main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Adam: "Hello, Tina..."
    Tina:

[​IMG]

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    You got that right, it was Pam Bondi, the former state attorney general from Florida.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Lordban likes this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is embarrassing and ridiculous. No single user or group of users has ever caused half so large or sustained a disruption as the few of you whining about your personal dislike of Tina's posting style. Please get a grip, or at the least get out of this thread.

4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Agree 100000%

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This.

6. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Ugh, I don't have the energy to dig up the links, but the vast majority of all Russiagate stuff has been disproven. The pee-tape, the trips to Prague, the secret server, the hacking of electrical grids, etc. The social media stuff the IRA did was a joke, and Kilimnik was a US State Department asset, not a Russian intelligence officer. Pretty much the whole thing is just bogus oppo research from the Clinton campaign, but it swallowed up 3 years of news cycles and kneecapped any possibility of impeaching Trump on legitimate grounds.

Lordban and gezvader28 like this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    They've been on about Tina for months now. They already made a separate thread about her in Comms to have a round table discussion on what to do about her. It's so high school mean girls level cliquey.

You're okay in my book @Princess_Tina.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    @Glitterstimm - Didn't the GOP-dominated Senate release an extensive report on the meddling just a few days ago?

9. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Yes, and the GOP establishment have their own agenda. They want a hawkish stance towards Russia as much as anyone else. But we didn't learn anything new from the senate report, and we've still never seen Crowdstrike's work, just their conclusions, which is where most of the "evidence" supposedly comes from.

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    For the record, Tina, it's not you, personally, that I dislike, it's your posts I don't know you, personally--you've told us nothing about yourself, have never posted a picture of yourself, etc. You don't give us 'you,' you give us **** posts.

Ever heard of ApolloSmileGirl? You should look into him--you remind me, a lot, of him. He invaded us... pretended to be somebody he wasn't, for close to a decade. It ****ed us up pretty badly. Yes, the JCC probably seems unwelcoming to you, but the community suffers from a bit of ptsd because of him. So yeah, we are a bit skeptical of people.

None of that is directly your fault, of course, I just think it's something you need to know about this place and its posters.

ETA: With that, I'll drop this, as we aren't getting anywhere, anyway.

Rew and Ghost like this.
  11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    There's been a few news reports on just how many new details were included in this new Senate report, won't link to them but they're easy enough to Google.
    I will leave it up to everyone else as to whether we need to spend a lot of time in this thread on the Russia stuff. I don't see anyone changing their minds at this point. And Trump certainly will criticize nearly half of all Americans but won't ever criticize Putin. So there's that.

@harpua - see @anakinfansince1983 post, if you have concerns let's PM or whatever you prefer. I'm not your enemy.

12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Do you mean these links:

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/press/senate-intel-releases-volume-5-bipartisan-russia-report

The report and the pee tape:

"The committee takes pains to document Trump’s stay at the Ritz Carlton Moscow—the subject of allegations in the Steele dossier concerning supposedly compromising video of Trump with sex workers. According to the report, Keith Schiller, Trump’s head of security, was approached with an offer to send five women to Trump’s hotel room one of the nights he was in Moscow. While Schiller told the committee that he and Trump laughed off the offer and the liaison never occurred, a conspicuous footnote leads the reader to question whether Schiller is, in fact, telling the truth: “Cohen has testified that, ‘Keith is the ultimate protector, and he was [Trump's] bodyguard, his attache for many, many years. And he was the keeper of Mr. Trump's secrets. So, for example, if he was going to text a female, he would have Keith do it on his phone.’ Cohen has also testified that he has seen Schiller lie for Trump.”
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/collusion-reading-diary-what-did-senate-intelligence-committee-find

I mean I don't know what Putin has over Trump. I would have guessed damning information about the source of dubious lending the Trump organization has received, but the pee tape theory isn't exactly off the table.

Lordban likes this.
  13. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Thanks for providing this week-end's light reading... :p

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I've already seen it, hence me dropping it. I'll pass on the PM. No, you are not my enemy, but you're not exactly my friend, either.

Asking nicely, this time... will you please stop with the **** posts, outside of the **** posting thread?

15. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Ok, so there is no actual evidence of the pee tape. Glad we cleared that up.

16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Hey, it beats being bored... I hear a lot of people are bored these days :p

Illegal actions need not be limited to... such tapes ;)

17. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    You said "disproven." I just wanted to clear that up. The pee tape isn't just some kind of wild allegation pulled out of thin air. It involves a specific night when Trump was actually at a hotel in Moscow and Trump's bodyguard says they turned down an offer for Trump to get sex workers to his room. Maybe that's exactly what happened. I don't know, but "disproven" is a lot different from "unproven."

Also no need to let the pee tape distract you from the 990 other pages of volume 5 of the Report, detailing a lot of corruption from the Trump campaign relative to Russian involvement in the election. Not to mention volumes 1 through 4.

18. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    We might be confining again here before too long, I'll have time again x)

It's funny, normally, at this late hour in a major election campaign, I tend to get out of the conversation, because these tend to degenerate into a collection of more or less courteous fighting. But this year's comes in a decidedly unique context, and I can't seem to look away.

Seen from outside, it seems quite certain already that the result will have been corrupted to a degree well beyond usual norms of "one elector in Wyoming matters as much as three and a half electors in California", thanks to the overt suppression of vote-by-mail and how disproportionately it affects various elector categories. The background is catastrophic in a way it hadn't been in the USA during my lifetime, and one of the principals already got away with criminal conduct in office because there isn't a proper court to hold him accountable. I feel like I'm watching a very dark sort of history in the making.

Rew, Nobody145, poor yorick and 5 others like this.
  19. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Beyond that, they don’t care about the planet because the Rapture will be here soon and they all get to leave it. And then Jesus returns, which will remake the world, so why bother to save this one?

EDIT: https://apple.news/Ah5lyQRLSS-KWzW43HhahUw

Good piece on the new “Biblical Capitalism” that has come to define the modern-day GOP.

20. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Trump's behavioral algorithms are all evolved around cheating the system. He knows no other way to act.

21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I feel the same way.... :(

It goes beyond mere ordinary cheating. Whatever else he's stupid about, he knows how to use whatever leverage he has to get people to bend to his will or get out of the way. I guess his alleged mob ties as a developer in NY taught him a thing or two.

22. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    He's only keeping 144,000 people, there won't be room for them all ;)

If there's one text "Biblical Capitalism" of the sort preached in the USA does not respect, it's the Bible...

Vaderize03 likes this.
  23. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Just a note that I wasn't talking about banning tweets all together. But rather, if you post them, you'd better be able to post your thoughts on the matter being discussed in the link. You know, to foster a discussion. Same goes for single image and .gif posts in the upcoming thread.

Furthermore as was stated earlier, take the rest of it to Comms.

24. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Steele has already admitted in depositions that much of his dossier was created from whole cloth:
    CNN
    National Review
    Financial Times

The inspiration for the pee-tape story comes from Trump's 2013 meeting with Russian businessman Aras Agalarov in Las Vegas, when they visited a strip club called The Act, owned by Sheldon Addleson. Apparently the club had some especially nasty shows that included simulated golden showers. But this wasn't spicy enough for Steele, so he exaggerated things by saying a similar encounter happened in Russia, that Trump participated in it, and that there was blackmail evidence of it.

25. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I’ve started a thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.