main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
  2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    While he sucks as a human being, this guy did not force that alcohol into his system.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Go on, I dare you to tell me there's nothing wrong with this.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I miss the simpler times of the Braves' organist playing Beat It while a public masterbater walked up to the plate. Yesterday.

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

Luke02 likes this.
  6. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Makes me think of "San Diego" from South Park:

Warning: Language and just general juvenile humor!

vin likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He clearly didn't realize what he was doing and even mocked the salute when it was pointed out to him.

There's nothing wrong with it, and he should not face any punishment. I hope he doesn't get cancelled for a badly positioned air five.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, I've had this conversation with a bunch of people -- and some people have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, especially Christians of various denominations -- but at two different Roman Catholic wedding ceremonies I have attended, I have seen what I call the "Hail Jesus" prayer, which involves a salute... just like this.

I've said this, but there's a "zone of evil" -- where arm straight out perpendicular from your body (90 degrees) and hand up is "stop in the name of love," and arm up parallel with your body (180 degrees) and your hand up is "hailing a taxi" -- anywhere in that middle zone is the "zone of evil." But some religious people do it, and it wigs me out every time. But there you go... I really generally don't think this guy was Nazi saluting on the field.

9. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Braves game postponed due to weather. Our first 7 inning double header happens Sunday

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The Yankees have a scheduled double-header with Tampa Bay tomorrow.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Where all my Braves fan peeps at?

I was at the game for the first 2 innings. Gals and I went into the New Era shoppe to buy a load of new Phils gear. The store is 2 stories so a squad of us watched the first 2 innings through the glass that looks out from the upper deck. It was the closest thing to being in the stands for a game. But then the shoppe closed. Too many fans over at the 3rd base gate so we came home.

Made it here just in time to witness Realmuto's murder ball.

12. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Its 4 nothing...eesh

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I turned it off. I’m watching a Sue Bird interview.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Tigers have been pleasantly surprising. I didn't have any expectations going in, I approached this season as just an opportunity to learn who these guys are and what they've got, and I'm finding plenty to like. I'm just appreciating what guys do well. Jeimer Candelario started off 0-17, but he was playing some great third base, and he's had some good hitting games with a triple and now a home run since breaking the slump. Judging from his statistical history, this guy isn't any good, but it's all good to me.

I've been able to watch a 7 inning double header and an extra inning game with the runner on 2nd. Don't really care for either of them, but they do add a sense of urgency. With the seven inning games, by the time you usually start making tactical moves, the game is over. You want those two innings. Having a runner on second is incredibly cheap and imbalanced, but it does add urgency and a sense of momentum. It definitely feels like a loss is automatic if the away team doesn't score. You feel an urgency to score more than one run, because you know the home team will get at least one. Getting only one run, a save seems impossible. It's going to create a lot of blown saves. There must be incredible pressure on the pitcher coming in with no outs and a runner on second. It feels like you need three punchouts, and by the time you're in extra innings, you've probably used up your best K guys. It all adds an immediate and constant sense of pressure. I was feeling those nervous palpitations the moment extra innings started. I know a HR can end it under normal rules, but you never know when those will come, and you can get pretty lax while the bases are empty. A runner on second is an instant threat, and a failure to score feels like dying in a do or die situation. Feels like when you're a kid on the basketball court, taking that shot to see who gets ball first.

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Missing watching the Cubs this weekend, really realizing what a needed distraction it's been now that I'm going without for 4 days. Stupid Cardinals.

Luke02, Juliet316 and LloydChristmas like this.
  16. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Good start to the series last night @anakinfansince1983 @AutumnLight91

Double header today. I'm glad to share a monumental day with you as our top prospect makes his pitching debut and the other pitcher we will wheel out on a gurney currently has the highest home runs allowed per innings record in the team's 130+ year history. woot

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Hopefully we play better today.

AutumnLight91 likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Vince Velazquez will do his part to help you.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Much better today thanks to Acuña and Duvall.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003

22. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Well we had game 1. Now for game 2

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Athletics and Astros brawl today while Zach Plesac had to be sent home since he left the hotel inn the road therefore had to drive back to Cleveland in a rental car.

Really got some real stupidity going on.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  24. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    So on top of everything else, the Astros are now that group of people where one of them instigates a fight with somebody else, then when that person fights back, all the rest of them feel justified jumping in and defending the person who started it in the first place. Typical gang violence tactic. Even cops do that kind of thing. How much more ****ing sleazy can the Astros get?

And you know what the real kicker is, the A's players will be the ones getting suspended.

Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Typical MLB protecting Houston. No, I'm not condoning the Oakland players charging the dugout like that; but you can't tell me they weren't provoked. Don't dish what you can't take, Astros.

But as a Yankees fan, I shouldn't be one to talk. Several times over this past weekend series in Tampa Bay their pitchers through high and inside while the Yankees barely flinched an eyebrow. Boone was thrown out of the game Saturday after his coach was yelling at the umpire for not warning the Rays' pitcher. Gee, maybe if heaven forbid a Yankee pitcher did that to a Rays batter once, perhaps the ump would take notice. Mark my words, if Tampa Bay did that to Boston's players, you know damn well their pitchers would retaliate. Boone and the Yankees are too...nice.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.