. She was created in animated, and she's one of the main character of this show and i love her as much as Ahsoka. I hope Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir will coming to our screens one day because for me we ve got the end for Ahsoka and Rex but not for Ventress and Maul. I'm so frustrated like all of clone wars fan, I've just seen S7 few days ago and it was amazing. The future of star wars is in animation, at least I hope :)

12. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
  13. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    This is not a drill, repeat this is not a drill!

Someone has animated the duel between Kenobi and Grievous in the Unfinished Utapau arc!

SPREAD THIS AROUND, LIKE AND COMMENT! We will NOT let the Clone Wars be forgotten!!!

#CompleteTheCloneWars

(...If I had to nitpick though, Obi-Wan shouldn’t have his Clone gauntlets, and Grievous would have his Episode 3 armor; I guess no one in the community has made their models yet...)

Anyway this guy should animate more scenes like the Ahsoka scene!!!

(We should also get in contact with this guy, his name is “lonnyanimates” on YouTube, his name on Reddit is “lonny_ani”, I saw his post on r/Prequelmemes

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2020
  14. Othon

Othon Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2020
    Just a theory but I think the Sith Shrine arc could've been a potential character finale for Barriss Offee. I can't see where else Barriss could've returned and it wouldn't have been as impactful if she came back and Ahsoka wasn't involved in the story. That arc is the only Ahsoka arc in TCW we haven't seen and it's shrouded in mystery, maybe that's why Filoni and co have been so tight lipped about Barriss' fate all these years? We know Sidious was involved in that arc too so he could've used a convicted Barriss as a pawn like he does.

"What happened to Barriss Offee?" Dave Filoni:"In the original script, she died. She blows up her own prison cell. I didn’t want that fate for Barriss, so I cut that part. I had plans for Barriss.”

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    And they blow you up! *boom*

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    weren't that scrapped though?

17. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Guys the name of the old miner guy from the unfinished Boba Fett vs Cad Bane arc is named Stim!
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer and darkspine10 like this.
  18. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Uhm... that is actually no confirmation that his name was Stim.
    There are three vastly diffferent men there, which most likely means three different workers.
    Stim could mean "Stim" workers.
    Or did the artist confirm it?

19. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Pretty sure it's just different designs for the same guy. They look way too similar to be different people, and the Stim name at the top makes little sense otherwise.

20. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Not necessarily, which makes a confirmation needed.
    Plus he has mixed concept arts for other things like the ball gowns.

21. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't think we don't need confirmation. There's no way that they designed three separate old mechanic characters who all look the same aside from the finer details. I mean, they even have the same mustache. Don't overthink it.

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Along with “Stim” (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Stim) theres a couple new pieces on information for the Boba Fett and Cad Bane arc someone posted on Wookieepedia! Sources are included on the pages:

(Production code episode 5.24) Concept art for a Mos Eisley building called “Minions Wreck and Wares”:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Minions_Wreck_and_Wares

(Production code episode 5.24) Concept art for a new droid named “Ruckle”:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ruckle

Also I still think Stim was a miner on Kessel, and Boba Fett started an insurrection to do the right thing. Kessel was supposed to appear in this arc:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    cwustudent and darkspine10 like this.
  23. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Yeah, it was me who made those articles 3 years ago. There´s a post in this topic as well :)

I don't think we don't need confirmation. There's no way that they designed three separate old mechanic characters who all look the same aside from the finer details. I mean, they even have the same mustache. Don't overthink it.

It´s not overthinking. It´s unfinished concept art.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  24. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Me myself, definitely the sith shrine story arc with Sidious and Ahsoka.

The cad bane one vs boba one is probably 2nd on my list.

I was hoping the sith shrine one would appear in the recent 'The stories of light and dark' novel but nope. :(

Darth Wookiee and darkspine10 like this.
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I merged these here.

Devizz likes this.