main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Shado Varmiri: Fan Club of the various Force Sects in the Galaxy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Elu, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    In a manner of speaking.

The Flames of Wisdom never extinguish. ;)

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  2. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Probably...

3. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    The body may decay, glory may fade, and power wane; but wisdom never withers. ;)

Or so I see it. Now lets seeā€¦another task for Vo'Un'Var. Hm. I'll have one thought up in a day or two. Meanwhile, anyone else have an answer to Darth Invictus' question regarding 'The One Beyond The Veil'?

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Darth_Elu; I'm still waiting on your reply in the Rancor Pit.

Still waiting to see how you'll deal with a spike of morphed ground aimed at sensitive areas. :p

Darth_Elu likes this.
  5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Ack! I completely forgot, my deepest apologies. I've had a lot of trouble over there for some reason. :p

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I look forward to your reply soon then :p

7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    So does anyone think "Those who dwell beyond the veil" are a reference to the celestials?

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    That or something similar. They were a race, not just a collection of one family after all.

9. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Anyone has a idea what exactly Whills and Cestials are ?
    Are they like embodiments of the force or perhaps gods ?
    I read a theory that celestials embodies the cosmic force while the whills embodies the living force.

10. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I always felt the celestials were a ur-civilization that transcended the physical plane.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Seeing as the Grey Jedi are doing a little house cleaning with potential renewed interest, I felt that perhaps I should at least revive this as well. If nothing else, for at least the smaller sects of the Force to once again have a place in the present to be discussed and appreciated.

*proceeds to begin dusting the area* :)

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Looking good my friend, don't mind if I give you a helping hand for the moment. ;)

Master Vo'Un'Var and Darth_Elu like this.
  13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Always appreciated. ;)

Master Vo'Un'Var and greyjedi125 like this.
  14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Forgive the double post, Mods, but here's a question for anyone peeking in if they choose to answer:

Theoretically, if the Hapes Consortium had its own Force Order, what do you think it'd look like and what would their main function be?

Gamiel and greyjedi125 like this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    There are many ways this could be done. Personally I'm of the thought that, unlike what the RPG's teaches us, must Force traditions are not that similar to the Jedi.

While the Consortium is small compared to the Republic so is it still many planets with their own cultures and needs and that possibly will colour what kind of Force traditions that are developed but for the whole Consortium do it feel like the likeliest types of Force traditions to be notable are spies/assassins, advisors, bodyguards and/or space navigators.

Spies/assassins would use the Force to enhances their own physical ability and/or to cloud peoples minds so they can pass undetected. The ninjas in Ninja Assassin or Way of the Tiger is a good example of how Force using assassins/spies could look in action and what powers they could have.

It's not unusual for RL people in positions of power, both historically and in the now, to have spiritual advisors or seeking the advice of people who say/believe they are able to read the fortunes. There could be a Force tradition that serves as advisors to nobles, using their ability to see possible futures, reading the weather and/or feeling what paths are dangerous, together with training in political-, social-, economic- and similar skills to give advices to nobles.

Force using bodyguards would enhance their reflexes and sense with the Force and use a danger sense to protect their charges. A bodyguard that react before weapons have been drawn or just know when something is poisonous would be highly praised.

Since the Consortium's nebula is hard to navigate so is there possible that there is one (or more) Force traditions of mystical navigators who are able to always (more or less) know the dangerous ruts, can quickjump without calculating and while they may no know where they will appear it will be somewhere that will not instantly kill them, can always find their way back home even when they are lost.

Also, tagging @ColeFardreamer @Ackbar's Fishsticks

Darth_Elu and ColeFardreamer like this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    @Gamiel already considered many facettes of potential Forceuse inside the cluster, but I'd add another.

Hapes culture, while diverse planetary given its inhabited worlds, is in the end rather human and the core defining points of hapan society may limit a too broad Forceuser cult developing.

For one, the monarchy is strong and elitist, it would try to limit Forceuse to serve the crown and if possible members of the family. We'd have a kind of Imperial Knights situation with suppression of all foreign forceuse which qualifies as rivalry. These royal Forceusers then would use all kinds of abilities Gamiel described above.

