main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond the Saga A Sea of Time (Fanfiction Summer Olympics) Rey/Poe Triathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Jul 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: A Sea of Time (Fanfic Summer Olympics)

Summary: Rey and Poe realize that after a long war, in which time always seemed to be running out, now time is all they have.

Timeframe: post-Rise of Skywalker

Characters: Rey Skywalker, Poe Dameron

Disclaimer: George Lucas created Star Wars. Star Wars, LucasFilm Ltd. and all its content are currently owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company.

Note: For the Fanfiction Summer Olympics I decided to try my hand at a triathlon featuring the couple of Rey Skywalker and Poe Dameron.

Index:
    A Sea of Time: All We Have
    A Sea of Time: Time is Sorrow

///////////////

400 Word Cross Country: All We Have

Rey didn’t know how long she’d been standing there; time passed unnoticed now, like the desert sand spilled through her calloused fingers. The second of Tatooine’s twin suns was nearly dipped below the horizon, leaving the sky awash in gorgeous hues of red, yellow and purple. The blazing heat had begun to recede.

“How long do you plan to stand out here?” Poe asked as he came to stand beside her.

Rey merely shrugged her shoulders. “It’s beautiful. I could watch for hours. It’s so…this place reminds me of Jakku, yet it’s different as well.”

“Why are we on Tatooine?” came his next soft question, somehow sensing that there was a definite purpose to their destination.

She turned to face him. “This is where Master Sky…Luke was raised. He lived here on this moisture farm with his aunt and uncle.”

Poe nodded. “I know, but where are we here?”

“I came here to bury their lightsabers,” she said quietly. “To put the past to rest so that I, so that we can move forward.”

With understanding in his dark eyes, he carefully reached out and took her small hand in his and laced their fingers together. Her eyes looked down at their entwined digits and smiled softly.

“We should probably head inside,” she told him. “I read that the desert can be a dangerous place at night.”

They climbed the ramp, BB-8 following behind. As they reached the main hold, Rey sat down while Poe retrieved a bottle of Corellian whiskey that Han Solo had left behind. He poured two glasses and sat down across from her.

“Why did you want to come with me?” she suddenly questioned him, causing the normally unshakable pilot to tremble slightly and blush.

“Well, I…you see…” he stammered. “I like you, and I…thought maybe…”

Rey didn’t speak; couldn’t find her voice to provide any kind of response to his baffling admission. Just as she was about to, she watched the man move from his seat to the space directly beside her; so close she could smell the cologne he wore and the whiskey on his breath.

She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by the gentle press of his lips against hers. Her eyes fluttered shut just as he pulled back.

“What about Zorii?” she inquired breathlessly. “Tell me about her.”

“There isn’t time,” he replied.

“Time is all we have.”

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  2. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Yay for a Rey/Poe triathlon! I like how they go together to Tatooine--interesting twist here.
    He's got that part right for sure ;)

Looking forward where you take this.

Kahara and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    ThT was really sweet and adorable. Loved the kiss at the end too.

gizkaspice and Kahara like this.
  4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Nice scene :)
    Rey/Poe are defenetly a pairing I would prefer over what we got instead.

Kahara and gizkaspice like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb moment of sharing & serenity.

Kahara likes this.
  6. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Hopefully, Poe will make the time. :) We'll see. That might be a different story altogether. Thanks so much for reading.

So glad you liked it. :D

LOL! I can live with what we got; not a huge fan though. But something in the way they looked at each other at the end of TLJ just captured my imagination. :D

Oh, thank you!:D Glad you enjoyed it.

/////

110 Word Hurdle: Time is Sorrow

Time was a fickle friend. Just when you thought you had plenty, it suddenly ran out; turned from friend to foe in one painful moment. It stretched farther than the eye could see just as the vast oceans of Mon Cala where they now stood.

Tears coursed down her cheeks. His eyes were bloodshot.

“Lando said it…it was quick.”

Her shoulder shook under the weight of her grief.

His hands were fists.

Her head bowed in sadness.

“Why? They had so much to do with their lives.”

His arms wrapped around her waist tightly. All the time in the galaxy would never be enough to say goodbye to their friends.

Kahara likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Heart-tugging and glad they can comfort one another

Kahara likes this.
  8. Child_of_a_Jedi

Child_of_a_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2015
    Glad you jumped the Reylo ship, Mom![face_laugh] Loving this look at Rey and Poe.

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    All we Have - I enjoyed this one. He wants her to explain in the first part and she is baffled by his admission and wants and explanation from him in the second part.

Time is Sorrrow - I'm confused about what has happened here, but that doesn't stop me from feeling the weight of Rey's loss. Well done, Jen, in so few words. Was it Finn?

I look forward to more.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Now, Son, you know I still enjoy Reylo. ;)

Perhaps in another story, sometime, they'll both get those explanations. :D Thanks for reading. More on the way!

