main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Do we have any SFH Figuarts collectors here? I haven’t bought any of those figures before — I’m pretty devoted to the Black Series — but I’m contemplating picking up The Rise of Skywalker Rey, Crait Luke and/or Kylo Ren (I haven’t decided between The Last Jedi or The Rise of Skywalker yet). I have a few questions about them, though.

First of all, what are your general thoughts on the figures? I was thinking of putting Crait Luke on display with whatever Kylo figure I get, but I wanted to check here first. I think The Rise of Skywalker Kylo figure looks better in terms of its likeness to Adam Driver, but are there any differences between the torso/outfit on that and The Last Jedi Kylo? The only difference I can see between the two is the hair.

Secondly, I have The Rise of Skywalker Black Series Rey and The Last Jedi deluxe Black Series Kylo on display dueling each other, but I was going to buy the Figuarts Rey and put her on display with her hood up. Eventually, I’d like to get a custom yellow lightsaber for the figure, but for the time being, I’ll probably just stick with the blue saber she comes with. Anyway, I’ve seen some people talk about the weirdness of the hood accessory and how it includes part of her chest, too. It doesn’t seem to be that much of an issue in the pictures I’ve seen of the figure, but can anyone attest to this?

Any guidance I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I have one. I got the ANH Leia. The SH Figurarts figure is gorgeous. I wish I could afford more of them, but I really can't. They put (at least they human) Hasbro figures to shame. I'd post a photo but I can't seem to get into my photo library at the moment.

Trev Elyt likes this.
  3. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    No worries about the photo! I actually completely forgot I posted this, to be honest. [face_laugh] I went ahead and purchased The Rise of Skywalker Rey and Kylo Ren, as well as Crait Luke (I really didn’t have the money for any of them, but I splurged and bought them all anyway) and they’re GORGEOUS figures. I’m very happy with all three of them. I’m stopping myself there for right now, but if I decide to get more at any point, I think Leia from A New Hope would be one of the first I’d buy. The figure looks absolutely lovely, and I love that you can pose her with her hood up or down, which is something that most Leia figures are lacking entirely or are really bad at showcasing. Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it! :)

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah so her hood is something you put on under her head or you don't use it. I think she looks better w/o the hood. The molded hood doesn't really fit that well, it's probably the least exciting part of the figure since the top of the hood stands up over the top of her head.

Trev Elyt likes this.
  5. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    To be honest, I’m not entirely surprised. The hood on The Rise of Skywalker Rey is really weird because the top part of her chest is attached to it when you stick her head through it, so there’s a clear separation between the plastic used for her clothes and the plastic used for her chest/hood, and it just looks... off. I think I did the best job I could at making it look natural, but it’s definitely a weird design, and the hood was one of the biggest reasons why I purchased that particular figure.

That being said, I still think the Figuarts Leia from A New Hope is beautiful and has a better likeness to Carrie than the Black Series version (based on the photos I’ve seen), so I might have to check it out at some point. Thanks for the advice and information, though, I really appreciate it!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Happy to help! I really would love more of these figures - based on the 1 that I have they're just gorgeous. If only I had more money...

Trev Elyt likes this.
  7. chained_vulptex

chained_vulptex Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2020
    I wasn't sure where to post, so I'll ask here. Feel free to direct me to the correct place.

Can anyone reccommend any star wars videogames? For PS4 (or PS3, but mainly PS4). I have the LEGO games and I love the LEGO games, but what are my options for other games? I'd prefer single player story mode games, but I'm open to anything really. Just something that's easy to get into and has a nice play-again-factor.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The LEGO games are fun. I played SW Bounty Hunter on the PS2 when it came out and had a blast with that - I found many creative ways to die, mostly due to the jetpack (or lack thereof). It's single player and had no online playing - which I liked as I can die easily enough - no one has to help me along. Not sure if there is a version that will play on a newer PS though - you'd have to check.

Edit - apparently a version was released for PS4. (I thought so). You can see it here on Amazon.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    chained_vulptex likes this.
  9. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    I’m not a huge gamer, but I do play a lot of the Star Wars video games and the LEGO ones are some of my absolute favorites. I’m a big fan of the Battlefront games, too. I pretty much exclusively play Battlefront II (the EA one from 2017). It has a single player campaign mode that is pretty good, and it gives you the option to play single player offline modes as troopers and heroes/villains, although I mostly do the online stuff. I would highly recommend it. There’s no story mode for the first EA Battlefront (2015), but there are quite a few single player options with that one from what I remember, and I really enjoyed that one, too.