I could see powers relating to illusion, mind control and such prominent to a) increase the percieved beauty they are so fixated on and b) help in subterfuge and intrigue. Siren like Forcepowers kinda, Lorelleian in nature, adding to their existing myth. Hiding ships in plain sight Fallanassi style? Mysterious Battle Dragons coming out of nowhere and vanishing like ghost ships raiding? In general Fallanassi would suit Hapes as a Force Cult perfectly but I do not want to copy them simply.

Opposing the royal Forceusers I'd say are runaway rogue males that survived born with the Force and use it to either hide... or to disguise themselves as crossdressing females trying to get power and change the society (as females tried in dark ages christianity and papacy).

Gamiel and Darth_Elu like this.
  17. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Thank you for the responses, you two. :) And I heartily agree. Personally I think the two most important aspects of a Hapan Force Order would be a astro-navigator and as advisors.

However, the whole spy-assassin angle would be utilized in a fashion where its a well known, but unspoken, secret type deal among the nobility and royalty. Could you imagine Ta'a Chume as a Force Sensitive?

Yikes...

18. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Given the monarchy's strong prejudices against the Jedi, I imagine that any Force order at least before Teneniel Djo would have had to walk a fine line between, on the one hand, remaining functional in as vicious and backstabbing an environment as Hapan politics, and on the other hand, not appearing to threaten the monarchy's supreme authority. Hapan politics wouldn't be welcoming for a straight-up light side order, nor for the kind of overt power grabbing that the Sith and most dark siders embrace.

Maybe it's because I always picture Dune imagery (Corrino Imperium specifically) when reading about Hapes, but I think a Force order that resembled the Bene Gesserit would do well in the Consortium. Outwardly loyal and humble and non-interventionist, spending a lot of time as advisers to the powerful, acutely aware that too overt a show of force would result in a backlash that they don't want. But behind all that, manipulative, emphasizing soft power, and playing the long game on a level that most of the powerful don't understand. Quietly mixing bloodlines in order to produce some kind of messiah they can control is exactly the sort of thing I can see Hapan Force-users doing, especially given their society's obsession with appearance and lineage.

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Activity here has made me truly happy this day. :D

*ahem* I don't really know Dune (Blasphemy, I know...I really need to get to it one of these days) but that sounds about right, @Ackbar's Fishsticks. It's really the only way they could exist without upending everything in Hapan Culture. Given their fixation on appearance and such, I wonder if they would have color restrictions on their lightsabers (as the Sith do red only for example) or if they would allow any (like the Jedi).

Still...bah! This now makes me want to see a Hapan Force Order RPG. :p

20. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

Dune and Hapes are my mental images as well! Throw in some Deja Torris vibes and Mars.

So with Allana being their messiah... [face_whistling]

Darth_Elu likes this.
  21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Allana being the messiah would be absolutely perfect!

22. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Seeing how both cultures are matriarchal, I can see a Hapan Force Order being similar to the Echani Firedancers. Though maybe with more of a focus on naval combat instead of hand to hand/melee combat, through the use of Force Melds and Battle Meditation.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Darth_Elu likes this.
  23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Possible, but as others have stated, the Hapans do have a bit of a problem with overt Force use so that may or may not push the envelope, so to speak. But yes, anything regarding space would probably be in.

Now, in contrast to the Hapans, what of the Chiss?

I mean, from what I understand, they consider Force Sensitivity as impure and execute any Chiss using the Force on the spot without exception. But for the sake of discussion, lets say these views were relaxed some. What would a Chiss Force Group still affiliated with the Ascendancy look and feel like?

24. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I couldn't see a Chiss Force User group being affiliated with the ascendancy for the reasons you've already stated, but I can see it as an opposition group going against it, fighting for their very existence.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    As they are, yes, definitely. If they even managed to get that far, which would be an interesting storyline all its own. Yet, if (a big if, I know lol) the views were relaxed in the Ascendancy for some reason or another first, giving way to an opportunity for such a group to exist...I wonder what they'd look like.

Advisors as well? Given the even more extreme views on them compared to the Hapans, I don't think so...that would require more trust than the Chiss would be willing to give. Perhaps if views had been greatly relaxed, but for at least a bit of 'realism', I'm going to say they haven't been that relaxed in this scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.