main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Poll: Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

1. Jyn Erso

16.7%
  2. Cassian Andor

13.8%
  3. Orson Krennic

9.2%
  4. Chirrut Îmwe

18.0%
  5. Baze Malbus

1.1%
  6. K-2SO

19.8%
  7. Bodhi Rook

3.5%
  8. Saw Gerrera

2.9%
  9. Admiral Raddus

3.7%
  10. Darth Vader

11.2%
  1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Favorite is stil Jyn Erso. She is more of Rey than Rey is. I don't hate the character of Rey, of course. I'm neutral or indifferent. Jyn is just great. She went through development, and she found her courage. She had a reason to hate the Rebels more than the Empire, and yet she realized that the Empire's weapon must be obliterated.

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    As a huge Vader fan, I really enjoyed the Vader scenes. Sure they were a bit fan servicey, but in a good way. The Vader bacta tank was both cool and sad. Love how he appeared first as a silhouette, worthy of his iconic status. I like how he actually showed restraint in contrast to Krennic. We saw the cerebral side of him in his talk with Krennic.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Honestly, outside of TESB, RO is it in term of big screen Vader. The huge silhouette on the wall as he walks towards Krennic is theatrical to the extreme, showing how he is a larger than life character and extremely intimidating.

4. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    My favourite character is the Imperial Officer who sounds like he is from my neck of the woods here in Lancashire. He's the one present when the Death Star fires on Jedha City who says

"Commence primary ignition"

He sounds as if he is from Bolton or somewhere like that. It's so funny to hear him on the Death Star of all places. lol

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Chirrut, I loved his use of the Force and his portrayal in general. I liked Cassian Andor, not sure if enough to be that enthusiastic about him having his own series, but in the film he was good. I also liked Saw Gerrera and Krennic.

The Vader cameo was, of course, the highlight but as others have mentioned, he's a returning character more than a new one.

6. Rebel on Toprawa

Rebel on Toprawa Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2020
    Jyn Erso/Felicity Jones is so adorable while at the same time being a likable bad-ass character. Rey on the other hand has this mean-spirited aura about her which is not very likable at all.

7. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Chirrut Îmwe: what a great character! He just stole the show IMO.
    His faith in the Force is truely moving, really.

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    As a huge Vader fan, obviously his scenes where a big highlight for me in a movie full of characters. Chirrut, Saw Gerrera and Galen Erso were really interesting to me (basically all the leads had something appealing about them) but I've recently found myself quite obsessed with Rogue One because of one specific: Tarkin, and his relationship with my favorite new character from the movie, Krennic. The tension and complexities of their collaboration were fantastic, and the incredible job I found both the animation team and Guy Henry did to bring the Grand Moff to the big screen once again was no doubt exhausting, but also full of love towards the franchise. It was great acting and animation, and also great writing of the character. It was such a joy to see Tarkin back in a prominent role in a Star Wars movie, to this day I find myself happy about it.

When one manages to introduce or deepen so many characters that one would really would like to know more about, like Romodi, Draven, Raddus, Erso´s scientists, Bor Gullet, etc, its seems safe to say that the movie made a conscious effort to expand the lore and bring us a deeper, more complex galaxy, and that's most appreciated...

BRE, Jarrus and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I went with Saw Guererra. Mostly for the TCW to live action transfer. But I really would've voted for either Mon Mothma or Tarkin if they were on the list. It was great to see Bail Organa too, but he didn't do enough for me to justify voting for him.

StardustSoldier likes this.
  10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm going with Two Tubes.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Vader was great, but James Earl Jones' age definitely shows with the voice performance. However, with Rogue One depicting Vader coming fresh out of his Bacta Tank, it could be easily explained in-universe that this affects his breathing and voice temporarily following each treatment.

My two favourite characters are probably Cassian Andor and K-2SO. I wouldn't normally vote for characters "from the ranks" (e.g. Finn and Poe) but I do like Cassian's "Mexican Revolutionary" vibe that comes from the casting of Luna, and his morally ambiguous methods.

I like K-2SO because of his sarcasm and voice intonation. His dialogue line delivery is just hilarious, Tudyk does a great job.

His best lines

"You did, but I thought it was boring, and you needed help"
    <BOOM> "You're right, I should just wait on the ship"
    "Quiet! And there's another one if you mouth off again!" (look at Diego Luna here desperately trying to cover a grin with his hand)
    "Not me. I can survive in space"
    "I'm sure there's one (a map) just lying around"

Cassian's repeated annoyance with him is also funny.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Which one? Edrio or Benthic? ;)

MotivateR5D4 and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Whichever one was the leader of the gang of mercenaries that took Bodhi in.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  14. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Krennic is my favourite imperial ever!

The clothing was awesome but wish we saw more of him.. Some one who actually stood up to Tarkin and didn't back down.

15. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Really close ballot between Chirrut and Jyn. Both likeable and my favorites. Chirrut for his candid remarks and Force sensitivity with humor, Jyn for her brash, cute but hardcore demeanor. The rest of the characters all stand put in their own way. I enjoyed each one evenly. The movie still holds up all these years. I'm looking forward to the Cassian Andor series.

16. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    A shame Baze has gotten the least amount of votes. Might not be the most complex character but I like his cynical and blunt personality. His small journey of coming back to believing in the Force through Chirrut's death was also quite touching.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve come around to considering him one of my favorites.

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Baze and Chirrut as a team are my favorites.

EHT, Bor Mullet, Sarge and 1 other person like this.
  19. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
  20. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    I voted for Cassian followed closely by Jyn and K2

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    After watching the movie again last night, my ranking is currently the following:

1. Jyn Erso (one of the strongest and best female characters in SW)
    2. K2SO (quite possibly my favorite droid in SW and that says a lot)
    3. Chirrut Imwe (loved him at first viewing, love him even more now)
    4. Galen Erso (he doesn't play much, but both the performance by Mikkelsen and the character are great)
    5. Director Krennic (he made me feel bad for him, and he is a total scumbag..... very well written)
    6. Admiral Raddus (I have an idea! Bonus points for being a calamari)
    7. Saw Guerrera (Liked him more in The Clone Wars, but I could see him becoming an extremist)
    8. Bodhi Rook (didn't like him much at first, but like him better with every viewing)
    9. Baze Malbus (I admit I like him mostly because I love Chirrut, and they make a great duo)
    10. Cassian Andor (don't agree with his selective ethics, least fav character by far)

22. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    At the risk of looking like this is deliberately to annoy you DarthFixxer (it isnt at all, please be assured) I will go with Cassian Andor. I like him exactly for the reason that he has been in the fight against tyranny since he was a small child, and it has hardened him into the consummate Rebel spy. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and embodies the idea that in war, hard decisions must be made, morals must be questioned and principles put to the test. I knew from his first appearance in that awesome Kafrene sequence, when he shoots the wounded contact in the back, that he was going to be one of my favourite characters. We hadnt really seen that before in Star Wars, a good guy doing some questionable things. His arc does have him soften somewhat after being with Jyn for a while, but I think that he is one of the best, most layered characters in any of the movies to date.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Why would I be annoyed? Have I ever shown anywhere that I am annoyed by other people's opinions when they don't try to convince me I am wrong and their interpretation is the right one? Never. I welcome different opinions. It's how we grow. I am an educator in profession, which means I love being wrong about things. Cause then I have learned something and I have become a better person than I was yesterday.

Cassian Andor is a lot of things, but he is not a good guy. And I don't think he claims he is a good guy or feels like one.
    Also, killing someone who is on your side in cold blood is hardly questionable. It's straight up evil. Even if necessary.

Interesting. That's the only part of the movie I actually tolerate him and even like him a bit. Why is soft bad? He finally shows humanity.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Lobot's Wig likes this.
  24. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    I was just in the anthology forum and was posting directly behind you in the fave character thread where you ahve Cassian at the bottom. After our recent exchange of views about Cassian. I didnt want to appear as if I was deliberately tyring to antagonize you, that's all.

What I meant was, in the context of the protagonists and antagonists serving the story, he is presented as protagonist on the side of the generally recognised "good" rebellion, as opposed to the "evil" empire. In Star Wars, the delineation between good and evil has been previously far more conspicuous. Not all killing is inherently evil (nor is it always murder) especially if necessary or in the defence of others. It was necessary for two reasons. One, the contact was wounded and could not escape from the alleyway. Cassian knew that he would be arrested and most likely interrogated or tortured by the Empire, which could lead to reason two, Cassian could not risk the Empire discovering that the rebellion knew about the death star. This would be tactically disastrous as it could lead the Empire to take the necessary security precautions or change their plans. It was questionable, but under the circumstances, justified for the greater good. I have said before, Rogue Ones main theme is sacrifice in my opinion. At what cost, freedom from tyranny?

With respect, I didnt say it was bad, just that he softens.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  25. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I think this is the only movie in the entire Star Wars franchise in which I actually like every character. Every character was well thought out, well written, and well acted. You can feel the chemistry, not only between the characters, but the actors as well. Chirrut is still my favorite. I still tear up a little when he dies. There's just something about him that makes you like him. Maybe the wry smile when we're first introduced to him on Jedah. Making the best of a bad situation, yet he always just seems cheerful. I wasn't too keen on Saw when I first saw RO, but the more I see it, the more he grows on me. Forest Whittaker is such a great actor, and he breathes so much life into Saw. Even though it's brief, you still get a look at how fractured his mind is. How years you fighting the good fight has radicalized him and taken its toll on him to the point of abject paranoia. Cassian is the perfect embodiment of the moral ambiguity that comes with waging war. You can see the struggle of when does doing what I'm ordered stop being doing what is right.