main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Beyond the Saga The Tales of Broom Boy (Fanfiction Summer Olympics) Temiri Blagg Pentathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Aug 6, 2020.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: The Tales of Broom Boy (Fanfiction Summer Olympics) Temiri Blagg Pentathlon

Summary: Temiri’s journey from “broom boy” to Jedi Knight.

Timeframe: Beginning post-TLJ and continuing through post-Rise of Skywalker.

Characters: Temiri Blagg (primarily) Rey Skywalker, Poe Dameron and others.

Disclaimer: George Lucas created Star Wars. Star Wars, LucasFilm Ltd. and all its content are currently owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company.

Note: For my second try at the Fanfiction Summer Olympics I have tackled some stories about Temiri Blagg (aka Broom Boy). In addition to the three events that are standard to the Pentathlon event, I chose the Single Sentence Shot Put and the 100 Word Sprint as my picks from the Decathlon events.

These stories are posted in no particular order.

///////////////

Single Sentence Shot Put

With his heart pounding, palms sweating and nerves on fire, he knew he’d just taken on the most amazing adventure he’d ever encounter in his lifetime; being a Jedi Knight.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    Anedon, Kit' , GregMcP and 2 others like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jam-packed with realistic emotions =D=

Kahara likes this.
  3. Child_of_a_Jedi

Child_of_a_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2015
    Great look at how Temiri felt as he became a Jedi!^:)^ Great job, Mom. :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Excellent start, Jen! It is a grand adventure, one both Luke and Rey have had to start from scratch. I think Temiri is in good hands. (Though I'm not sure about that name. :p)

5. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thank you. :D

Thanks, kiddo. :D

Thank you. :D Yeah, the name is a little...well, unimaginative really. That little actor is named Temirlan Blaev. I felt like they could have come up with something better. :p Glad you like the story.

/////

100 Word Sprint

It was a strange dance through odd training exercises which had Temiri treading over hot coals in bare feet and ducking blazing fire which threatened to singe his spiked hair. His orange-bladed saber flashed wildly in intricate patterns. Sweat poured down his face, arms, and chest.

“Good,” his master called. “Feel the Force flow through you. Let it guide you, trust in it.”

Temiri closed his eyes and within moments was at the end of the challenging course. He knelt down to take deep breaths before standing and smiling brightly. He’d done it. Finally.

“Yes, Master,” was his only reply.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Anedon and Kit' like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb, I know he feels a strong sense of accomplishment

7. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks!

///////////////

110 Word Hurdle

“Look, Princess, I don’t have time for your insolence,” he railed at the young woman standing before him. “There are criminals on this world who are bent on getting your father to do their bidding in the Senate. They aren’t above using you to get him to do what they want.”

The girl sighed loudly as she stared at the Jedi. “My father would never…”

Exasperated with her arguing and refusal to do as she was told, he grasped her elbow in his hand and nearly dragged her along beside him as he headed for the ship he’d come in days earlier.

“We’re done here. Now let’s go.”

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Anedon likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super contest of wills conveyed in actions and words

9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks for reading! :)

///////////////

400 Word Cross Country

Four years had passed since Temiri had last stood in the city of Canto Bight, yet it seemed to him a lifetime had gone by. He had grown taller, and stronger and had learned that he was special; possessed of abilities not everyone had.

”You have powers you’re just beginning to explore and barely understand. If you come with me, with us, I can help you learn to control those powers.”

He recalled Rey’s words to him from four years before. He’d been fifteen years old and had long since accepted that his life as a stable hand, a slave, would define him for the rest of his years. There would be no escape, no rescue from his forlorn existence. Until there was.

A ship had come bringing with it his salvation in the form of his Jedi Master. He was suddenly free; free to choose his own future. He felt the weight of those choices immediately. A step to the left could lead to prosperity. A step to the right could land him right back where he was.

“I’ll go with you,” he had replied. “I want to learn.”

They had set off soon after and his training had begun straight away. It was hard and tiring but rewarding and it had led him to where he was now.

///////////////

Temiri sat cross-legged in his quarters in the Great Temple on Yavin Four. It was the eve of his first solo mission and he was nervous. He knew he was ready. He trusted in his masters training and he trusted his own instincts.

“Stop stalling, Blagg,” he said to himself. “Time to get going.”

He gathered his rucksack and slung it over his shoulder and looked around his spartan quarters. He didn’t have much, but he cherished the few things he did own, especially his lightsaber. He took a moment to admire it’s sleek design, quite unlike his mentor’s. He clipped it to his belt and headed out.