///////////////

Prime Time Coverage: A Time For Reckoning

“This is where you want to take our honeymoon?” Poe asked skeptically as they landed the Falcon on the rocky surface of Exegol.

Rey chuckled as she cut the engines and powered down the shup. “Sure. It will be fun. We can hike and go rock climbing and…”

He reached out and took her hand in his. “Why are we really here? It’s not for hiking and rock climbing.”

Rey sighed deeply. “Something…so many things happened to me here. I didn’t have time then to try an understand them, but…now I do and I need to understand.”

“What things?” he asked as they headed down the ramp and towards the Sith Citadel.

“Just…answers,” she told him. “Answers to why my…my father wasn’t what Palpatine wanted him to be; why he was discarded. I need to know why Ben…”

“I knew him, you know,” Poe suddenly mentioned casually.

Rey turned to face her husband. “Knew who?”

Poe kicked at the dirt with the toe of his boot. “Kylo Ren, but…before. When he was still Ben Solo, I knew him. My…my mother was a friend of Luke’s. I met Ben a few times.”

“You never told me that before,” she remarked as they entered the darkness of the Citadel.

He shrugged. “I just never…it was hard on Leia, so I never talked about Ben. It was always Kylo Ren. It seemed easier to separate them…him as if he were two people.”

Rey was silent as they walked past fallen pillars, crawling over the shocking amount of debris that had been littered about after she and Ben had destroyed her grandfather.

“Anyway, I knew him when he was a little kid,” he finished.

“What was he like?” she wondered then.

Poe shrugged. “Typical kid, I guess. Like me; curious, energetic. I’m only three years old than him.”

When she again didn’t respond, he looked over at her. Her eyes were glued to the cloning chambers; some still filled with unmatured clones of the once again deceased emperor.

“Hey,” Poe called as he reached out and took her hand. “They’re all dead. They can’t hurt you now.”

Rey swallowed deeply. “I know.”

The pair continued to walk around the throne room slowly, taking in the scenes of destruction. Poe wondered what had happened between his wife and Palpatine but he was hesitant to ask.

“Here it is! Rey exclaimed.

“What?” he questioned as he went to stand behind her. “What is that?”

She shook her head. “I’m…not really sure, actually. I saw it briefly when…when Ben and I were facing Palpatine. It was perched on the throne.”

Poe reached out and took the book from her hands. It was filled with page after page of information on cloning.

“He wrote it all down,” Poe muttered. “Or someone did, anyway. All of the Sith secrets.”

Rey grinned. “Maybe we can use…what’s wrong?”

Poe handed her the book. “Look at the last page, it’s…it’s about your…your parents.”

Rey grabbed it from his hands. She flipped to the last page and ecstatic tears drained rom her eyes. She looked up at Poe who was smiling back at her.

“They’re alive!” she exclaimed. “My parents, they’re alive!”

“I thought Ochi killed them,” he remarked with a shake of his head.

“I did, too,” she told him. “I have to find them. They’re out there somewhere.”

Poe pulled her into a hug; he could feel the adrenalin and excitement running through her body as she digested the fact that her parents were still alive despite all evidence to the contrary.

“We’ll fine them,” he promised her. “We will, but…can we have our honeymoon first?”

Rey laughed, a true boisterous laugh; the first he had ever heard from her in all the years they’d known each other. She was so encouraged and hopeful and full of desire to find her parents that he was reluctant to give voice to his own thoughts regarding their seeming survival.

Why hadn’t they come back for their daughter.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Mistress_Renata and Mira_Jade like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So poignant about separating Ben from Kylo into "two". [face_thinking] Very heartening news about Rey's parents.

12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Wow! This was a really interesting idea for a triathlon - and a pairing that I hadn't considered beforehand. My only complaint is that there is only three of these and that they're done. ;)

This whole scene was gorgeous! I really appreciate how the theme of time worked with the end of an era, so to speak, and the beginning of a new one. All with the sun setting and Rey looking back on where she's come from right before a new possibility opens up before her. I really appreciate all of the symbolism and imagery you worked in here! It's really impressive.

Beautifully expressed. [face_love]

Aw! Just too endearing for words to see the likes of Poe tongue tied over a girl he likes. [face_love]

Isn't that the truth? [face_mischief]

This was a great start to your collection!

Oh ouch. =(( This one packed quite the punch. I, like brodie, would love to know the rest of this story eventually. [face_thinking]

This was really poignant - for both Poe and Rey to look back on the people they lost. And for Rey to have such a new possibility opening up before her! I too am curious why her parents never reunited with their daughter, especially now, and would again love to read more of this story as you are inspired to tell it.

This was a great addition to the Summer Olympics! Thank you for sharing. :D =D=