main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    The reason Trumpers hold sacred the right to consume, is that they know, deep in their hearts that it's the last right we have.

Abadacus likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  3. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Which rights? Also, they have. They've killed people, destroyed the lives of their own communities even.

This is everyday life. Unless we want a bubble boy society. There is a 99% survival rate. Also, pretty much every business requires a face mask. So if you wear a face mask outside, what's the difference if you walk by without one and keep your distance. Doesn't add up.

Yeah i don't know what to say. People need to work to survive. The world must continue. If you feel at risk that voice the concern and see if there's potential for compromise.

GANGS. ARE. BAD.

Are disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing or do you really think deeming gangs terrorists is a bad thing? What this does is escalate them as a threat and the way in which they are dealt with will be way more severe.

Report the employer.

I know someone that was brought in unconscious from covid. Actively going to work, so it stirred up a scare.

Still you can't just close down the world. We as people must move past all of this, and all that goes along with it.

4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    ****. That is brutal. I am so sorry to hear that. And I'm sorry you have to deal with asshats continuing to downplay the virus and make political points right to your face while you and your family are presumably still grieving. My condolences to you and your family. I wish that hadn't happened. I wish it wasn't happening to anyone. I wish a lot of things these days.

5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Their civil rights, their constitutional rights.

6. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    Everyone has the same rights.

Gangs. Destroy. Lives.

Drugs. Destroy. Lives.

Gotta say i can't believe the defenses. Thwarting youth in a more positive direction is bad? :oops:

7. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Lol, the RNC has a bank robber who talked a judge into reducing his sentence and became a bible scammer. You can't make this **** up.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    @obi-arin-kenobi Yes, it is everyday life that people are self-centered ***holes.

You, however, do have the option of not condoning that, and not encouraging a society that caters to them.

Which goes back to my point about promoting/encouraging employers to offer flexible options. And for places that can not reopen right now, like bars, offering a stimulus package that would cover the employer and employees until this is over.

How do we pay for it? By not bombing Brown people halfway around the world and by taxing the Jeff Bezos of the world.

If you refuse to do any of that, it’s what I said earlier—just wanting businesses open so you can be served.

So I’ll wait. Not holding my breath though.

As far as the rights that the non-Kylo’s of the world are fighting for—how about the right to not be murdered by police over a counterfeit $20 bill.

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Right. And therefore everyone should feel free to react the same way when they feel their right are being infringed upon, is that what you're saying?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  10. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    I don't know how wealthy @obi-arin-kenobi is or what he considers to be work, but a lot of rich people are very worried right now because the COVID shutdown is proof that a general strike is possible.

11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    ...I'd ask if you understand science but its obvious you don't. Not to mention that even 1% of 5 million cases is still well over 50K deaths (with a long way to go), so you're fine with that then, which shows your (lack of) ethics.

And that's not even going into the possible long-term effects of those who survive the virus (which will require a lot more science), but that's probably way over your head.

You're fine with those Reopen mobs storming a federal building with assault weapons, but peaceful protestors being teargassed doesn't bother you, instead you're so concerned about gangs. Not like gangs walk around in broad daylight with police approval. But guess your life is fine, so its not your problem.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Across the board the involvement of law enforcement ruins the lives of young people, particularly racial minorities. They become trapped in situations in which they may not be able to further their educations and struggle to find decent work and suffer severe financial and mental health problems from being harassed by cops, arrested, tried, incarcerated, put on probation. This is not a positive direction.

Also drug addiction is better treated as a public health issue and intervention in that vein leads to better outcomes than criminalizing the use of drugs.

13. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    He pardoned the bank robber live!

14. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    There has been relief for some businesses but fact of the matter is many small businesses could not keep up and are now closed.

Its not about "being served". Its that people have had their lives flipped upside down and it is from the closures.

On top of that, you've got these mobs rioting filling downtown areas of cities(where's covid there?) *further* destroying peoples lives. There isn't going to be a concrete end to Covid for awhile, and the country needs to be open.

What do you mean?

The constitution applies to all citizens.

I believe it starts earlier than that, and the gang violence is *part of the disconnect*. The gang violence helps to create these profiling. That is *why* this is such a good thing. When cops go to gamg/drug areas, they go already knowing the high potential for danger. They already know there's guns. Its a reality nobody wants to talk about, and its because gangs enforcing this ridiculous "no switching" nonsense, putting these communities in fearing, and in turn greatly affecting the next generation.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You sure as hell can be flexible with your employees. You can not make them feel like they’re going to lose their jobs if they don’t report to work. You can offer them the option to work from home if that’s possible. In my sister-in-law’s case it certainly was because her ***hole boss was working from home himself! It’s not too much to ask that you not have to risk your ******* life just so you can feed your children.

Thank you! [:D] I know I should step away but reading stupid ass comments like “Who is forcing anybody? People want to work.” just set me off.

Rew, Abadacus, Ghost and 10 others like this.
  16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Just a note that we will be locking this thread when the RNC is over and staring a General Election Thread, as we did in 2016. Also will tighten the rules some to eliminate drive by tweet and image posts.

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    And Republicans can't be trusted to uphold the Constitution.

18. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Drive by-tweets are NOT terrorism!!!!! :p

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    You're not gonna let Ghost start it this time? :p

20. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    Thats what they are running on, to uphold it.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

LOL. I’ll wait for you to defend the peaceful protestors who are being tear gassed and otherwise brutalized by police. You know, the ones you are calling “mobs”. Protesting is also a constitutional right.

I’ll also wait for you to defend the right to not be murdered by police. The unequivocal right, without any “but...” added.

And stop pretending you care about anyone whose “life has been flipped upside down.” Not with your initial response to Chiznuk in which you indicated that his sister-in-law had a choice.

For you it absolutely is about being served.

22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Spoiler alert: they're lying.

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    This isn't about gangs. You're not concerned with how "gangs" affect society. This is you spewing not-so-thinly-veiled racism. White people storm a federal building armed to the teeth, and they're just innocently protecting their civil rights. But black and brown people surviving in the only way they know how to? TERRORISM.

You fool nobody.

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    But you said the folks storming federal buildings with semi-automatic rifles had a right to do so because they felt their rights (which rights??) were being infringed upon.

The right to disregard local authorities is not anywhere in the Constitution, but the right to life is.

25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Since you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you, are you interested?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.