main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Uniform grazing should be 1 base, extremities 2 bases, torso/butt 3 bases, head 4 bases.

tom likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Scheduled double-headers with 7 inning games each; starting August 1st.

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Should done that to start with.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I’d cut them to five innings. A doubleheader would just be ten innings, basically a normal day for the position players, and it would give the starters a better chance at pitching a complete game, giving the bullpen a rest.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  5. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Umpires are bad enough at judgment calls, why ask them to make more of them?

Amazing.

6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    saw someone going to get AJ Pollock's home run in left field and thought it might be @DarthTunick but alas it was Baxter Bobcat

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Yes. :p

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    brewers/cardinals is postponed tonight, due to positive covid stuff. who gives a **** about st. louis, i know.

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I mean, even I don't want them to get sick with this ****

There's no way the season can go on like this is there?

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    easts/centrals/wests each all at one location, make it a bubble, everyone plays there. figure out the tv rights, playoffs all at one bubble site. it worked for the nwsl and is doing so for mls - nba has had success with testing numbers thusfar. way it's got to be for now - purists will hate it, but whatever.

or you could move all games to a more well-run country, like the nhl is doing.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah, if MLB wants to control this, they have to stop travelling. It introduces too much variance and risk to any bubble process. Not to mention, the people they are exposing who aren't professional athletes, but have to be there to assist with the games and such.

Put the west in LA and play the games at Dodger and Angels stadiums. Put the Central in Chicago and play them at Wrigley and New Comiskey. And put the east in NY and use Yankee and New Shea.

12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The players were all dead set against a bubble because they be gone too long from their families even though it's the only way it will really work. Have 4 bubbles each one using LA, Chicago, NYC and SF/Oakland because there are two stadiums at each place.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Gone too long from their families? How many of these professional players visit their families at least once a month during the typical 7-8 month baseball season?

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    If you guys could design your own baseball stadium for your own team (any team, even a fictional one), what would you do? Details? Fences? Roof? Seating? Gimmicks? Landmarks?

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Cushioned seats for every section of the stadium; only one ring of luxury suites, and of those, a few would allow smoking; NO Jumbotron marriage proposals; one flat fee for parking; beach ball giveaway nights!

16. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    A giant wiffleball in dead center and if someone hits it the game immediately switches to a wiffleball game

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i think, as part of any agreement, they'd have to shorten the schedule. if you're playing in two stadiums per bubble, you can still get four prime time slots per weekday, with ten teams per "region." mlb's focus would still be on visibility and maximizing tv dollars - if the alternative is no season at all, they might settle for this.

19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    coming soon : 3 inning Triple Headers

BigAl6ft6, Rew and Runjedirun like this.
  20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    9 one inning games. we'll knock out the season in a few weeks and everyone can get on with their lives.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is the most reasonable plan that has been presented.

#trusttheprocess

DarthIntegral likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Start the games with bases loaded and two out, to ensure they don't last too long

23. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm all for canceling the season at this point. This is in no way related to the Mets bullpen imploding again.

24. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    We could just cancel the Cardinals.

Oh and I guess the Marlins too.

25. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    :eek:

My brother texted me saying the game was insane. I was like huh? We were losing 10-2.

I mean, I did think of a brooks Conrad win over the reds type of thing tonight, but it was just a passing thought...

Absolutely stunning. I still can't understand comebacks in a way. I saw us winning 10-0 over the rockies only for them to beat us. It will never cease to amaze me.

Also, the Dansby Swanson Hair Appreciation Society should totally be a thing now considering how he's been playing.