main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Hasbro announced a Gaming Greats Purge Trooper with an electrostaff. Also coming is a Clone Trooper Lieutenant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado and Dawud786 like this.
  2. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Cool! Need to pick up that purge trooper.

Dannik Jerriko and Master_Rebado like this.
  4. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I didn’t buy the original Purge Trooper, so I’ll definitely be picking this one up.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Got both my AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan figures got a few photos of them plus my other figures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm not liking some of these new announcements. All just seem like lazy repaints / repackages. There's countless great characters that haven't been done. We don't need yet another clone trooper.

Anyway, I just pre-ordered the following:
    • Boba Fett (carbonized)
    • Stormtrooper (carbonized)
    • Kit Fisto
    • Plo Koon
    • Knight of Ren
    • Zorii Bliss
    • Sith Jet Trooper
    • Geonosis Battle Droid
    I just need Obi-Wan, Dooku and Bly from those waves now.

I'll also be pre-ordering Zeb as soon as he's available. (I'm in New Zealand and order from Australia. Sadly we don't get the figures as quickly as America.)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  7. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Cad Bane was announced yesterday and has already sold out for pre-orders. The figure was originally intended to be a European convention exclusive and will be available in the US in October. Also included is Bane’s droid Todo 360.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Now THAT is a figure I’ve been waiting a very long time for. Looks amazing.

9. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Yeah, I think Hasbro have put a lot of work into getting this figure right. There’s a ton of small details, things that they could have skipped over (such as the colours on the pistols and making the chaps overlap the trousers). I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for this one. Even if the exclusive sells out, I’m pretty confident that there will be a standard release in the future.

Master_Rebado and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  10. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Looks like it’s just been confirmed that Jar Jar Binks is coming too. Not a huge fan of the character, but I’ll definitely buy it. I think it’ll make for a great figure.

Master_Rebado and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  11. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    They had to make a Jar Jar figure. Jar Jar may divide fan opinions, but he’s one of the most recognisable Star Wars characters (especially Prequel Trilogy characters). I think that a lot of people have come around to Jar Jar over the years and he’ll make a great figure. The Phantom Menace has a ton of characters that would make great figures.

12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Some of us liked Jar Jar all along. I'm not currently collecting 6-inch stuff but if I was, I'd definitely pick this one up, with great excitement.

13. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    I'm just starting to collect the 6" Black Series and only have about 15 pieces. It's a rabbit hole I didn't want to go down, but the quality of some of these figures is outstanding. I received the 40th anniversary TESB TIE Pilot yesterday (thanks Zing) and it is an excellent figure. The Mandalorian Stormtrooper is on pre-order.

I can see this getting out of hand. [face_nail_biting]

Jordan1Kenobi and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I can't wait for a Jar-Jar figure. I would actually love a Hot Toys version of him, but I'd be happy w/a 6" - maybe that's a sign we'll be getting even more Phantom Menace 6" figures. I desperately want Queen Amidala 6" figures.

Welcome to Black Series madness...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  15. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Queen Amidala in her red gown is an iconic Star Wars image. I know the costume and headdress are highly detailed, but this could be released as one of the deluxe figures with a slightly higher price point. I’d also like to see a Sabé and young Anakin.

I started out with Bossk and Leia in Boushh disguise. I didn’t intend to start a serious collection. Four years later, I’m so far down the rabbit hole that I haven’t seen daylight since:p

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Same situation here. I got the original Boba Fett and Darth Maul, loved them so much I haven’t stopped collecting them since. I had to buy and install an entire shelving unit just for the series... And it’s already way, way over capacity.

17. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Got Cardinal for my 14 year old. Had my hands on the new Mando stormtrooper but passed it off to another guy because I'm not that big on stormies.[​IMG]

IG: @jedisufism

Dannik Jerriko and Master_Rebado like this.
  18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Just picked up my gaming greats BF2 Heavy Battle Droid and TFU Stormtrooper Commander. They look great in the coloured boxes!

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  20. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Hondo Ohnaka and Mountain Trooper figures are now available as part of the Galaxy’s Edge line of Black Series figures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    TIE Mechanic and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  21. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Been waiting for a Hondo Ohnaka for ages. Is there any way to get them outside of Disneyland? I'm in New Zealand...

Dannik Jerriko and TIE Mechanic like this.
  23. TIE Mechanic

Sep 1, 2019
    I just snagged the Gaming Greats Jango Fett released today at Zing here in Brisbane, Australia. At 55 AUD it's priced a little high, but they won't last long. I seem to building a nice collection of Mandalorian armoured figures without even trying (Jango Fett, Beskar Mandalorian, Heavy Infantry and an Archive Boba Fett). The release date of the Mandalorian Stormtrooper has been pushed back to the 25th of this month here in Aus.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Dannik Jerriko and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  24. TIE Mechanic

Sep 1, 2019
    LOL. The Bossk figure is really very good and I snagged an Archive version quite cheap as the packaging isn't in the best condition.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  25. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    The only place I’ve seen him for sale is Star Action Figures. It’s a UK-based site, but they do ship internationally (there is an extra charge). They still have Hondos available.

Jordan1Kenobi and TIE Mechanic like this.