main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    It'll probably be on your anniversary date.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    That was in march

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am so blind

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    anyone up for chatting tonight? Just bored.

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Looks like it has been a little over a month since the last time I was bored. Anyone around to gab?

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Half way through dinner tonight at my sister-in-law’s she informed us someone she works with has Covid. So she knew this a couple of hours before we got to her house. Her job is making every employee test, so I called a friend that is a Dr. she informed me that by contact tracing until my sister-in-law’s test comes back negative my daughter and I must isolate. So my daughter is special needs and now she can’t go to program, which was opening up this week for the first time since March. I am trying not to be peeved but my daughter and 2 friends in the family depend on me to get them to all their medical appointments and grocery store. So now because she chose to let us come over knowing this we are stuck at home. Their store is remaining open until after employees have tested and if enough tests were to come back positive they would close.

guess I should be pleased it took this long for me to wind up on the radar.

8. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    That’s a shame. Hopefully your sister-in-law’s test results come back soon and negative. Unfortunately, until that happens, you and your daughter have been put back into isolation. Not everyone would have reacted as reasonably as you have.

I experienced a similar situation last month. I work in a team of five guys (our supervisor is in his 60s and has lung damage from an old injury). We all agreed to follow the guidelines and isolate in our personal lives. One of my colleagues enjoys dancing and he went to illegal dance parties during lockdown. Last month, one of his dance partners came down with symptoms and we all had to isolate until her test came back. Luckily, it came back quickly and she was negative. It could have been a different story if this had been passed on to our supervisor.

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    It was very kind of you and your co-workers to do that for him, definitely could have turned out worse for sure. I figure I get a few days to just do nothing. I was supposed to be taking one of my friends to 2 VA appointments this week, so he will either have to cancel or find another way to get there. Now the only important issue for me is that I had not gone grocery shopping for the week yet and I had not washed clothes yet and I don't have a washer and dryer in the apartment. So we will be wearing same clothes after a couple of days and most likely eating a lot of cereal, thank goodness I have plenty of food for my daughter.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Been there and done that with the washer/dryer. The local launderette closed in March and then suffered the second whammy of the upstairs flat having a water leak so they had to stay closed til July. (It's open now). So I was using the bathtub for washing clothes and a small drying frame to dry them in the garden or flat (depending on weather). I'm glad to be back to using prooper laundry equipment!

cathiecat likes this.
  11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I can only imagine not having a way to wash clothes but for a bathtub! Please don't let it get that bad. That's so bad it's almost funny! However, none of us are laughing.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's not too bad if you're just doing small stuff (like socks, etc). However larger stuff can be an issue.

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    hey there everybody, Just wanted to let you know I will be out of commission for a while, I was T-boned Thursday morning and can't walk for the moment, no broken bones, but a lot of internal bruising from my groin up to my shoulders on front and back of my body. My head thankfully hit an side airbag. They don't know anything yet about recovery time. I live on the second floor so my daughter and I are staying at my sister-in-law's house for the next several days. This totally is awful. I just must remember to pray and be thankful I am still here. I would post photos of the car but I don't know how to post a photo from my computer and the insurance company said not to post on Facebook. So OH well....

Right now the pain is excruciating. I am hoping it will be less in coming days. Nothing works right or feels good, not even just intermittent pain, it's constant and much worse than the pain in my body that I have had for twenty years and am on disability for, this pain is much worse. I can only say similar to major worst possible childbirth pains, my body of it's own accord will just suddenly cease up, and I keep feeling popping sensations in my ribcage area. but the xrays showed no broken bones.

anyway hurts to sit up and type, hope all of you have a great weekend.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    [face_praying] Well @cathiecat I am hoping and praying that you have a swift and painless recovery. Ur star wars friend @Jedi Knight88

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    @cathiecat - Oh man! That's rough! Hang in there and take it easy. Words of advice from an injury I had 10 years ago - "Slow and steady wins the race" when it comes to recovering from nasty accidents.

Be sure they do an MRI on you to make sure they can get a better idea of what's going on w/ your back.

Take care and get lots of rest.

16. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    @cathiecat I’m sorry to hear about your accident. A traffic collision can be a traumatic experience. I hope you have a swift recovery and get relief from your pain very soon. In the meantime, try to rest as much as possible.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Went to hospital for excruciating pain, turns out Fractured ribs and fractured spine, they did a CT

18. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    At least they now know the full extent of your injuries and what was causing you such terrible pain. Hopefully the doctors can now get you on the correct course of treatments and get you some proper pain relief.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ouch - hope you feel better soon. (I also hope they gave you some good painkillers so you can get some rest).

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ouuccchhh take care of that spine.

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    one never knows what the next day will bring. Due to already having had a very damaged spine from the brain stem all the way down to the sacroiliac and hip joints since my thirties, they have decided I am a health risk to myself on my own, as I live in a second floor apartment and can not walk without assistance, and since I am going to be receiving PT and OT they have had me check into a Nursing Rehabilitation Center, I will get to spend the next week to ten days here. Ain't that just SUNNY!! My sister-in-law is taking care of my daughter, but my daughter is inconsolable to the point of crying every time we talk. I just feel devastated at the moment. At least I am in a very nice (even high class) nursing home, private room, electric bed, 50" TV. If ever I had to be stuck somewhere this isn't that bad. We will see how I feel after my PT and OT starts tomorrow though.
    I will be one crazy web surfing woman over the next week or so, with nothing else to do but therapy in the daytime and then my nights free to surf and make friends at the center, incidentally, I am allowed 0 visitors, not even my son or daughter because of Covid19. It kind of is the pits and I may cry that I can't be at home staring at all my prized Star Wars figures and stuff that we have been slowly putting together in our apartment finally.

I call where I am a Nursing Rehabilitation Center. I don't want to call it a Nursing Home. and I don't want to call it a Rehab facility. I am not ancient and I have never used drugs, unless you count all the morphine I Have been given four times a day since Saturday night.

Anyways, I hope to hear about all the fun stuff y'all are out there ordering and buying. I would love to see more of @SlamSlayer1 pics, and if anyone happens to have nothing better to do I would love to gab on here.

Right now I am hypered out on my recent breathing treatment, who knew a bunch of Albuterol causes a meth like hyper state! I know it now.

And No, I am not high on any drugs right now, just took one oxycodone, which is not enough to do anything more than relax my back a little bit. They are giving me an air mattress tomorrow , until then I am hurting really bad because the mattress is very very uncomfortable.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We're going to be having a virtual Celebration since the real one was cancelled. Keep an eye on this thread in the Celebration forum for further information. Everyone is free to join in!

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So my other big hobby other than SW collecting is Photography. I have entered a contest to get one of my photos in a contest to appear on a calendar! I could use all of the votes that I can possibly get. You can vote for it HERE

This was taken last winter at Canyon de Chelley, AZ in Navajo country - The rock is called Spider Rock

[​IMG]

cathiecat and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  24. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thank you!