main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 29, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Well-deserved.

2. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    This morning I was reading a book called Horned Armadillos and Rafting Monkeys - The Fascinating Fossil Mammals of South America. One of the creatures, Toxodon platensis reminded me of the mudhorn. In fact, the image shows two of these slightly wooly creatures in mud, with the placement, sizing, and shadows of the rearward one making it unintentionally appear to be floating over the mud. The first remains of Toxodon platensis were discoverd by Charles Darwin in Argentina during his Beagle voyage. I then stumbled upon a Pinterest page that has a collection of similar prehistoric creatures..... one of them being Elasmotherium. Doing a forum search, I found Elasmotherium to have been posted in a few threads, but felt it was worth mentioning here, in case others had never heard of this prehistoric Eurasian rhino before.
    I thought the mudhorn may have been influenced a bit by a rhino, with an exagerated horn, but it's not too far off the mark of Elasmotherium.
    https://ecozen.gr/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Elasmotherium-sibiricum-4.jpg

https://cryptidarchives.fandom.com/wiki/Toxodont

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Any update on a DVD release date?

4. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Something I've noticed on a recent rewatch is how incredibly verbose the Client, Greef Karga, Kuill, and Moff Gideon are. An interesting writing quirk - it feels a touch overdone at times but I enjoy it overall, especially with Kuill.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    El_Machete12 likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s a deliberate part of the western theme. Particularly with characters like Karga, who’s the frontier failed magistrate type, and full of a lot of hot air. It’s the kind of subtly humorous writing that takes this show to another level of quality, IMO.

El_Machete12 and Sarge like this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It also serves to emphasize just how terse the Mando is.

El_Machete12 and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Macklunky.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Verbose was a nice day way of putting it. I just describe it as the show has an animated type of dialogue. Not exactly Clone Wars, but just one of those animated cartoons where there’s a lot of talking between characters before the last 5 min is all action to draw you into the next episode[face_laugh]

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll just leave this here.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    As a relatively recent aficionado of Westerns, The Mandalorian is INCREDIBLE. The music, the settings and characters, it's just perfectly adapted classic Western material. The series went in a direction I had never expected, and it benefited greatly because of Baby Yoda. I'd really like to see an interview of Lucas, and his opinions of The Mandalorian. I know he would have loved the technology like The Volume for the live-action series he had planned.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    doing a rewatch until the premiere, if I time it out jussst right I can watch ep 8 so that it autoplays S2 premiere like as I'm done episode 8. I managed to pull that off with a rewatch of the final episode of Breaking Bad into the El Camino movie when it hit at 3 AM where it automatically popped up, maybe do it here!

whostheBossk and Resistance_Man like this.