main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
  2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I wasn’t excited for it, I was just pleasantly surprised when I saw it. Which I’d be more than happy to have happen again when I inevitably see The Batman! ;) Good Time made me a Bobby P. fan, so I’m sure he’ll make a fine Batman.

darthbernael likes this.
  3. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    I did see him in that movie The Lighthouse recently and his performance (along with Willem Dafoe's) blew me away.

darthbernael likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean.

I quite enjoyed him in the Twilight films, but mainly the very very very last one as they finally deviated from the books somewhat, and yet, didn't. Nifty writing.

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Because the Final Scene in the movie was better than the Book, maybe? ( super rare occurrence, but quite welcome ) :p

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm in the minority here, I guess. Haven't read the books. Haven't watched the movies.

greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  7. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    I hate when teen actors get a bad rap because they starred in teen movies which feels like what Pattinson and Shia has to fight through. They’re terrific actors, but people remember their teen performances and act like they can’t grow.

:/

That aside, Paul Dano is playing the riddler and I’d see the movie off that alone.

8. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Oh I think everyone acknowledges Shia’s talent, the guy just can’t seem to put together a decent streak of offscreen sanity.

But I’m a huge fan of his (not nearly as huge as my wife though [face_laugh]), and seeing his recent run of success has been encouraging. Peanut Butter Falcon and Honey Boy are great films for very different reasons.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Maybe.

That and Aro.

One needs an Aro for the finale.

That chittering maddening laugh.

greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I thought he was also good in The Lost City of Z.

It was a surprise to see Palpatine make a small appearance in that film too. :p

darthbernael likes this.
  11. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    He was good in The Lighthouse too. At first I did not see him as Batman, but I am being convinced otherwise by the trailer, but I guess will have to wait and see. At least am more hopeful than before!

Also what a strange coincidence starting a DC themed RP just after the Fandome :D

12. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    WE HAVE A WINNERRRRRRR!!!

[​IMG]

Please run over to the Summer Games - Game Designer's Edition to celebrate all of our great contestants!!

I think I might be cooking up some more challenges for the RPF. THIS....WAS....EPIC...[face_devil][face_devil]

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
  14. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Dammit Reynar. Can’t comment too much yet but...

Yea. :/ Cooler heads will prevail.

[​IMG]

15. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Double post but idc.

I. Want. Movie. Theaters. :( :(

I don’t even go that often and I just want watch Tenet in the movies with an unhealthy amount of nachos in my lap.

(Also I know how rough it’s been on everyone and this is my one and only real complaint. Everyone continue to be safe. But hot donuts do I miss the movies.)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  16. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    You're not alone I frequently travelled with a group of friends pre-COVID. One of my favorite memories in recent history was seeing Avengers Endgame. We bought tickets the moment they were available (think we bought about half the theater....lol).

*grumbles about disney+ making you pay extra to see Mulan and Black Widow*

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Movie theaters are opening up this Friday in my area. I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to go back yet, but it would be nice to be able to see Tenet. I'll have to see.

18. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
  19. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Okay after further research they might. Seems they are seeing how many people cough up for mulan and they may extend the paywall for BW

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

20. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Ah, a fellow nachos man! I’ve always been a nachos moviegoer, popcorn is so overrated, but I never meet anyone who agrees with me. Which is fine, I never have to feel guilty for not offering my nachos to anyone else. :p

Think we’re gonna host a big movie night with the families for Mulan. I don’t like the $30 price tag for a rental on top of the subscription fee I already pay for Disney+, but they’re gonna get my damn money anyway, those greedy geniuses. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  21. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Yes! More nachos people! One of my friends keeps asking me how can I eat those things, he just can't understand.

22. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    How? I’ll tell you how:

Nachos, in the nacho compartment. Cheese in the cheese compartment. Cheese also spread over the nachos. I call this the House of Representatives method the cheese is crossing the aisle to converse with the nachos.

There is also the Spicy surprise method. This is when you do the above, but throw in jalopenos to surprise and terrify the nachos. Nachos are best eaten when they are scared, my research suggests.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Now I wonder how a food-based RP would work out...

Like this?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    I guess that game takes the sentiment "you are what you eat" pretty seriously....

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004