main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Would Disney eventually make a (PG-13) Yuuzhan Vong movie or series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Durge27, Jun 9, 2020.

?

Would you like a (PG-13) version of Yuuzhan Vong on screen?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    47.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I'll do my best - it basically plays out over the course of 19 books. Essentially, in the distant past a sentient planet cut them off from their ability to access the Force in the Jedi sense (this ability was part of existing lore in the Legends continuity, albeit not on this scale). As a consequence, the Jedi are not able to sense them in the Force. The books are somewhat inconsistent as to what that means as far as the Force affecting them. However, over the course of the series a few Jedi do bond with Yuuzhan Vong technology, and do "bridge the gap" between their Force powers and the Yuuzhan Vong presence in the Force - and are able to sense them and impact them the way the would normal beings. The main character spends a significant of one of the books thinking about how the Yuuzhan Vong could exist outside the Force, and comes to the conclusion that they cannot and do not. This leads directly into him learning to sense the Yuuzhan Vong in the Force.

Bottom line: early books tease the idea that the existence of the Yuuzhan Vong could imply the Force is much smaller than previously believed, but in the end it really shows that it is far bigger than even the Jedi believe.

Wildcatbarry and Force Smuggler like this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Think electro-magnetic spectrum.
    We can't see Gamma Rays, Radio waves, etc. But with tools we can see them.
    Just like Anakin using a lambent Crystal in his lightsaber to sense the Yuuzhan Vong.
    Or Jacen and his slave seed to sense the Yuuzhan Vong.
    Or Tahiri using her shaping to sense the Yuuzhan Vong.
    And the Yuuzhan Vong's connection to Zonama Sekot harkens back to the symbiote circle Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were talking to Boss Nass with.
    There is more than Light and Dark.

3. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Absolutely!!! Some of the best characters come into their own as heroes. There is so much storyline, and the way they tie everything together. We get the "Lost Tribe of the Sith," Zonoma Sekot, Imperial Remnant and Republic working together. The Chiss involvement. I think Disney should do a Boba Fett movie about him not being able to return home because of Darth Caedus releasing the nano-killer bomb on Mandalore, then go back and do Yuuzhan Vong invasion as a live action T.V. series. He would tell about it in the movie, then we'd actually see it play out. Like Clone Wars. I'm soooo ready to see Corran Horn(best Jedi) in action. ...and "the Ganner!"

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  4. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    They could have done it after TLJ too. Have Supreme Kylo, have Resistance trying to get it's stuff together, have Hux contact Vong or whoever to help him overthrow Supreme Kylo. After all, FO spend decades in Unknown Regions so they must've had secret resources that weren't Palaptine's old SD BS. Boom, you have 3 sides:

Hux and part of FO loyal to him + Vong
    Supreme Kylo and his loyalists
    Resistance filling trying to fill in their ranks

second and third have to make an uneasy alliance against the first. You get material for more than 1 movie. Basically treat TFA and TLJ as a 2-parter and then continue with unspecified number of movies, as many as needed to tell the story.

Oh well. Not saying it would have been good but certainly different from Poor Man's ROTJ.

black_saber and Gallandro007 like this.
  5. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I think there are rumors that maybe Ran Johnson’s trilogy could actually be like New jedi order with yuuzhan vong vs Chriss in his trilogy.

Obviously it’s not going be like the books of the EU/legends. It would of course be a reboot.

But we still don’t know if Rian Johnson’s trilogy is going to be about or if it’s going to happen.

If his trilogy is going to be about the yuuzhan vong ,becomes successful it spans into multiple projects of more movies, tv shows, like Star Wars franchise within a franchise, count me in.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Durge27 likes this.
  6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I hope not, tbh.

I simply do not think that the Yuuzhan Vong are good villains.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Stupid concept, and stupid execution of that concept. Too simplistic and overwrought. Doesn’t comport with the complexity of the GFFA. They feel more He-Man or Power Rangers than Star Wars.

8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    They just don't have the "presence" that a Darth Vader or Emperor Palpatine would have.

9. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    The Yuuzhan Vong should be used in the inevitable animated series that links the OT to the ST. They would be a good villain for Luke, Han, Leia and the New Republic.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Mezhan Kwaad-Mad Scientist. That was fun. We need another mad scientist.
    Nom Anor-Trying to make his way to the top, or just survive by any means necessary.
    Czulkang Lah-Aged Warmaster that teaches new soldiers and has one last combat mission,
    Tsavong Lah-Berserker Commander.
    Onimi-Court Jester.

11. I am sure they will be in the Ezra/Thrawn new show but they will be called The Grysk instead

12. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Honestly, judging by the amount of EU material that's been repurposed for the new canon, not just for the relatively niche books and comics, but some of which is soon appearing in the wildly mainstream movies and Disney+ original series, including a crossover even between three series that's clearly leading to a confrontation with Thrawn, and a whole Rogue Squadron movie... I'm not so sure that the Yuuzhan Vong are off the table. I'm still not crazy about the way they're portrayed in the EU, but I wouldn't be opposed any longer to see a different take on them.

Jimbing likes this.
  14. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    Hmm... I’m not huge on the Vong as an overall concept, but there are interesting elements. I like the idea of the villains being disconnected from the force, but perhaps doing so through training a la Luke in TLJ rather than a “sentient planet” doing it for them would be a better story.

I’m simultaneously wary and intrigued by the idea of a hive mind species. It certainly runs the risk of not “feeling like Star Wars”, but if properly executed it could be interesting and refreshing. It has been done well in other stories in the past, notably Ender’s Game.

I’d need a good reason for them destroying planet after planet beyond simply evil for the sake of it, preferably it being the only way for their species to survive or something else that elicits just a slight twinge of sympathy for them.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    Jimbing likes this.
  15. Jimbing

Jimbing Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2020
    Anything is possible, especially with Taika Waititi