main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Who do you want to appear in the Kenobi show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Certain appearances make sense for this show. Owen and Beru, a young Luke. Tusken Raiders and Jawas, of course. Depending on how old they were when they became friends, a young Biggs could make sense. I thought I heard, and I may be mistaken, that the show will be set about the same time as Solo. If that's the case, Luke would be about 10. It could open some avenues for some Luke exploits with Obi-Wan watching over him in the shadows, kind of thing. Jabba would be able to appear but since he knows who Obi-Wan is and what he is, thanks to TCW movie, they wouldn't be able to interact, or have Jabba aware of Obi-Wan being on the planet. Jabba would sell him out to the Empire in a heartbeat. There are some interesting roads they can venture down as far as appearing characters go. I would be fully on board with hearing Qui-Gon's voice. He never learned to maintain his physical appearance, but he was able to maintain his consciousness, and would be able to fully converse with Obi-Wan. It would be great to see, or in this case hear, him continuing to teach Obi-Wan.

TadoFett and Riv_Shiel like this.
  2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't buy that they would just have Qui-Gon be a voice. I think it would be kinda underwhelming for the audience. and plus I would be shocked if they could resist the temptation of having an older Obi Wan talking to his master who looks the same as he did in TPM.

If they want Qui-Gon as a force ghost they will find a mystical way, reason or excuse to do it.

TadoFett likes this.
  3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Sebulba is still alive right? I wanna see Sebulba, let him team up with Obi-wan. Better yet, let him have a rematch with Anakin/Vader.

TadoFett and GregMcP like this.
  4. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Except that 68-69 year old Liam Neeson doesn't look like 44-45 year old Liam Neeson ;)

5. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Some de-aging would be required

6. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I’d love to see a young Luke about the same age as Anakin was in TPM. Not a lot of screen time, but a few scenes where Obi-Wan helps him out and Uncle Owen disapproves. So yeah, I’d like to see Uncle Owen too, played by the dude in episode 2.

TadoFett likes this.
  7. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I would think they would interact somehow, since Luke was at least familiar with who he was. Nothing extensive, but I could see that fitting in.

As far as Qui Gon, I don't think the age difference would be a big deal, given that he would likely look like a force ghost if they choose to show him (rather than just hearing him). Neeson being 20 years older wouldn't be as big of a deal. I don't think he looks that different now regardless, especially with makeup, and a wig and beard.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  8. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Luke was familiar with the name Kenobi. He'd obviously heard of Old Ben, but for me, it's always felt as though Luke never actually interacted with Obi-Wan. He'd mainly just heard the stories of the old hermit who lives out past the dune sea. Now that doesn't mean Obi-Wan didn't interact with Luke without Luke being aware of Obi-Wan's involvement. ANH does leave a level of ambiguity on the subject, which does open the door for some Luke adventures in which he is watched over and protected by Obi-Wan. I would personally prefer that Luke never actually meets him. After being rescued from the Tusken Raiders, Luke looks up at Obi-Wan and quizzically says, "Ben?" which implies Luke knows who Obi-Wan is, but doesn't actually know him. Maybe Luke sees Old Ben while wandering through Anchorhead, or Tosche Station, but never actually meets him.

As far as Qui-Gon goes, I believe it was established that while he learned to maintain his consciousness, he never finished the training, and as a result, never learned to maintain his physical appearance. So he would be a force voice from beyond, but not a force ghost. Personally, I kind of like the idea of Obi-Wan speaking with Qui-Gon's disembodied voice, as opposed to making Qui-Gon an actual force ghost. Much like how we hear Obi-Wan speak to Luke during the trench run, or with Yoda and Luke on Dagobah in Yoda's hut.

TadoFett likes this.
  9. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It has to be remembered that there is a 19 year period and that is a long time. most would like to think Obi Wan is sitting bored for nearly 2 decades, but that's a lot of time for nothing to happen.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    TadoFett and Darth Chuck Norris like this.
  10. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    ^This. If a canon character shows up, I hope it's to further the story. Jabba makes sense, Owen and Beru as well. But, I want this to be about Obi-wan, and furthering his story. That's what I like about the Mandalorian. Everything is to further his story. My humble opinion.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems we know have Comander Cody back.

12. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    You're right, it is an awfully long time to be sitting there bored, doing nothing but watching over Luke. But, Obi-Wan strictly adhered to the Jedi dogma, so it would make sense that since he was tasked with watching over the boy, he would do just that, without fanfare and excitement. All that time alone, left to ponder the Jedi teachings would also explain the change in his persona from ROTS to ANH as far as how he follows and applies his Jedi teachings. It's not exciting for us as fans, but for how Obi-Wan has been portrayed, it would be highly feasible that he did just sit there bored protecting Luke.

13. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well really saying he is watching over Luke even sounds more exciting then what his life would probably be on Tatooine. he likely isn't hiding behind rocks constantly following Luke everywhere through his every step of his daily life. so really Obi Wan needs his own life and hobbies. if not to keep the guy sane through nearly 20 years.

14. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Aside from communing with Qui-Gon, is there much for a hobby on Tatooine? Maybe knitting or sewing new robes? Bulls-eye-ing womprats with his lightsaber? Getting drunk with Jawas?

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm sure Obi wan traded with both the jawas and the tuskins.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Hopefully Cody has a chat with Dexter Jettster, asking when he'd see Obi last.

And FLO brings them Jawa Juice...
    "Jawas..." and that's how he figures it out

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Obi Wan knows the trial of procuring the sooga.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Which isn't a problem as Qui-Gon was either an old 45 year old or a young 60 year old!

I look at it like any number of older people in the neighborhood that I knew by sight and name that I could have a quick talk to but it's not like it was anything but a simple meet and greet talk.

My impression is that Luke had a few interactions of this sort with Ben but hadn't seen him for several years by the time of ANH.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Also, in an environment as tough as Tatooine, most people have probably had to fight to some degree at one point or another. Luke could very well have witnessed Kenobi do something borderline heroic without it being any more of a big deal than seeing a local farmer fight off a Tusken or some Mos Espa thug. Obi Wan can very easily do some manner of actual action in the vicinity of Luke without it being some sort of defining thing that stands out over anything else Luke probably sees on a weekly basis on that hellish planet.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    If Obi-wan doesn’t defeat a mudhorn and bring the sooga to Owen and Beru and a little Luke, I’m rioting.

wobbits likes this.
  21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm watching Sith right now.
    My god I want a Grievous cameo. I love him so much.
    I'll love to see him updated with more modern special effects.

MORE GENERAL GRIEVOUS!

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    General Grievous flashbacks with Obi wan Kenobi.

GregMcP likes this.
  23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    If he goes to watch after Luke, I hope it's from a distance and we never see or hear him up close. Couldn't bare an insufferable child playing him :oops:

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I want to see a child Luke with Mark Hamill’s OT face poorly CGI’d onto his body.

Avnar likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    What about a sufferable one?

Bor Mullet likes this.