main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh I feel it too. Michael Lorenzen is shaping up to be the next JJ Hoover if he doesn't throw those Vans away or something.

No one in the thread is going to get that comparison but I don't care.

Except dp will probably google them both to see if they're exploitable FA picks.

heels1785 , Juliet316 and tom like this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Most of those runs are in the 9th inning just to make it even worse, though somehow they've managed to keep winning.

heels1785 and Luke02 like this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    And Cody Allen @cubman987 IMHO will not be the answer either. I guess Ross will just keep trying different arms in the 9th in the hopes one of them catches on or Kimbrel somehow finds it again.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Does anybody think any of the managers that are on losing skids this year will get a reprieve this year due to how this year's been with COVID?

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Cole is the product of a poor rotation?

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Yahoo is reporting that 7 Cardinals players have tested positive for COVID.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Do you understand what the words product and rotation mean?

Pitchers aren't the product of rotations, rotations are the sum of starting pitchers. Rotations don't make pitchers, pitchers make rotations. Rotation means there's more than one. You have to include Paxton's 13.50 ERA and Happ's 9.00.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    heels1785 likes this.
  10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh and no, it is not funny seeing him there. The poor guy needs to be left alone as has been his wish ever since 2003.

Rew, BigAl6ft6, MotivateR5D4 and 3 others like this.
  11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

Another update from the Juliet News Network. :p

It's going to be a mess for all involved to get some of those games back in (I can't imagine they'd cancel them all), but that's what they get for not having a bubble for this season.

12. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    difficult to say. managers are fired for no particular reason

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Two weeks into the season is already a good time to measure how well a team's rotation will be through the end of the season?

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    It doesn't claim to measure how good a team's rotation will be through the end of the season, it shows where they are right now.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeesh, Mike Soroka just destroyed his Achilles.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've noticed the Braves don't do the Chop anymore during rallies (at least during the times I've flipped on their home games against the Mets so far this season). Is that a product of there not being fans in the stands or more because of the outcry on sports teams offending Native Americans?

17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Cards pitcher Ryan Helsley, who is a member of the Cherokee nation, took exception to it during last year's playoffs, so the Braves started phasing it out. Stopped playing the music, stopped handing out foam tomahawks, etc. I'm guessing it won't make a comeback.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh the weather out here is frightful in the NY metropolitan region with Isaiah (sp) coming through; but it's supposed to be clearing up completely by late afternoon/early evening. As Michael says, by the fallacy of the predetermined outcome, who could've guessed the Phillies and Yanks would've probably been able to play this evening at The Stadium without issue? Two things about tomorrow's DH in Philly will be strange. The first of course will be the 7-inning game each. The second would be that the Yankees would be the "home" team for the first game; even though it's being played in Philadelphia.

The more you know.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That 30 For 30 they made about him was really depressing to watch. And that last footnote that he declined to be involved in it just sealed it in regards to how bad it must have been for him.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    My brother was at that game at Wrigley; sitting maybe four or five rows from where Bartman was (my brother's a Mets fan who lives in Wisconsin but goes to concerts and sporting events in Chicago throughout the year). Contrary to what the documentary portrayed, my brother felt as if he was literally the only person in Chicago at that time who actually did feel sorry for Bartman; at least from his perspective.

23. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    From what I can recall, I think they actually managed to interview a few people who were sitting close to him, who did bring in a new perspective that it wasn't his fault. Even a new camera angle was uncovered that showed that it wasn't. A security guard was interviewed as well who was also in agreement that it was completely unfair to Bartman. The documentary was very much on Bartman's side. And the fact that he still refused to be involved with it just shows how much it had to have impacted him. They even said that Bartman has been offered large sums of money to be interviewed about it that he has turned down.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    My cousin in law (wife's cousin) worked right next to Steve when that all happened. Him and his wife are not Cubs fans (not baseball fans really) so they went to the movies that night and all they knew was the Cubs lost late. He went into work the next morning ready to tell Steve sorry they lost since he knew he was a diehard Cub fan. He was brought into a meeting immediately before he could put his coffee down and was told not to speak to the press, do not make any public statements about what happened or about Steve etc. My cousin in law said he sat there dumbfounded for over an hour as he kept asking what happened. Finally someone handed him a paper during another meeting and was flabbergasted. He has not spoken or heard from Steve either since before Game 6 even though they sat next each other everyday at work for a few years. Just tells how much one moment in time changed someone's life.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    My cousin's sister's brother is Steve Bartman himself and he said he was treated very fairly.