10. chained_vulptex

chained_vulptex Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2020
    Ooohhh, I'll look into it! I've heard about Battlefront, but I assumed it was only multiplayer (but I see now that there's one that's only multiplayer!)

Trev Elyt likes this.
  11. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    Yeah, both EA Battlefront games have lots of single-player options, so I would highly recommend them both! :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    chained_vulptex likes this.
  12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Not sure if this 100% the right place to ask, but have a burning question: For any collectors of the De Agostini line of diecast model ships, can the ships in question be dethatched from their stands? I've been scouring for evidence either way, but found inconsistent answers. If the stands are moulded to the ships, then that's too bad, I hate when they have that, but if they're like the Black Series or Titanium range then I might look into acquiring some.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Didn't collect those, I'm afraid. I have the Fett helmet that they did and the Fact File issues though.

14. OCD_Chad

OCD_Chad Jedi Knight

May 12, 2017
    I'm not collecting, but trying to get toys for a 5 year old. Where the hell are all the vehicles? He's wanted an AT-AT for a long time but it's been 10 years since the last play set one. Sorting by vehicles on Hasbropulse gets only 3 results: Vintage Slave 1, Black Series Snowspeeder, and the Vintage Troop Transport. The Snowspeeder is 6 inch scale so that wouldn't go with anything he already has.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Have you tried Amazon or eBay? Entertainment Earth is also worth a try. Brian's Toys might be worth a shot but they can be expensive. Both are US-based. Note that the usual caveats apply on Amazon if you buy from a marketplace seller - check feedback. If the item is 'fulfilled by Amazon' then they will have it and ship it.

Edit - if these toys are for a 5 YO look for loose figures as well as boxed if you go for Brian's Toys or eBay - loose will normally be less expensive. However make sure the set is complete.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  16. OCD_Chad

OCD_Chad Jedi Knight

May 12, 2017
    I know I can get some of it from third parties, my complaint is about why this stuff isn't being made by Hasbro so we don't have to pay hundreds of dollars on the aftermarket.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  17. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2021
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I know I don't. Hopefully someone here does. You could also try looking in the Rebelscum Photo Archive section to see if they have any. (You don't need to log in to look).

ClunkerSlim likes this.
  19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Re: Star Wars The Black Series Force FX Lightsabers
    1) Stands: I acquired a used Darth Vader lightsaber as a gift, but it didn't include the plastic curved stand. I have one for my Luke lightsaber, it's not the greatest, but any idea where I could possible get one?

2) Batteries. I was thinking it would be cool to have a battery pack with a wire that plugs into a wall outlet and get the lightsaber to run off that instead of standard batteries. Any recommendations?

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    On the stand, you could try emailing the company's customer service dept to see if they sell them separately. Alternatively you could see if Brians Toys has them. They sell stuff like replacement replica weaponry so they might do stands. (They are a bit expensive but I've ordered stuff from that in the past without problems.) You could also check eBay on the off chance someone has one for sale.
    Not sure on the battery pack, however.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  21. Power of the Dark Side

Power of the Dark Side Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2023
    So I was thinking of trying one of the Lego for Adults Star Wars kits. Any kit in particular anyone would recommend?

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm not into he Lego so I'm the wrong person to ask. Hopefully someone with more know;edge will chime in here.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Pick out one at the store that you like and is within your budget? There are all sorts of different Legos you can pick from. Pick one that calls out to you that would make you happy displaying it.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you haven't done Lego before I'd go for something fairly simple.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    FYI I see no reason to change the thread name. Boring people get buildings named after them, awesome people get threads. ;)
    I'm a little late but I have a ton of experience with LEGOs. Like PLJ said go for what looks interesting to you. Those sets do get very pricey, and the larger sets can take a long bit to assemble, your UCS Millennium Falcons, Star Destroyers, etc., so take those factors into consideration when making selections. The big ship ones also tend not to be great for play, just display.