“Are you ready,” Rey questioned her student as he approached the ship he’d be using for his mission.

The young man nodded. “Yes, Master. I believe so.”

Rey was proud of him. He’d learned so much; had come so far in such a short time. He was powerful, and resourceful but she also knew this mission would challenge both his power and his resourcefulness.

“Yes, I believe you are, my Padawan.”

///////////////

Prime Time Coverage

“Why are they shooting at us?!” the frightened girl yelled as the ship was again jolted by laser cannon fire from an old TIE fighter.

“I told you why!” he yelled back at her as he threw the ship into a steep dive towards the water. “They want your father! They want you so they can get to him!”

“We’re going to crash!” she screamed as the bright blue-green ocean raced up at them at alarming speed.

Temiri laughed as he pulled the ship up at the last moment; ignited the dual thrusters and threw the vessel into a roll while simultaneously firing the cannons and destroying one of their pursuers.

“I’m going to be sick,” the princess muttered.

Temiri, still engaged with the other two hostile fighters, spared a moment to glance at his charge. She did look a little green. But he didn’t have time to coddle her.

“Just make sure you stay strapped in tight,” he reminded her. “This isn’t going to be easy. We’re still being followed.”

“Who is doing this?” she cried, terrified now that she would be harmed, and her father would be forced to do something drastic to save her.

“Stang!” Temiri cursed as the port engine flamed out. “Unhook your belts!”

Her eyes widened. “Why? You said before…”

She was thrown forward when Temiri again dive the ship towards the surface. He was having trouble controlling their descent with only one engine. Try as he might, he could not get it to reignite.

“I know what I said before!” he told her. “Just do what I say now! We’re going to the escape pod!”

Within moments he had the flight control rigged and he was dragging her through the cargo hold towards the one functioning escape pod on board. He waved his hand at the door and it slid open at his command. He quickly pushed the protesting princess into the pod and crawled in behind her.

“We’re going to die,” she whispered as Temiri activated the pod and pulled a small datapad from his pack.

“No, we’re not,” he told her. “I promise you, we’re not going to die. You just have to trust me.”

She looked into his brown eyes and saw only concern for her wellbeing; only determination to keep them both alive.

He was tapping away at the datapad and she managed to ask him what he was doing.

“I’m flying the ship,” he answered. “They aren’t firing right now because they think we’re going to crash. Which, we are, but not until we’re low enough that they go with us. They won’t be able to correct and this pod is set to launch us straight up.”

She didn’t have time to reply because they both felt the ship begin to shake and rattle and break apart. When she felt Temiri grab her hand, she looked up at him.

“Trust me,” he implored. “We’ll be all right. I promise.”

She nodded, closed her eyes and prayed to the gods of her planet that he was right and they would indeed be okay.

The pod had come down in the ocean, not far from the shore. As they walked form the icy water onto the beach, Temiri could see the wreckage of one of the two remaining TIE’s.

“Where’s the other one?” he asked out loud, mostly to himself.

“What?” she asked, shaking the water from her hair. “I cannot believe you…”

Temiri Clamped a hand over her mouth just before shoving her away and igniting his lightsaber as several men jumped out from being the rock formation to their left.

Blaster fire was immediate, and he deflected it as quickly as he could. When he heard the princess scream, his heart went cold. His eyes darkened in anger and he charged their attackers.

Faster than their eyes could follow, he gained on them. He flung a handout and ripped their blasters from their hands. They were defenseless. They were frightened. Temiri didn’t care.

“Stop!” the princess called.

Temiri, eyes blazing, lightsaber raised above his head and ready to strike down his enemies, stopped. He turned to face her, his eyes asking the question his voice could not.

“Don’t kill them, please,” she said to him, her leg bleeding from the blaster would she’d received. “They aren’t worth it.”

“They could have killed us,” he reminded her. “Killed you

She touched his arm gently. “But they didn’t. We can take them to my father, and they’ll be punished for their crimes.”

Temiri eyed the frightened men before him and reluctantly lowered his lightsaber and thumbed it off, returning it to his belt.

“As you wish, Your Highness.”

She smiled as he set about restraining their prisoners. It was a turning point. He’d finally listened to her.

Anedon likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent action in the Prime Coverage =D=

11. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Nice to see this character who really seems to have become a dropped plot for Disney getting some action. :)