main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Multi-Fiction Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 24, 2020.

1. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Just judge. The worst he can do is ignore you.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    you are hereby given official unofficial guest judging rights to render officially unofficial judgments

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    My picks are the exact opposite of whatever dp picks.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Works for me. @DarthIntegral -- tie break, please. Go.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Bombaata vs. Perry the Platypus TRUMPED with Aegis
    The bigger they are, the harder they fall. He's the platypus version of Batman; super skilled, super smart, with a bunch of gadgets. Probably doesn't even need the extra help from Aegis.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace vs. Drax TRUMPED with Puss in Boots
    As silly as the cute kitty face argument may seem, mnjedi has a point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've literally never seen any of Puss' opponents ignore the face. If trained knights and guards fall for it, why would Kara be any different? Heck, even Shrek fell for it. Then there's the fact that both Puss and Drax are master swordsman.
    If Drax has managed the art of invisibility, then it's an absolute stomp, but as far as I'm aware he hasn't, so that's something to keep in mind for next time.

Magnum PI (PREPARED) vs. Lando Clarissian
    A charming mustache vs. a prepared charming mustache. Pretty straight forward to me.

-

Batman WITH PREP CONSULTATION FROM Sherlock Holmes vs. Cara Dune
    I mean come on, it's Batman. Cara has no chance. However, I don't know what the prep consultation will add? Bruce and Sherlock are both pretty up themselves and would probably start an argument on who has the better plan. So that prep time is wasted. But it doesn't make a difference in the end.

Maui vs. Mac and Charlie WITH PREP CONSULTATION FROM Harry Dresden
    What can I say except Maui wins.

Aang vs. Rolan of Gilead
    She's right, Rolan has already fought and beaten someone with similar powers to Aang. In fact, Walter is probably even better than B-movie Aang. Rolan will line up some ridiculous shot that Floyd Lawton couldn't even pull off, and take Aang down, stopping him from ever getting a sequel.

-

Selene vs. Scooby-Doo and Bill Nye
    Scooby-Doo, the greatest animal detective and monster hunter in history... against a vampire? With the genius that is Bill Nye? I can see why Lloyd's argument wasn't challenged.

Yi vs. Drunk Superman
    Drunk = angry and unpredictable. Angry and unpredictable Superman = God tier superhero level.

James Bond WITH PREP CONSULTATION FROM Alpha One vs. Kazaam
    I would've really liked to see an argument made for James Bond. I just don't see how the world's best spy will stop an all-powerful genie. However I do know that it wouldn't be from a rap battle.

@cubman987 @DarthIntegral @dp4m

mnjedi and LloydChristmas like this.
  6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Evergreen post

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Unless Kazaam is trumped, isn’t he confined to his boombox? How do genies work in this thread?

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't know. I just figured with prep consultation, a Bond would tell him how terrible he is as a movie and a character and Shaq would be character and cry, forfeiting the match

9. a star war

May 4, 2016
  10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Here are the ones I'll make @DarthIntegral decide (agreeing with Jordan on the rest):

I'm going with Lando over Magnum....very close but I just fee like Lando gets an advantage coming from a universe with space wizards and aliens and such. Honestly I'd rather have a Lando and Magnum team up than a battle.

If it's really a singing/dance off then Mac and Charlie hands down. If it's a fight.....I'm pretty sure Charlie can't die much in the same way the Keith Richards can't and eventually Mac and Charlie would drive Maui insane....so Mac and Charlie.

Just for this alone I'm going with Bond and Alpha and half tempted to vote against you in all of your matches. Clearly the gatekeepers in the Power Rangers fan base aren't doing their jobs.

DarthIntegral and LloydChristmas like this.
  11. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Reason will prevail!

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... have you met us?

FatBurt likes this.
  13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    To be FAIR Inty listed him as "Alpha One" not Alpha 5 which is what triggered the Google search. More fuel to your rivalry.

Like the entire plot of the movie is him escaping the boombox to become a free "djinn" which he does at the film's climax.

I suggest you go watch Kazaam to refresh yourself and also as punishment.

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    HA! You underestimate the ear worm ability that Maui's catchy tunes carry. I dare you not to get "You're Welcome" stuck in your head. What songs do Mac and Charlie have that can last as long?

I guarantee by the end of the match, both Mac and Charlie would be singing You're Welcome and be unable to get it out of their heads.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  15. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012

You're welcome.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  16. a star war

May 4, 2016
    What song does Charlie have? You're telling me you haven't spent days on end singing "Dayman! AhAHahhhhh!"?

cubman987 likes this.
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Keep in mind, I have toddlers. So, think about the argument you make being “the song really gets stuck in your head” and if that helps your cause

dp4m likes this.
  18. a star war

May 4, 2016
    You're Welcome is a song for children. We're all adults here. Basically.

19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    To be fair, it is a banger

Jordan1Kenobi and mnjedi like this.
  20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    It does if it drives the opponent, in this case Mac and Charlie, insane. If they can't focus because that song is stuck in their head, then I consider that a victory for Maui.

21. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I think you are very confused about which party has the ability to drive the other insane.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Not at all. I'm well aware of Mac and Charlie's abilities. But this became a sing off remember? And Maui's songs are far more ear worming and infectious than anything those two have come up with.

23. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Maui's song. Singular. Charlie has written an entire musical, as well as a song for the pub, among other things.

A sing-off doesn't mean who has the biggest earworm. It's about a performance. The gang has an entire catalogue, written and performed by Charlie. They even have an entire musical episode separate from all of that (as well as reality).

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    That's great. Maui's song is still the more memorable (and better). Charlie needed an entire musical. Maui only needed the one song.

Darth Punk likes this.
  25. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Well. You're just wrong. Better than this?

I think not.

tom likes this.