main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I'll agree it was contrived but then when you think about it, it's not any different than young Anakin in Ep.1. Like, knowing Fett was a clone doesn't really add, or even take away, anything he did in the OT for me. And maybe you're the exception, but whenever people bring up Fett was a Clone, it's usually because they're trying to make a point agians him. I was just saying that's how I've noticed it usually go.

TadoFett, Bor Mullet and Crod1992 like this.
  2. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Turns out 99 and the Bad Bunch weren't the only clones that came out wrong![face_laugh]

No wonder he never takes the helmet off!

Vader knows who Boba is and personally hires him for stuff, while I doubt he ever heard of Djarin is (or ever would have it he was still alive).

(One of the ) best in the business > best in "the parsec."

I don't get either.

Most of the few peaple in-universe who know Boba was a clone probobly assume he's just a random ex-clone trooper anyway, as opposed to something unique, and Jango clones are a dime a dozen and not really "special" in the grand scheme of things.

TadoFett and Verbal21 like this.
  3. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    oh dude, this sounds absolutely awesome. let's hope so.

TadoFett and Verbal21 like this.
  4. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I'm really curious about boba's appearance in season 2.... I bet he will look recognisable with a new twist.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Exactly the same, but with a red arm.

6. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    How would anyone recognize him? :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Different/upgraded armor and ship is a good possibility.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Jaxxon- and Krueger like this.
  8. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    I wonder if the original Boba Fett (Jeremy Bulloch) will get a cameo in this series.

9. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    this would be epic.

TadoFett likes this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It depends what direction they go in really. rumour suggests its not Boba who is wearing the Armor. and that sorta idea can go anywhere from Boba not being in it at all. to Boba taking back his armor. to who knows what.

Jaxxon- and TadoFett like this.
  11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Good point - they can show ‘Boba’ while still maintaining the mystery.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I will say this. even though its rumoured they are going with the new guy in the boba suit. i still think Boba will end up alive in Mando 2 in a surprise twist. i don't believe for one moment they will replace boba with someone else. who happen to find the armour outside of the pit.

In 2017 Temuera_Morrison did say he would like to play Rex oddly enough. so would be good if Temuera Morrison had quite a strong presence in this series.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    TadoFett and Crod1992 like this.
  13. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Yeah, I’ve been seeing so many people overthink it these past few months and I don’t believe it’ll be anything like The Mandarin twist in Iron Man 3.

I totally see Timothy Olyphant being Cobb Vanth with Boba’s damaged Sarlacc armor and one of the arc backdrops will be about law and order in some space Wild West type of place. He’s just a means to an end for Boba to get his armor back from.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    TadoFett likes this.
  14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Mandarin twist didnt end in Iron Man 3, as it turned out the real real real Mandarin is a live and well(Marvel one shot "All Hail The King").

I don't think Timothy Olyphant's role will be particularly big or that important. He may simply be a New Republic official. Way too many rumors around with this show and others anyway.

15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its possible Timothy Olyphant is only in one episode. after all, according to the Kessel run guys even Ahsoka and Co will only be in one episode.

My belief is that they wanted Boba involved, but to have boba they need to follow canon material, which has already had his armour found by someone else.

But we will see.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  16. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    From my understanding, unless it was established in a movie or TV show, then it can easily be dismissed or overwritten by a movie or TV show. I'm guessing this came from a comic? If that's the case, Mandalorian can negate that particular issue or issues with their story if they choose.I could be wrong, but I am Chuck Norris, so it's not likely. ;) But seriously, if I am wrong about this, I'm sure someone will correct me. This is my understanding of the levels of media and their importance to the canon.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It was from the Aftermath books i believe.

I think the desire is for the recent books. but that was always going to be a tough thing to keep control of though. especially when you need to remember everything that happened in all media.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    How the **** can Olyphant's character steal Boba's armour and live to tell the tale?

I wonder if Karga and Boba are rivals rather than the more predictable Boba's Djarin's mentor or has to rescue Boba???

19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    The novel says Olyphants character Cobb Vanth found the armour outside of the Sarlacc pitt and apparently now wears it as a sheriff on Tatooine.

But then how did the armour get out of the pitt? can we assume fett escaped and took off the acid burnt armour? or did the Sarlacc pit just spit the armour out? i think the likeliness is that Boba escaped.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    TadoFett likes this.
  20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Was that Fett in ROTJ, was it an imposter who'd fooled Jabba, why would Boba leave damaged armour and not either repair it or destroy it to stop someone impersonating him????

Will Morrison appear scarred after the Sarlacc encounter? It may be the speculation is actually far greater than the role in this.

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Acid damage maybe? not the sorta thing you may wanna be walking around wearing. i dunno. i haven't read the book to know what condition the armour is in.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Boba is still supposedly not Mandalorian so he would have no issue with doffing his famous armor. I forget who (i think it was Filoni, in a Clone Wars commentary) but it was suggested that the Fetts' sets of Mandalorian armor were "tricked out" and that they likely had spare armor parts should anything be compromised like what happened to Din's cuirass versus the Mudhorn.

TadoFett likes this.
  23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I thought in the book it stated that the sarlacc was also killed in the explosion of Jabba's barge and that (Probably Jawas) had salvaged it. Olyphant was trying to steal the Armor, that's when Vanth got involved.

At least I think? Been awhile since I read the novel Aftermath.

TadoFett likes this.
  24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I haven't read it. I'm just going by what i heard people say about it.

Although unless they pulled Boba's dead body out of the armour, i still say he is probably alive.

TadoFett likes this.
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I've kind of come to the same conclusion, that he probably did survive and just went off the grid.

Crod1992 and TadoFett like this.