main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Dodger players on the field tonight wearing scarves to pull up over their faces

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Runner on second base if the game is still tied after the first (only?) inning.

vin likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    cardinals have multiple (4+) positive tests, game today will also be postponed. mix of players and staff.

4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    MLB investigating Marlins players were out at bars before COVID-19 outbreak:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-invest...rs-before-coronavirus-outbreak-224145396.html

Okay I admit I am built for quarantine life but is it really asking too much to simply stay away from bars and other high risk behaviors for a few months in exchange for playing a kid's game and get paid insane $$$? Or am I just a hermit as my wife puts it who doesn't get how many people need to be in mass gatherings & socialize???

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Maybe the Marlins should just be banned completely from the season; their fans won't miss them too much anyhow. The college football season starts soon, don't you know?

6. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    * Insert the obligatory “The Marlins have fans?” joke here*

The Cardinals news is pretty concerning to me, considering they played the Twins twice this week.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    wait say again what state the Marlins are from ?

:rolleyes:

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Just cancel the rest of the season already.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

As feckless as MLB can be, and as bull-headed as the players union is (i.e.: an MLB-bubble being completely out of the question for them... it's what should have happened), the irresponsibility of the Marlins and Cards can't be overlooked here. The current setup is clearly precarious (as, say, working at an essential business/taking public transit to get to & from there, for example), but it can work.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Let the Cards and Marlins play in their own league; and then the rest of the MLB teams can get on with routine protocols.

11. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    well hey it's only march and all this pandemic stuff just started. they don't know any better!

or else there's just a lot of Fox viewers on the Cards and Marlins

12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Me and my bestest travel buddy were just texting about how fed up we are with all this staying home last night, but neither of us has plans to travel or do anything besides essential errands until it's safe again. And we haven't seen each other since December. Last year we attended 4 concerts together in 4 different states so we are lovers of getting out, but we understand and we are doing our part. And you can bet neither of us makes close to $1 million. /rant

I noticed so many "sports are back" commercials when watching the NBA this weekend and they all mainly feature baseball. Baseball games are getting cancelled left and right. The next big sport is THE big sport (American Football) I think they should take their queue from the MLB and realize it'll never work. I wanted baseball to work, it's just not looking good. Not looking good.

Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Well so far both outbreaks have happened to players being really stupid and not following CDC guidelines for social distancing let alone what MLB is asking them to do once they leave the ballpark. Had both the Marlins and Cardinals followed MLB protocols for what to do once you leave the ballpark, there be no current outbreaks. Again I just don't get it at all especially obviously their teams will get whatever they need for when they are at home.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    @AutumnLight91 and I did last year, unfortunately. :(

The NBA says hello. I listened to an interview with one of the players talking about not seeing his wife for three months.

I didn’t get to watch last night. Just glad I have it DVR’ed. The social media feeds about it are insane.

Hermit here too, and same. Buy your own alcohol and get together with a couple of people who you know have been following precautions.

15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yep but the NBA players families @anakinfansince1983 are eventually coming as they move into the playoffs. They will quaratine for two weeks and then allowed to join the NBA bubble which is when they will allow be to hit Disney World before it's open and go on some rides particularly the ones not being used. Meanwhile the executive director of the NBAPA says the bubble sort of feels like a prison. Ummmmm okay tell you what I will go teach in the Disney World bubble for the next few months while you can run the NBA games at the high school I work at using our protocols. We have multiple full sized courts after all. Seriously WTH LOL!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  16. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018

Uh...I'm worried why

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've been going back and forth with my Mets fan friend about this. I could've sworn Cespedes was temporarily missing (having not reported to the team) several weeks ago when the season had just started; but she can't remember.

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    One thing I really appreciate about the Mets is their efficiency. Faced with a 60 game season, they've managed to pack bullpen meltdowns, terrible clutch hitting, ownership drama, and fights between front office and players into the span of a week. Truly remarkable.

19. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    You know your pitching staff is bad when it would be improved if we traded with the Nationals for this dude.:(
    [​IMG]

Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Not to mention disappearing players.

21. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i think it was a big blunder bringing in someone to do a first pitch with all that's going on

22. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    @AmazingB

So...good news is Cespedes is okay

Bad news is he's opting out of nowhere. Seemingly due to covid concerns...but is he really? For some reason it seems like he doesn't want to be there. Like I dont know if he hates the Mets or just doesn't want to play

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I should probably just keep this one file all season

[​IMG]

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I just wonder if some of these players who've opted out of the season for the COVID concerns was more because they just couldn't cope with the strict MLB rules such as not going out on the town and staying in your hotels during the road games. Obviously I'm not saying that's the reason that everyone would choose to opt out; but I don't think it's out of the question that a few of them just can't handle the isolation for these few months of the season.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  25. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    That's what I'm thinking honestly. They're used to, some of them, partying after. Now they can't.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.